Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Exercises to make chin and jawline more defined?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
essentialdayspabro
5% products discount

Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:42 am      Reply with quote
Is flexeffect exercises good for this?
essentialdayspabro
5% products discount

Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Especially the jaw area under the ears
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Just my opinion but jawline and neck area is often connected to weight. So if you want a sharper jawline, exercises can help somewhat but you need to do a proper diet to lose excess fat.
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:48 am      Reply with quote
@essentialdayspabro, you completely threw me in specifying the jaw beneath the ear area. I'm not sure I know what you're talking about.
There's different types of lack of definition in the jaw and neck area. Everyone gets it to some degree because what we don't lose goes south when we age; muscle, bone, subcutaneous fat.
I can't really speak on the effect of being overweight or yo-yo dieting on sagging skin or lack of definition. I haven't dieted since being an anorexic teen and have stayed a consistent size 7/8 (by exercise).. yet the jaw and neck were specifically the first place I identified as my aging markers.
I don't know about flex effect in particular but I have found face exercises to be very effective in this area. I don't know about under the ears because I haven't found this to be a problem for me. ..
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:27 am      Reply with quote
I don't know area he is talking about either - but would recommend asking on their forum about it as they are quite friendly and do answer questions. So that might be best way.
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:31 am      Reply with quote
Dear EDS bro,

Can you move your ears? Bear with me on this.

Weight does come into the equation but if you're slender but still undefined then maybe you need to reactivate or strengthen the scalp muscles that can help pull things back in place.

I'm 47 now and am firm and chiselled under the chin through the jawline to my ears. It may be luck, it's certainly not genetic, I truly believe the two exercises I do for this area must have some effect, been doing them for 6 years.

There's a site I used to learn how to target my scalp muscles (I couldn't move my ears at all when I first tried). It's says that this exercise helps the upper face but I feel it makes a difference to my jawline leading to my ears too. He's also got another exercise for under the chin although I do the similar 'kiss the ceiling'.

http://www.shapeyourface.com/exercise_five.htm

From the site -
First, a bit of trivia. Twice as many men compared to women can wiggle their ears. This has significance. If a man or a woman can wiggle the ears, it means that there is contraction of the muscles at the back of the head. These are the muscles that must be alternately contracted with the muscles at the front of the head during the scalp exercise.

Hope this will help, it's not a quick fix but stay with it.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:39 am      Reply with quote
I know someone asked this before but there isn't actually proof or evidence to support this other than Tom's own experience. Now understandably Tom is doing great but I can't help but wonder if this is just his personal opinion and experience - maybe he just hasn't met women who can move their ears etc.

I definitely can't move mine and tried all the suggestions and just gave up on it, but it always has made me wonder.
This is Miranda wrote:
From the site -
First, a bit of trivia. Twice as many men compared to women can wiggle their ears. This has significance. If a man or a woman can wiggle the ears, it means that there is contraction of the muscles at the back of the head. These are the muscles that must be alternately contracted with the muscles at the front of the head during the scalp exercise.

Hope this will help, it's not a quick fix but stay with it.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |