Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How old do I look?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BlueLagoon123

Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
I've been taking care of my skin since I was in my late teens. Since I was 17 I've been told I looked 30. I always get told I look like I have a mature appearance and don't know why.

I can provide photos
nycatlover
5% products discount

Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
I think looking mature isn't the same as looking old.
Camouflage
5% products discount

Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
I've often wondered what is it that makes some people look younger/older than others of the same age. We usually think it's only the skin that matters, but I've seen people that looked younger than others with less wrinkles than them. I have the impression that those with a large face and strong features tend to look more mature, no matter how flawless their complexion is.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:15 am      Reply with quote
You say you have been told you look 30 – did you ever ask the people saying that what did they mean?

The other silly thing is if you are tall people think you are older. I saw this with my son’s who hit 6” at 14. Everyone treated them like young adults because they were tall. It had nothing to do with how they facially looked, but the simple fact they were tall.

Another thing is it doesn’t matter what you look like, but if you behave in a certain manner that can create the illusion too. So I have a friend who is 60 plus but lively and full of energy. She puts me to shame. However, people always think she is in her 40’s because of her high energy. I have another friend who is in her 30’s and moves around slowly and meekly, and people guess her to be my age. Nothing to do with age.
BlueLagoon123

Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
"
You say you have been told you look 30 – did you ever ask the people saying that what did they mean? "

They can't pinpoint what it is that makes me look mature. Although some say its my mannerisms or perspective on things.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Then you have nothing to worry about. If they could pinpoint it then that would be a different thing but the fact they can’t shows you that you don’t look old. As for mannerisms or perspective these are things you can do something about. Although no two people are going to judge these identically so relax.

BlueLagoon123 wrote:
"They can't pinpoint what it is that makes me look mature. Although some say its my mannerisms or perspective on things.
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
I agree looking mature doesn't mean look old unless skin is sagging and crepey. Otherwise, you should stay positive. Some people with wrinkles, might still look young because he/she
stays uplifted and cheerful.That's all about.
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
I was an attractive young woman, plenty of male attention Wink, but hardly ever got carded, so I did look 'mature' from early on. I have a fairly strong jaw and nose, and I'm quite tall. So never a pretty little thing, but a good-looking woman from age 17. The good news is: my face basically looked the same for decades - a strong bone structure keeps it all in place Smile.

Now I look at photos from the last decades and wish I could go back and tell myself to stop worrying about not looking good enough, because I looked pretty good. Enjoy the kind of beauty you do have.

Another advantage of looking like a mature sensible person is in one's career: I've noticed that very short and cute women often go to a lot of effort with high heels and a very energetic attitude in work situations, as if getting respect takes a bit of effort? Perhaps the pretty ones could comment Smile.

About relationships: the kind of man who wants a submissive, meek woman never came near me (not just my looks but my attitude no doubt). No man who wanted a young girl to boss around. I've always been with men who wanted an equal partner, and I like that.

I'm not saying that small, pretty women attract the wrong type of man, again maybe someone else could comment.
catxl
5% products discount

Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:25 am      Reply with quote
This is an really interesting question.

In the second-third decade, age/matureness is mostly show by bony features. e.g. distance between eyes, cheek level, jaw size, chin length and it's angle. These are features well described in anthropology.

In the 4th and 5th decade, age is mostly showed by skin feature, wrinkles, spots, sagging eye/lip, loss of cheek fat etc.

In the 6th -8th decade, age is mostly showed by frail colour and lack of facial adipose tissue as well as overall energy level and mobility. As most people is expected to have some wrinkles by that age, therefore details of the facial skin does not mean much. However, overall health reflected on the skin tone means a lot. That's why when you see seniors appeared much younger than stated age is mostly because you are impressed by their overall fitness rather than their face.
HealthFTW

Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
nycatlover wrote:
I think looking mature isn't the same as looking old.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Very Happy
lillyc
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:40 am      Reply with quote
BlueLagoon123 wrote:
I've been taking care of my skin since I was in my late teens. Since I was 17 I've been told I looked 30. I always get told I look like I have a mature appearance and don't know why.

I can provide photos

I am facing a similar situation that frustrates me a lot...it seems that my appearance is always ahead my real age
System
Automatic Message
Sat May 11, 2024 1:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |