Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Looking 10 years younger?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
fabledbeauty

Sun May 03, 2015 4:53 am      Reply with quote
I'm 25 and really want to look younger. I use retin a and vitamin c serum but I still look like the mid twenties. I know it's probably unrealistic to get the beauty I had at 15 or 14 but I just want my skin to be dewier and glowier.
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2015 8:20 am      Reply with quote
It's a little disconcerting that already young people are wanting to look even younger. Do you really think you looked better at 14 or 15 than you do now.. (because I sure didn't) ?
It's true that babies and children still have that seamless baby fat face that time and expression does start defining as you grow into adulthood...but that's not always such a bad thing. It's usually the difference between beautiful and cute.
But you can get glowing skin at any age..Try AHA lotions and some acid peels, microdermabrasion and exfoliating...serums with peptides and hyaluronic acid..
Exercise regularly..and drink a ton of water..That water one is hard for me but it makes a huge difference.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2015 9:59 am      Reply with quote
it was said that a woman didn't come into her own in terms of her beauty till she is 30.

in other words, even in our 20's our beauty isn't yet at it's peak.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2015 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
tigerlily009 wrote:
It's a little disconcerting that already young people are wanting to look even younger. Do you really think you looked better at 14 or 15 than you do now.. (because I sure didn't) ?
It's true that babies and children still have that seamless baby fat face that time and expression does start defining as you grow into adulthood...but that's not always such a bad thing. It's usually the difference between beautiful and cute.
But you can get glowing skin at any age..Try AHA lotions and some acid peels, microdermabrasion and exfoliating...serums with peptides and hyaluronic acid..
Exercise regularly..and drink a ton of water..That water one is hard for me but it makes a huge difference.

I think your advice on drinking more water is good. Plus maybe more sleep. I know that in my 20's I was drinking and going out a lot and got dehydrated. Dehydrated skin looses that glowing look.

It is very difficult to look younger. But you can look healthier.
jazzi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2015 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Aside the physiological and psychological stuff (nervous system and bones aren't fully developed at 25 and personality is still only forged at that age), I'd say it's quite an unrealistic goal.
It is theoretically possible to starve off further aging and possibly improve on current condition. But you have to take really good care of yourself and just using some vitamin C and Retin-A is not enough, it might give you nicer skin, but you'll still age visibly, those are no magic bullets.
It's a bit more complicated, like mixed workouts 5-10 hours a week, calisthenics, strength, flexibility and all that jazz, plus everyday stuff like not sitting for extended periods (2h is already too long during the day), walking everywhere, taking stairs, lots of fresh air, outdoorsy stuff. Clean eating, tons of complete protein (eggs), healthy fats (flax, hemp, grapeseed, walnut, whatever), fiber, complex carbs, veggies and greens with every meal, tons of water, but don't over-do it, flushes out electrolytes. No diets, no weird stuff (clenses, detox x_X) and if you think you need vitamins - get blood work done at a nutritionist and it will save you loads of money, because chances are you don't need anything. Avoid eating out, avoid anything that is fried, baked or otherwise mysterious like margarine, ice cream, candy is evil and will age you eventually. No smoking, just avoid it, 2nd and 3rd hand smoke is real. Alcohol is like simple carbs - not beneficial. Sleep a lot in a quiet and dark room. On your back if you can. If you are tired - nap. Destress and relax, every day, whatever flats your boat, read, dance, meditate, soak in a bath - stress can literally be seen on face and it ages. Skin stuff - use sunscreen every day, indoors, outdoors, use a lot of sunscreen, and use a good one. Reapply. Massage skin every day, Japanese, Korean and Russian techniques are the best, tons of youtube vids and books (Gankin, Tanaka etc.). Cleanse and hydrate skin every day (Chizu Saeki's method is great). And don't abuse skin, it doesn't like that, everything that turns your skin pink/red, has beads or anything with grains in it, anything that irritates or wants you to rub or stretch skin - it's evil and burn it. Also, take care of your hair and nails/hands, those give away age first, even at 25.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2015 2:23 am      Reply with quote
For 25 years skin with maintenance of retin and vit c serum, I don't even know or imagine what more advice I can provide. But, then, the effort on pursuing glowier skin is all our concern and I do understand. More sleep, water and exercise will add to the benefit.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2015 6:50 am      Reply with quote
Sorry but what utter nonsense – according to who? My understanding was that different massages do actually irritate the skin into become stronger – so you are even contradicting yourself here with the “don’t abuse” comment. As to anything that turns skin pink/red or has beads or grains in it is evil? Seriously I thought it was exfoliating and increasing the circulation.

jazzi wrote:
Massage skin every day, Japanese, Korean and Russian techniques are the best, tons of youtube vids and books (Gankin, Tanaka etc.). Cleanse and hydrate skin every day (Chizu Saeki's method is great). And don't abuse skin, it doesn't like that, everything that turns your skin pink/red, has beads or anything with grains in it, anything that irritates or wants you to rub or stretch skin - it's evil and burn it. Also, take care of your hair and nails/hands, those give away age first, even at 25.
jazzi
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2015 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Sorry but what utter nonsense – according to who? My understanding was that different massages do actually irritate the skin into become stronger – so you are even contradicting yourself here with the “don’t abuse” comment. As to anything that turns skin pink/red or has beads or grains in it is evil? Seriously I thought it was exfoliating and increasing the circulation.

jazzi wrote:
Massage skin every day, Japanese, Korean and Russian techniques are the best, tons of youtube vids and books (Gankin, Tanaka etc.). Cleanse and hydrate skin every day (Chizu Saeki's method is great). And don't abuse skin, it doesn't like that, everything that turns your skin pink/red, has beads or anything with grains in it, anything that irritates or wants you to rub or stretch skin - it's evil and burn it. Also, take care of your hair and nails/hands, those give away age first, even at 25.

TheresaMary wrote:

jazzi wrote:

There's little abuse since one is supposed to use massage cream/balm/oil and not just rub 'naked' skin, but stick to certain directions and avoid streching anything. Clinically all the effects and side effects of facial massage have been well documented and researched since the early 70s. I don't think I ever saw anything that pointed to damage. On the contrary.

Why *I think* eastern methods are better? Empirical visual evidence speaks for itself, I suppose. There's also a thread on EDS on at least one of them, goes to show how effective it can be and also what happens when it's performed wrong, one of the pitfalls taking anything one reads online without a grain of salt.

Physical exfoliators are very inefficient with too many negative effects. Possible benefits do not outweigh the negatives, like it is the case with acids/enzymes. And yes, of course it increases blood flow because skin is irritated, visually skin looks nice after rubbing it with something rough because it's mildly inflamed, it's brighter, pink, firmer, seemingly pores and fine lines get plumped up, but it's all classic clinical signs of inflammation. Is that something desirable nowadays? Then I suggest a cheaper alternative - rub skin with a towel, you might even get more "corneocyte shedding" that way. There is more research showing anti-aging benefits of acids, and even enzymes, than there is for physical exfoliators. I would be hard pressed to think of any research showing any benefit from a scrub, tbh. You happen to know of any? I just know for a fact most derms including mine don't recommend using physical exfoliators and they back it up by claiming those grains cause additional inflammation, microtears and scratches in skin, leaving skin potentially vulnerable to infections. That's why *I think* scrubs are best left in the past, along with arsenic whiteners, alcohol based astringents, Radium facials and mercury zit busters.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2015 5:29 am      Reply with quote
What clinical evidence are you speaking of here – as I don’t recall seeing any – but would gladly read it.

Interesting you say about Eastern methods being better but then forget that often times you can find many many recipes for eastern methods advocating grains etc in self made scrubs. Funny that.
jazzi wrote:
There's little abuse since one is supposed to use massage cream/balm/oil and not just rub 'naked' skin, but stick to certain directions and avoid streching anything. Clinically all the effects and side effects of facial massage have been well documented and researched since the early 70s. I don't think I ever saw anything that pointed to damage. On the contrary.

Why *I think* eastern methods are better? Empirical visual evidence speaks for itself, I suppose. There's also a thread on EDS on at least one of them, goes to show how effective it can be and also what happens when it's performed wrong, one of the pitfalls taking anything one reads online without a grain of salt.

Physical exfoliators are very inefficient with too many negative effects. Possible benefits do not outweigh the negatives, like it is the case with acids/enzymes. And yes, of course it increases blood flow because skin is irritated, visually skin looks nice after rubbing it with something rough because it's mildly inflamed, it's brighter, pink, firmer, seemingly pores and fine lines get plumped up, but it's all classic clinical signs of inflammation. Is that something desirable nowadays? Then I suggest a cheaper alternative - rub skin with a towel, you might even get more "corneocyte shedding" that way. There is more research showing anti-aging benefits of acids, and even enzymes, than there is for physical exfoliators. I would be hard pressed to think of any research showing any benefit from a scrub, tbh. You happen to know of any? I just know for a fact most derms including mine don't recommend using physical exfoliators and they back it up by claiming those grains cause additional inflammation, microtears and scratches in skin, leaving skin potentially vulnerable to infections. That's why *I think* scrubs are best left in the past, along with arsenic whiteners, alcohol based astringents, Radium facials and mercury zit busters.
jazzi
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2015 11:29 am      Reply with quote
1. According to some I'm posting "nonsense", so why I should be trusted with picking out sources? Peruse Pubmed/google scholar! It's not like I'm obliged to provide citations for anything or spoon-feed information to anyone.

2. I was and still am refering to eastern massage techinques (abovementioned) vs western massage. Does massage (abovementioned) have anything to do with scrubs? Recipes? No. I dared to hope that using seperate paragraphs would indicate where one topic ends and another starts...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 08, 2015 2:16 am      Reply with quote
1. You are posting complete nonsense. There is no proof behind anything you have said, yet you try to pretend that there is an when asked to prove it you are unable to do so – enough said.

2. Eastern massage vs western massage. Shows how limited your scope of information and opinion is to me. I was referring to your uneducated comment “Physical exfoliators are very inefficient with too many negative effects. Possible benefits do not outweigh the negatives”. Which is completely wrong. In many Japanese beauty routines (where a great deal is spent on massage) they using external scrubs during the massage process as part of the routine. In fact it starts with using an oil to prepare the skin, and then using grains (rice gran) as an exfoliant – and that’s been done for many hundreds of years. Guessing that didn't add up in your world.

Your attempt at trying to make out that your personal opinion is factually based is incorrect and obvious. Likewise your opinion (or statement) “Massage skin every day, Japanese, Korean and Russian techniques are the best” is incorrect. Yes these methods work for some faces but not all depending on what a persons goal is and where they are starting from, what they are dealing with etc. Plus the comment “anything with grains in it, anything that irritates or wants you to rub or stretch skin - it's evil and burn it” is just pure indicative of nothing but a scare tactic you are using to influence people away from doing scrubs. Even Chizu Saeki has some product recommendations for scrubs in her book (yes I know her book and use it!) so its just misinformation you are purporting to be factually based which is just crazy and nothing more than your personal opinion period!

Done with you and this information. If you are going to make such extreme statements as something is “evil and to burn it” then do not be surprised when you are asked to back it up lady!
ElizaR360

Sat May 09, 2015 3:13 am      Reply with quote
Follow these simple rules to look at any age

1.Exercise to keep a youthful body.
2.Drink plenty of water.
3.Eat healthy food
4.Wear sun screen to prevent premature aging.
Pandax12
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 09, 2015 8:20 am      Reply with quote
ElizaR360 wrote:
Follow these simple rules to look at any age

1.Exercise to keep a youthful body.
2.Drink plenty of water.
3.Eat healthy food
4.Wear sun screen to prevent premature aging.

It's more complex than that to me. Very Happy

1. Type and amount of exercise is very important. Over training can lead to over aging.
2. Make sure you filter your water or you will become a water filter yourself. Not a good thing.
3. Much of what many consider healthy eating is in fact pro-aging.
4.Type and amount of sunscreen used are critical when you want to reap all the benefits of sunscreen.
Joseph2204
5% products discount

Sat May 30, 2015 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
fabledbeauty wrote:
I'm 25 and really want to look younger. I use retin a and vitamin c serum but I still look like the mid twenties. I know it's probably unrealistic to get the beauty I had at 15 or 14 but I just want my skin to be dewier and glowier.

I am 24 and know exactly how you feel Laughing , my skincare regime is very complicated and I have waay too much knowledge about skincare since I been learning since 17 and these days I look in the mirror and can't believe I still look 18 at the age of 24 XD but all the tips just provided by other members are absolutely correct!

I give my biggest advice to look young at 25... your body weight is

#1... the slimmer you are , the better you can pull of looking 18 (looking 14/15 is waay to unrealistic)

#2 If you are a male , having thick hair with little to no male baldness helps a lot

#3 Eyelashes , eyelashes and eyelashes.. they may you look young at any age! , try all the eyelash serums out there (I use glycolic acid on mine , I know it sounds silly but it actually works) , try Rapidlash or whatever is out there , so make sure your eyelashes are thick

#4 Your facial contours... no I don't mean getting a contour palette out (a hype that existed in 2014) , I mean having those well defined eyes , high cheekbones , younger looking nose and defined jaw line which can be achieved through VERY effective skincare (I love Gantineau Age Benefit Cream combined with Dermalogica Power Rich Cream , young isn't the word!)

#5 Your height ... a lot of young people these days are quite tall (taller than I am anyway) so having a slim figure and being tall combined with stylish clothes goes a long way.

Bottom line... to look 16/17/18 is waaay more than skincare but the tips I provided should help Smile

P.S. Becoming a sunblock addict is a must!!
Sil55

Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
I've been researching lately about this subject, that is, what makes a face look young and what makes it look old, even without wrinkles at sight. I agree with what Joseph has written.

1) Weight: the slimmer you are, the younger you'll look... that is, except if you look like Tara Reid, she is so thin she actually looks old.

2) Hair: young looking people have thick hair, thick eyebrows, thick eyelashes. Bangs also make people look more fresh and young. Eyelashes are a must, but they have to look natural, not like bug legs.

3) Hair color: depending on personal features, blond hair can make you look years younger, especially if it is not bleached blond, but a caramel with highlights. Anything that yells fake or dyed, adds years (think christina aguilera).

4) I already mentioned eyebrows, but they are So important, and so overlooked! Thin eyebrows can add decades, and make your face look dull.

5) Lips: they should be plump, not overly done, just plump, and with a healthy rosy color.

6) Make up can actually age someone, especially black eyeliner in the lower eyelid. Stay away from harsh lines in make up. The key is to have impecable skin, and use little makeup, only to add color to the face, not to look like a clown.

7) A balanced nose can help with face symmetry.

Cool Exfoliate with acids to have bright skin. Work to fade pigmented marks and discolorations.

9) USE SUNBLOCK. USE SUNBLOCK. USE SUNBLOCK.

I can think of a couple more, but I gotta run now. Good luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
The key factor to maintain youth is almost exclusively found in what you put into your body, through the food and water that you consume, as well as the quality of air breathed.

If you really want to stay young, investigate living a holistic lifestyle and eating foods without chemicals and pesticides, go to your local farmers market and buy organic food. Filter your water or buy high quality spring water and add extra naturally sourced electrolytes.

I know a think or two, being in my early 40's, no work done and my skin is extremely young look, including my body. I look at fit younger girls and my body, neck and face is actually pretty similar.

This shows clearly that having lived a very healthy almost all organic, balanced lifestyle of doing yoga, hiking, and enjoying my life I am much younger than other woman my age. I do have some grey hair, yet my husband of 43 years old has none!

I have seen beautiful woman, who just eat a normal diet get to this age and pay a LOT of money for work to be done to stay young looking, its pretty sad to witness!!

Also, your mental and emotional attitude is HUGE, if you are content and happy; life is so much more beautiful, making you so much beautiful too!
Emiliaj

Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:41 am      Reply with quote
You can try anti-aging treatment methods for getting younger looking skin. Once my friend got this treatment from nearby cosmetic service center (Beauti-med, BC)and the result was amazing. Drinking red wine will also give you a glowing skin.
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:46 am      Reply with quote
In addition, strong products like Vitmain C serum and other such more medical-skin care products work wonders. I have been also using such products for at least 10 years. Although, as I mentioned before, aging is has a lot more to do with your health and genetics than what you put on your face. I worked in the beauty industry for awhile, at a very old established and exclusive spa. I saw people spend a lot of money on Valmont and other such products around the same price, yet they did not look younger. Yes, good products definitely do make a HUGE difference, yet you also need to look further than your face; drink enough water, avoid a ton of processed foods, saturated fats, etc.
girltwocb
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
Can I just say, that after many years of doing antiaging facials and specializing microcurrent facial toning, I really loathe retin A. So many clients I've seen on it look, well, just bad. Back in the day, there was nothing else. But now there are so many products that make the skin look beautiful. Retinoids can give the skin a dullish look and promote inflammation. Are you an acne sufferer? If not I'd try a kinder form of vitamin A, or a retinol in any of the gentler formulations now available.

Just my two cents.

Licensed Esthetician 19+ years - Specializing in microcurrent facial toning, NeoGenesis Skincare, Jade Microcurrent (Pro Use), Clareblend Mini (Home use) https://ChristineByer.com • www.youtube.com/user/christinebyer/videos
supermacyb
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
fabledbeauty wrote:

then you will be look like 15yrs old. haha.

i think 25 is a great age.
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
I certainly didn't want to attract silly boys when I was in my mid-twenties, let alone the kind of older man who wants to go out with a teenage girl!

And I was into my career and wanted to be treated like a sensible, well-educated 20 something, not a child.
mariejj
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:48 am      Reply with quote
It is what woman like to have.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:47 am      Reply with quote
I suppose it really depends on what you mean by "10 years younger". Not all women want that. I am in my 60's and don't want to look 10 years younger but want to be fit, healthy and mobile. When I think back to my 50's I was forever depressed comparing myself to others.
mariejj wrote:
It is what woman like to have.
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
That's a good attitude, TM. I just turned 50 and am still upset about every wrinkle and sag. I hope I mature mentally into your better way of thinking. Any advice? Did it just happen or did you consciously do something to change your way of thinking?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:46 am      Reply with quote
I think it was just life in general dealt me a few hard knocks and things fell into a different perspective for me. My hubby getting diagnosed with cancer was a major one, and then my eldest son was also quite ill – and that was in my later 50’s and when that kind of turmoil hits you – it really puts things into perspective as to what is important and what is not. Yet if you had told me at 50 when I lost the weight – I would be that way in 10 years time I would have called you crazy. In my early 50’s I was obsessed. There isn’t a better word for it because it was just that. Obsession. Also a lot of my friends were the same age and thinking exactly the same too. I think society as a whole bombards you with things at both 50 and 60. The sad truth is that at 50 it seems important and then at 60 you realise its all BS. I know looking back in hindsight if I had my 50’s again I wouldn’t chose to do half the things I had obsessed about again, because it was just such a waste of energy. Yet I know at the time it felt like a matter of life and death.
Needl wrote:
That's a good attitude, TM. I just turned 50 and am still upset about every wrinkle and sag. I hope I mature mentally into your better way of thinking. Any advice? Did it just happen or did you consciously do something to change your way of thinking?
System
Automatic Message
Wed May 01, 2024 12:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |