Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Got Microneedling with DERMAPEN!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:59 am      Reply with quote
I have been doing lots of research and finally broke down and got microneedling done at the place I go to for botox and filler. They used a Dermapen and the pain was really not bad at all. Afterward they applied this amazing lotion called Nectrifirm (which I bought some to take home). They also gave me a kit with ampules of Biopelle Tensage Growth factor which is actually the slime from snails. I apply every morning and evening for 5 days. I will report back with my results. I am considering purchasing the Derminator because I would like to do other areas on my body. Wondering if it would give the same professional grade results and what you all use afterward to penetrate the little holes.!
Pandax12
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:28 am      Reply with quote
I would not mess with snail slime (snot).

http://barefacedtruth.com/2012/09/08/an-epistemology-of-fairies-snail-snot/
Pandax12
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:28 am      Reply with quote
I would not mess with snail slime (snot).

http://barefacedtruth.com/2012/09/08/an-epistemology-of-fairies-snail-snot/

http://barefacedtruth.com/2015/03/28/microneedling-snail-growth-factors-go/

Dr. Lance Setterfield is good friends with the 2 doctors that run BareFacedTruth.com
He often refers to their website like he does here. https://www.facebook.com/doc.setterfield
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Oh goodness. I'll look into it. What's the best stuff to put on after dermaneedling. This is what they offered.
Pandax12
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Assuming it was a medical roll (0.5mm+), there are a number of opinions as to what to use after rolling. And people's definition of what a medical role is varies. Some say 1.0mm+ like the Dr. Fernandez camp, while others like the Dr. Setterfield camp say 0.5mm+
I personally rotate between a 0.75mm and 1.0mm every 28 days. Dr. Setterfield recommends rolling once every 28 days (medical rolls).
Cosmetic rolls (0.20-0.30mm) are a different story. You can roll nightly but I find this a real PITA so try to do it every other nite. Skipping a week after a medical roll and then adding the cosmetic rolls 2 times a week the first week after the medical roll and evey other nite the next weeks.
I know that was information overload but I had to give you some background as to where I was coming from pertaining to rolling.

Remember that the medical rolls themselves are doing all the real work. Not what you put on after. Dr. Setterfield recommends using either hyaluronic acid or Kiwi oil after medical rolls. He is conservative in his approach because he is a Doctor that goes around the world teaching mainly other doctors/aestheticians and does not want to recommend things that could potentially cause harm or side effects. I can understand that view. I feel you can be less conservative in the home setting but feel there is no need to use things like C serum and Retin-A afterwards as they could potentially give you issues. Save those for the cosmetic rolls. I personally use Emu oil after medical rolls. Rolling is anything but an exact science as it's still early since it was introduced. Opinions vary greatly. The one common issue I see over and over again is people rolling far too often. (medical rolls)

The Derminator should give you the same or better results as the office visit. Of course they would think otherwise $$$$ Bad Grin
I will likely eventually get one but am more than happy with a regular roller at the moment.
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
You are a wealth of information and I appreciate it so much. I just started another post before I saw this response about hyaluronic acide. When I had my medical roll they didn't use it and instead used this lotion that I mentioned and then sent me home with the snail stuff.

As for the needles, she said they varied within the pen so some were 1.5 while others were shorter. I am going to have my arms and legs done with 2.5 or even a 3.

Now I am a little bummed out about them not using the hyaluronic acid and feel like maybe I won't get the best result. We did my chest.
Pandax12
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
wrinklefreeforever wrote:
You are a wealth of information and I appreciate it so much. I just started another post before I saw this response about hyaluronic acide. When I had my medical roll they didn't use it and instead used this lotion that I mentioned and then sent me home with the snail stuff.

As for the needles, she said they varied within the pen so some were 1.5 while others were shorter. I am going to have my arms and legs done with 2.5 or even a 3.

Now I am a little bummed out about them not using the hyaluronic acid and feel like maybe I won't get the best result. We did my chest.

Them not using HA will not have any negative effect. Now about that snail crud. Surprised
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Had my second session today with microneedling. Did my entire face and neck. I had her use the biggest needles possible, so for most of my face we did 2.5, except the forehead, jawbone, and cheekbones, which we lowered to 1.5 because it hurt. My neck we did entirely with 2.5. She applied hyaluronic acid before, during and after. Curious what most of you use for after care and if I should purchase some hyaluronic acid or something else to put on.
skinhelp
5% products discount

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:46 am      Reply with quote
I understand that part of the collagen producing process involves micro wounding the skin. I think that hyaluronic acid post treatment is reducing this important process. I think that applying Vitamin C and Retin A post op is more effective. However, this will cause more irritation and peeling of the skin.
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2015 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
So far I don't see much of a result. I did my face, neck, and chest. The only thing that seems to be going on is that my chest is irritated ... I put cortisone on it and hoping that alleviates. The redness is making the skin look even worse and older which is not making me happy.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2015 5:36 am      Reply with quote
Maybe it is just me, I did not notice much obvious improvement till the 11th month. Since then, I have noticed that my skin tone, texture, the size of pores are getting improved.
Pandax12
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2015 7:27 am      Reply with quote
wrinklefreeforever wrote:
So far I don't see much of a result. I did my face, neck, and chest. The only thing that seems to be going on is that my chest is irritated ... I put cortisone on it and hoping that alleviates. The redness is making the skin look even worse and older which is not making me happy.

Expecting results so early with Dermarolling is unrealistic. It does not work like that. Just like Retin-A.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2015 7:56 am      Reply with quote
I forgot where I saw that new collagen would not be kicked in 6 months later.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2015 9:05 am      Reply with quote
OMG Wrinklefreeforever,
i am so glad your face is ok! I was truly worried about you when you posted about the weird inflammation on your face.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2015 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Jasmine Rosey - I was so freaked out. I had to be the mask she gave me to put on afterward bc it went down after it was off for a while. It was one of those gel masks. Anyway, yeah I'm kinda disappointed bc I read posts that people saw a little improvement right after and then after a month a much bigger improvement. So what should I expect ... nothing until 6 months. I plan on doing it monthly.

On another note, I am just really disappointed with a lot of procedures I've had. I got sculptra almost 10 weeks ago. They said by 12 weeks I should see something and I don't. In fact it looked great after she did it and so the deflation that happened gradually is making me feel horrible. And then, I got Restalyne Silk in my crows feet and the few lip lines that are starting to form which was a disaster and not only didn't do anything but formed lumps and she had to dissolve.

Definitely not winning over here!
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 08, 2015 4:19 am      Reply with quote
Wrinklefree, are you getting the fillers at the same or different places? Did you use groupon?
Just trying to figure out why your results are not pleasing.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 09, 2015 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
I got the filler at the same place, but yesterday I went to another place that I've gone to before, just further way. Got Radiesse and Perlane. I like his technique, but I gotta tell you, the Radiesse hurt like heck. I've had Radiesse before but this time it really hurt and all through the night. The swelling is going down but still hurts to smile, however, I like the results. My problem is that I work out alot and my face gets really gaunt so need the filler to pull it out.
General Ripper

Sun May 10, 2015 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Pandax12 wrote:
but feel there is no need to use things like C serum and Retin-A afterwards as they could potentially give you issues.

I was wondering what your thinking was behind this. Just from your own experience? Speaking with others? The idea that such a deep roll itself is doing almost all of the work?

I roll for stretch marks and find the regular application of Vit C serum (which does not leave a pleasant smell on clothes or bed sheets) and Infadolan to be the thing I struggle the most to keep up over time.
Pandax12
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 10, 2015 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
General Ripper wrote:
Pandax12 wrote:
but feel there is no need to use things like C serum and Retin-A afterwards as they could potentially give you issues.

I was wondering what your thinking was behind this. Just from your own experience? Speaking with others? The idea that such a deep roll itself is doing almost all of the work?

I roll for stretch marks and find the regular application of Vit C serum (which does not leave a pleasant smell on clothes or bed sheets) and Infadolan to be the thing I struggle the most to keep up over time.

Funny you should post this. Tonite I rolled with a 1.0mm. My once every 4 weeks. I used Retin-A about an hour later. First time I've done that in all the years when doing medical rolls. No issues at all. Felt just like it does when I use a .30mm and then use Retin-A.
The concept of the medical roller (in this case 1.0mm)doing the real work is pretty logical to me. I look at it as the train and what you put on after or before are the passengers. Very Happy The train will get to where it's going with or without us. Something like a good oil or HA is always a good idea after. Infadolan works well. I used that some in the past.
General Ripper

Tue May 12, 2015 6:19 am      Reply with quote
Pandax12 wrote:
Funny you should post this. Tonite I rolled with a 1.0mm. My once every 4 weeks. I used Retin-A about an hour later. First time I've done that in all the years when doing medical rolls. No issues at all. Felt just like it does when I use a .30mm and then use Retin-A.
The concept of the medical roller (in this case 1.0mm)doing the real work is pretty logical to me. I look at it as the train and what you put on after or before are the passengers. Very Happy The train will get to where it's going with or without us. Something like a good oil or HA is always a good idea after. Infadolan works well. I used that some in the past.

It makes sense that the rolling is doing almost everything, especially if doing 2 mm. Applying Infadolan isn't much hassle really. It is just the Vit C that over time becomes a pain. Having to make new batches, storing it in the fridge, spraying it on, the smell it leaves, stains on sheets from putting it on before bed. And I take Vit C supplements anyway. So moving forward, I think I'll be more relaxed about after care, as it is one of the things that hurts my motivation to keep it up over time.
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2015 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
I may be going crazy here - but I need help. I feel like every day I am noticing more wrinkles. Freaking me out. These lines I'm getting on my upper lip I never noticed before and I keep seeing more. This is all suddenly and I don't smoke so not sure what is going on. When I got filler, I had Restalyne Silk and hated it. It got all bumpy and hard and I had it dissolved. When I went to my other guy he told me that the silk and the botelero really didn't do much and only laser or needling would help. I feel so stuck and don't know what to do. I had that one needle session on my face and it hasn't been a month but I swear the lines look worse. Anyway, I just had a VI Peel with booster on my neck and chest, figuring it would help the results of the needing I had there, so waiting to see. I am in the peeling stages right now. I've done so much and I am not seeing results and it is really making me want to cry.

So far ...

2 syringes sculptra - 10 weeks ago
Needling my entire face, neck and chest - almost a month ago.
VI Peel neck and chest
Radiesse cheeks
Restalyn Silk - upper lip lines and crows feet - had dissolved in upper lip, still bumpy on crows feet and no improvement in lines.
Perlane under eye and tear trough, tiny bit in lip lines
Botox - put a little in my upper lip lines, forehead looks good

But for all the money I spent I feel like I look worse.

HELP anyone! Am I just freaking myself out here and doing too much?!
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 13, 2015 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry this is going on for you. It sounds to me like your skin may be dehydrated from everything. You might want to give it a break for 4-6 weeks and use a good moisturizer focused on barrier repair.

You may need more time for the Sculptra to show effect. I know they recommend a total of one syringe per decade of age (if you are 50 it's 5 syringes). But they inject 2, wait 8-10 weeks, then another 2, wait more and then whatever else you need.

I hope you find something that works.
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2015 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Shasta - I'm 50 so I def need 5. I may do another 2 at once - hurt like hell though. You may be right about laying off everything for a bit. I didn't needling made your skin dry. I think I am going to start taking hyaluronic acid tablets, bc at my age I may need that boost. I was also considering an estrogen or estriol topical. I have to do something this is killing my self estee.
LizzieG
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2015 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
hello wrinkle free - sorry you're feeling so low - I know how it can all get you down - from reading lots and lots of posts on here I've learned that doing too much can be as bad for our skin as doing nothing - I think the advice above is good, lay off all the heavy hitting stuff for a while and let your skin recuperate - then maybe try one thing at a time. Its so tempting reading about how people are having great success with one thing another - makes you want to try everything! stay strong - I'm sure it will work out for you
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2015 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Went to my derm to get botox for my 11's yesterday (it has been ages). I asked about the boletra filler that I had been hearing about as well for some fine lines that had popped up that were bothering me.
She asked if I had tried needling (they do the dermaroller thing there) and I told her I had a dermaroller, stamp, etc. She was fascinated but asked why I had not been using it then to combat the wrinkles that I could see in my over-sized magnifying glass and she could not and felt were non-existent, haha.
She then suggested using the dermaroller in that area and drinking more water. Some of the fine lines were merely dehydration.
She suggested drinking my full amount of water EVERY day and to see what that would do and then if I still saw my imaginary lines (gotta love her), come back in a few months and we could do some plumping up with juvaderm in the lip lines, corners of the mouth and nasolabial but one syringe would more than do it at that point.
Also, an extra good moisturizer, Vitamin C serums and my Omegas/Skin Restoring Phytoceramides of any type.
Sounded like a plan so we shall see!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |