Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Harmed by a chemical peel. Help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Camouflage
5% products discount

Sun May 17, 2015 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! I've recently signed up because I need advice. I had an AHA chemical peel done in July 2014, but the outcome has been disastrous. My skin texture became orange peel-like, full of lines and pores, and some hyper and hypopigmentation as well. I also became hypersensitive to sun, although this has subsided a little in the past couple of months (I wear sunscreen every single day, but I don't usually have the burning sensation I used to).

From what I've read, it seems the lines and pores are the result of over exfoliation, isn't it? Yet 10 months have passed since the peel and my skin has not regenerated. Is there anything I can do to reverse the damage? Has anyone experienced the same issue and managed to solve it? I've seen hundreds of derms and none could help me, so I'm really frustrated.
Trishiapp
5% products discount

Sun May 17, 2015 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi.

I'm sorry this has happened to you. The orange peel texture is inflammation. You need to be very, very gentle with your skin; no harsh chemicals and exfoliants. I read that many noticed great improvement from combination of Emu Oil and Manuka Honey applied to the face.

Good luck!

5% products discount

Mon May 18, 2015 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Check out products containing Tepezconuite. ASDM has a serum and cream and there are some products on Amazon. Do some research of this on line. I think it may help your skin.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2015 8:53 am      Reply with quote
I second emu oil.
necchi1
5% products discount

Mon May 18, 2015 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
you need to see a doctor/dermatologist
nene
5% products discount

Tue May 19, 2015 10:42 am      Reply with quote
The Tepezcohuite cream ASDM sells has Emu Oil in it.
libertango
5% products discount

Tue May 19, 2015 11:29 am      Reply with quote
It is quite weird that you have this condition after such a long time.
My experience is quite different, but as it does not hurt I'll tell you my story.
I have never tried chemical peels (other than Denis Gross-alpha beta peel), but one day, out of the blue, all my face skin turned dry looking more like cigarette paper. I don't know why it happened, but what I did was slicing a cucumber, and applied those cucumber slices all over my face. The next day all my paper skin peeled like a mask. The result was my real face with no noticeable damage.I don't really know if the cucumber helped me or it was just the normal outcome.
I also know there are viruses that may damage skin, looking like carcinoma or large pores...but it's not. It has no cure, and it can spread.
Beta Wolf

Wed May 20, 2015 12:37 am      Reply with quote
necchi1 wrote:
you need to see a doctor/dermatologist

She says she's seen hundreds but none have helped.

I've had that experience with derm issues before too and it's very frustrating. Derms don't always help so you have to learn to help yourself.

It's a good start to ak questions at skin care boards. I'm sure if you continue, you'll meet someone who has had and solved the same problem you're suffering from.
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2015 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
That is a weird reaction. Were there other products that you used after the peel that may have irritated your skin?

My go-to treatment for skin conditions is slicing an aloe vera leaf open and rubbing the gelatinous substance on and then applying raw, organic avocado oil.

Test any new treatment on your wrist for 24 hours to check for a potential allergic reaction.

Best wishes

61 in 2/2021. Author of "Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care" May 2015. Sunscreen/skin protection, DIY C serum, firming serums, Retin-A, OCM, FlexEffect from 2002, lymphatic massage, 6 rolls/year 1.5 mm derma roller from 2008, Infrared/Red LED from 2009, Galvanic/Ultrasound intermittent
Camouflage
5% products discount

Fri May 22, 2015 4:28 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for your answers and suggestions! I really appreciate them. Emu oil and Tepezhuite aren't sold where I live, so I'll have to get them shipped from abroad.

I've started taking vitamins some days ago and I've noticed considerable improvement. Nothing like what I looked before the peel, but still I feel on the right track. I've been really distressed by this issue. Hope I can get hold of the products you recommend!
havana8

Sun May 24, 2015 8:12 am      Reply with quote
You could also try Nia24. I know some have mentioned using it over time with success in outcomes of damaged skin such as you are describing (the inflammation, lines, large pores etc.) Best wishes with whatever you end up trying!
ashleymorrow
5% products discount

Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi Camouflage,

I’m wondering if you’ve found anything yet thats improving your skin condition. Mine seems to be the same for the last 10 months Sad

regards,
ashley
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Okay you say you had a peel “done” – where did you have this done? Was it at a salon or a derms?

It does sound like skin remodeling – and inflammation partnered together.

For now helping your skin to heal both inside and out is by far the greatest thing you can do. So taking Vit C and MSM are two big things that jump out as these help the skin heal faster. Don’t know your skin type but avocado oil is great if you have oily skin. I’m a dry skinned lady and so for me it isn’t moisturizing enough and I have to opt for an oil like emu, or even Vit E oil (which my skin drinks up). Secondly you want to avoid irritating your skin too – so no acids, AHAs etc. Keep everything simple and plain for now and don’t forget sunblock ever!
Camouflage wrote:
Hi everyone! I've recently signed up because I need advice. I had an AHA chemical peel done in July 2014, but the outcome has been disastrous. My skin texture became orange peel-like, full of lines and pores, and some hyper and hypopigmentation as well. I also became hypersensitive to sun, although this has subsided a little in the past couple of months (I wear sunscreen every single day, but I don't usually have the burning sensation I used to).

From what I've read, it seems the lines and pores are the result of over exfoliation, isn't it? Yet 10 months have passed since the peel and my skin has not regenerated. Is there anything I can do to reverse the damage? Has anyone experienced the same issue and managed to solve it? I've seen hundreds of derms and none could help me, so I'm really frustrated.
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
People will be getting bored with me saying this but: eat enough protein. Our vital organs and muscles get first dibs on protein, so make sure there is plenty spare for your skin (and hair). Check your 'daily requirements' and then maybe increase, taking some at each meal so the body has a chance to use it all. And get enough energy in other foods (fat is my preference, others believe in carbs), so the protein doesn't need to be used for energy.

I had terribly puffy saggy eyelids a few years ago when I wasn't eating enough protein. They are good now.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |