Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

what age did beauty fade?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
fabledbeauty

Fri May 22, 2015 12:02 am      Reply with quote
I know you can be attractive at any age but what age does commercial beauty end around?
zizi5863

Fri May 22, 2015 8:37 am      Reply with quote
In my very personal opinion based on observing people around me, attractiveness and beauty start getting lost around 34 to 38 year of age in women and 38-42 in men.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 22, 2015 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
In general, I would agree with Zizi. However, I really think of beauty being in the eye of the beholder.

When I hear of older men talk of how beautiful their wives are (to them)after being married for decades....it is heartwarming.

Many women are attractive after the age of 40. I read MORE magazine. It is a magazine written and marketed for the 40 plus crowd and features smart and attractive women. No skinny youngsters would be featured!

Fri May 22, 2015 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
That's way past my assumption I was gonna say 16-24. Once you hit mid twenties your girlish youthfulness is lost men have up until 28 or so maybe 29
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 22, 2015 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
I'm trying to figure out what you guys are referring to. Are we speaking of commercial modeling and the criteria there or general observation of beauty in the media?
Modeling needs a blank slate. That's why the majority of runway models are not famous while they model and are a bag of bones that anything can be draped on.
I think most beautiful women that take care of themselves almost always look better in their 20's and 30's than they do in their teens. This is in general but you can definitely find this to be true of a lot of child actresses versus their adult careers...
There are some females that have a type of beauty that is entirely dependent on their ripeness and rounded cheeks and as soon as that fades they lose everything. But that's not the norm that I have found..
I do think prettiness fades in women's 40's no matter how well one takes care of themselves. They can be beautiful and they can be sexy but the word pretty no longer seems to apply. Pretty is a young word.
I think men with good genes and thick skin might last a bit longer but men in general don't seem to take care of themselves in that way and the women seem to be outdoing them these days by working so hard at it.
obsedded1234
5% products discount

Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
I really think it depends on the individual. I know one lady who honestly looked fantastic (and quite sexy, lol) up into her mid to late 50's. She never had anything done (still natural decades later). I'm not implying she's 'lost it', but she looks older - in a good way though!

Any-who; I think one MAJOR factor is how one carries oneself. It makes more of a difference than one would think. Smile

PS. IMO; most women 'transition' from the 'youthful-kind-of-beauty' to 'older-kind-of-beauty' at around 45-55+.

I'd say the 'haggard' (what an unpleasant word)/ grandmother appearance becomes rather apparent at 70+.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
that quesiton is doomed. It is like shooting yourself in the foot to think that beauty has a window of opportunity. As if you can only be your most beautiful for a five year period. sounds like a scifi movie.

However.. I'd say the Amierican definition of beauty..thank goodness... is expanding to embrace all generations instead of the 18-23 year rule of yesteryear.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Plenty of cosmetic companies are using middle aged actresses and models now.
sophie22
5% products discount

Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
I remember reading in a survey conducted by Allure that women reach their peak at 31. Exceptional fitness and nutrition can remove years from your actual age.IMy aunt who is 48 and has a 15 year old daughter looks as young as a 20 year old..

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Beauty and attractiveness should only refer to the spirit of a person and not their physical appearance. Otherwise, it is cheapened. I believe that if you have a healthy, taken care of mind and body, true beauty radiates from WITHIN.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Lightshox wrote:
Beauty should only refer to the spirit of a person and not their physical appearance... true beauty radiates from WITHIN.

Sorry, this will never happen. The problem is you cannot see inside of someone. What is wrong with describing them as nice, kind, funny or anything else if they aren't objectively beautiful?

Every culture in the world throughout recorded history has had their own standards for beauty. If you don't like ours and want to be considered beautiful, you will have to change or move somewhere else where your type is considered beautiful. Or learn to accept yourself the way you are.
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Everyone here is right. I'd just mention that fertility has a lot to do with it. When we're fertile, certain signs of it show: waist to hip ratio, thick hair and skin etc. Once we're in perimenopause or menopause we can be beautiful in another way, or fake those signs of fertility. I must say that however hard I work at keeping my mid-30s beauty (and people claim I still have it, at 50), I did become 'invisible' to men my age and younger a couple of years ago.

Doesn't matter, I'm happily married and know I look good, but there is something subtle that just shows 'it's over' in terms of fertility. It's very funny now: when I dress up a bit the 60+ men look at me, nobody else even sees me, LOL.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Take hormones.
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Who, me?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:49 am      Reply with quote
I think this highlights so many things. What makes you feel that commercial beauty has to end? A beautiful woman is a beautiful woman no matter how old or young she is. We are lucky to have so many examples of that. Whether someone chooses surgical methods or natural is their choice and they have every right to make it. To me the real secret to beauty I have noticed is that when I feel good and healthy my hubby always tells me I’m beautiful which is proof enough for me.
fabledbeauty wrote:
I know you can be attractive at any age but what age does commercial beauty end around?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Wow, I guess I am way past the commercial beauty age! I am 53 and still think I have still have some looks left (and was hoping for a few more good years). Not prime but passable at least, haha.
For me, there isn't an age as it all depends on the person I am looking at. I guess it also depends on the definition.
My MIL once said that she felt she became invisible at 50. I remember how sad that made me feel and decided that I didn't ever want to become invisible. Aging is inevitable but being relevant and vital is not.
I am less concerned about the physical as much as the mental these days as that reflects on your face just as much.
Hopefully also with age comes the wisdom, priorities and the capacity to not care as much!

Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:02 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
Take hormones.

Most of the cosmetics, including nail polish, anti-bacterial soaps, anti-ageing creams, hair sprays and perfumes, have a severe effect on female. With the presence of many volatile organic compounds, formaldehyde, Phthalate like dibutyl Phthalate (DPT) and toluene as ingredients in nail polish, these chemicals pose a high risk to cause fertility issues, misconception and even birth defects. Women who polish their nails very frequently are at a greater concern in terms of facing fertility issues. Phthalates are known to cause infertility in both the males and females. It is sometimes advised for the people working in beauty salons for hours to take precautionary measures.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |