Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Bioderma Photoderm Mineral Sunscreen Review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
delshimy84
5% products discount

Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:10 am      Reply with quote
I just received the Bioderma Photoderm Mineral sunscreen spf 50+ / PPD 26. I bought it because it is entirely physical with the highest PPD I could find. I thought it would be perfect and that since I wear makeup, I would have no problem covering the white cast.

This sunscreen is the worst thing I have ever used. The white cast is fine, but it is the greasiest sunscreen I have ever used. It comes in a spray bottle, so I spray the amount of 1/4 teaspoo onto my hands and apply it to my face. The texture is so runny that it just kept dripping down my hands. Once applied to the face, it never actually sets. Not even an hour later. It remains just as greasy and shiny and with makeup on top, I look like a disco ball. I am extremely disappointed.
I've tried leaving it on and letting it set, but then the moment I touch my face (an hour later), the sunscreen gets removed. I can see it on my fingertips and I can see an uncovered spot on my fae. I've rubbed it over and over and nothing.

All the reviews I have read said it had a very white cast but that it was mattifying. That is why I bought it. It is not at all.
So far I have used the following sunscrees: Andalou naturals, Shiseido gentle protection, Clarins UV pprotection, Bioderma photoderm max milk. So I know what greasy is. This was justa total surprise.

If you are using this sunscreen and for some reason like it, please let me know what I am doing wrong. I also have dry skin so I cannot imagine this on oily skin.

Thank you
jazzi
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
You aren't doing anything wrong, it's plain nasty stuff. A friend warned me against it and said it was greasy and white, but I *had* to try it in a vain hope that I coul make it work. To this day I can't get most Western sunscreens to look nice on my skin, I tried and tried, because of the nicer filters (don't get no tan, even with neglecting re-application), but it's difficult to wear them outside of beach setting or similar. I don't care how good the promised protection is, it's irrelevant, if I can't/won't wear it. If it's not white/blue then it's greasy, and on occasion stings/burns. Nowadays I just get some Japanese/Korean stuff (most things with 'milk' and 'soft' on them seem to be matte and only slightly whitening) and everything else can bite me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
jazzi wrote:
You aren't doing anything wrong, it's plain nasty stuff. A friend warned me against it and said it was greasy and white, but I *had* to try it in a vain hope that I coul make it work. To this day I can't get most Western sunscreens to look nice on my skin, I tried and tried, because of the nicer filters (don't get no tan, even with neglecting re-application), but it's difficult to wear them outside of beach setting or similar. I don't care how good the promised protection is, it's irrelevant, if I can't/won't wear it. If it's not white/blue then it's greasy, and on occasion stings/burns.
Quote:
Nowadays I just get some Japanese/Korean stuff (most things with 'milk' and 'soft' on them seem to be matte and only slightly whitening) and everything else can bite me.

Do you have a favorite product? Do you order online?

I have a lot of sunscreens that are just too greasy. I use my "fails" on my hands.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:33 am      Reply with quote
Autumn1995 wrote:
Do you have a favorite product? Do you order online?

I have a lot of sunscreens that are just too greasy. I use my "fails" on my hands.

I know, right? Laughing The problem is, I only have 2 hands. Rolling Eyes So I just end up throwing them away, depending on how severe the fail is.

At the moment I like Missha Soft Finish Sun Milk, it's only slightly whitening, so I don't end up looking like a freak, has zinc, titanium, Tinosorb M and Oxtinoxate and smells faintly like cherry bubble gum, Imo. Possible drawbacks, it's silicone heavy, needs a good cleansing routine, and according to some it contains questionable ingredients (Oxtinoxate, parabens, alcohol).

http://www.misshaus.com/all/skin-care/sun-care/sun-protection/all-around-safe-block-soft-finish-sun-milk-spf-50-pa-r.html

Biore has nice sunscreens also, easy to acquire via Amazon. Milk is nicer for matte finish, essence is more dewy. No idea what gel is like.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Biore+uv

Otherwise I just occasionally browse Amazon for anything that looks promising and qualifies for Prime, because in most other places I end up paying more for shipping than for the product itself or they dispatch from places I have little faith in, or it takes weeks to arrive. I require instant gratification and Amazon is the closest thing seeing as I have no places that carry anything remotely interesting around here (I would murder to have access to a J or K supermarket).

5% products discount

Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:15 am      Reply with quote
You simply cannot win with sunscreen. I used to use cosmetically elegant ones, then I started being concerned with the PPD (usually not high enough). Now I look for PPD, but they are only high in chemical sunscreens. There is a lot of controversy about ingredients. I would never use oxybenzone, but most good chemical sunscreens contain octocrylene, which apparently also raises safety concerns. So if it wasn't for that, I would've used a photostable chemical sunscreen since you don't have to worry about it being rubbed off every time you touch your face.
For now, I am stuck with physical sunscreens and low PPD. But I wonder sometimes - What is the point of trying to prevent wrinkles and aging if you're going to spend your youth looking like a greasy mess and hate looking at your disco ball face everytime there is a mirror around?!
jazzi
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
No, there must be a way to win! Even if it's a difficult war with countless collaterals. I'm more worried about photostability, especially with UVA filters, you could ask me about my sunscreen and I wouldn't know the SPF or other rating. What matters to me is that my sunscreen has zinc oxide and/or Tinosorb M, and/or Uvinul A Plus (aka the more reliable UVA filters) and it looks great or at least passable on face.
I should be ashamed for all those YEARS I used sub-elegant stuff, and godonlyknows why let myself be talked into believing that high zinc oxide content is the answer to all my prayers, because when I think back, physical-only sunscreens have consistently looked worst and have let most UV through (meaning, I tanned. shocking, I know!). That's such a load of BS to be honest. The only saving grace is I never relied on makeup for UV protection, I be spotty and wrinkly as hell by now (*cough* mineral powder*cough*).
Btw, trust me, you can also wipe off or transfer chemical sunscreens easily, it's not true they have to be absorbed into skin or wherever (absorbtion of UV filter is considered undesirable side-effect and sunscreen is (or should be) formulated so they stay ON skin as long as possible). If you don't believe me get a Scotch tape and blacklight.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Good to know, I love their eyemakeup remover and probably would have bought this, thanks for the warning!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
For the record, I had the oil-free version, spf50 that came in a yellow container. It's runny and hard to apply because it dries so quickly.

After reading this thread, I would say stay clear of Bioderma for their sunscreens.

I just started using an EltaMD sunscreen that I 'm liking so far.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |