Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Under eye fat deposit help!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
EiffelTower

Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:33 am      Reply with quote
Okay so I'm I'm a really sucky situation. I'm only 17 and I appear to have more fat deposits under one eye (right) than the other. I wasn't born like that; this issue popped up around 2 years ago. What I have noticed, is that the whole right side of my face is puffier than the left.

Now I did go to the doctors for this, but she just dismissed me with antihistamines tellingme it's a "cosmetic issue". It just doesn't make sense though.

I can't have surgery because I'm too young and I could never afford it anyway. Anytime I search online about this issue most of the remedies are for older people,which just shows that my situation is extra bizarre. I have no idea why this is happening.

I'm gonna go back to the doctors anyway, but in the meantime I bought some vitamin C and a retinoid to help. Do you guys think that these to things will work ?

I'm desperate here.
Lulu On Beauty

Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:52 am      Reply with quote
No way to give you an accurate answer but these are my thoughts. If it is truly a fat deposit there is nothing except surgery that will helpd. Do not fall for any hype, claims, marketing on products. Think about it, if there was something that could break down fat we'd have a party every day!

The fact that it is one side and you are saying you feel the entire half of your face is puffy is concerning and you should continue to find a doctor who will understand. I'm not sure what the laws are in your state because of your age, can they prescribe without a parent? I'm assuming you are under your parent's insurance. Could it be a clogged tear duct? Could it be a one sided sinus issue?

Maybe ladies can chime in but I think allergies would effect both eyes and your entire face.

Not all doctor's graduate at the top of the class. One doctor does mean you are getting an accurate diagnosis. The doctor may be spot on but if the solution of allergy meds is not resolving the issue, you need to be a squeeky wheel and return to the doctor or find another practice.

If it turns out to be puffy eyes and a cosmetic issue, it's a long long time to see results with serums and you have to be absolutely diligent, watch the salt in your diet, maybe elevate the head of your bed, gently massage your under eyeS area to drain lymph nodes. Skinn Cosmetics, sold on evine the shopping station and they have a website, has a potent serum, Hylighten, but he will tell you it takes months of regular use.
exotic.intoxication
5% products discount

Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:22 am      Reply with quote
Are you sure it's fat? Could it perhaps be water retention etc? I believe some people have achieved success reducing eye bags with massage and increasing circulation. Is that the sort of fat you mean?
maggie_p
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Just a thought, are you a side sleeper? Perhaps you need to think back to what was happening when the puffiness appeared... Otherwise, I really think doctors should take a better look because it is strange that it happens only on one side of the face...
I agree with previous posters, massage should definitely be helpful (Tanaka).
There are also a lot of eye creams for this...
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Agree with maggie_p. Sounds like you sleep on one side or at least consistently turn your head to one side.

Try a few weeks of sleeping with your head propped up on two pillows so its elevated. Tanaka massage will help a lot of its fluid retention (good video of Tanaka on Youtube). Can take some time to disburse fluids so try these simple methods for a few weeks.

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |