Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sqoom Fyola, and Nuface
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
nashams

Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Dear all,

I have been an avid reader of this forum lately and I really like it here. BTW I have been trying to post a topic here and could not, it wouldn’t get posted. I am looking for suggestion from the knowledgeable members about Sqoom, Fyola and Nuface device.
I want to buy the Fyola and there was thread on this topic during 2011. I really would like to know if those members are still using the Sqoom or Fyola and would they recommend it.
Regarding Nuface is it ok to use both Fyola/Sqoom and Nuface together. Maybe on alternative days.
I will be waiting for your suggestions. Please help me.
thank you
nadia
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I have the older version of the Nuface and older version of the Fyola and love them. I will warn anyone looking at the new version of the Fyola, called Fyola-lite...that new one is terrible. I love my nuface and use it for about 2minutes daily and also used the old version of the Fyola for about two minutes. My fyola charger broke so I ordered a cheap ebay ultrasound/ultrasounic that works the same way. I have done this combo for a over a year and my face never looked better. I also do a professional microcurrent treatment once a month. for me it is not too much.
I recently got the Pico Toner microcurrent gloves and I sometimes use them in place of the Nuface.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Toby and all,

Could you describe the differences between the expensive versus inexpensive devices? My understanding of micro current is that it puts out very small units of electric current.

If the device puts out the low current and it is used correctly, what more does the expensive model do?

Can you feel or see the difference in results?

Can the PICO be used the same amount of time as the Beautiful Image?

Thank you!
nashams

Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Toby, that actually helps a lot in deciding specially about Fyola, I have checked the new Fyola and it absolutely awful atleast in terms of look. The old one look so sophisticated and very similar to Sqoom. I have found a website where they are selling the old Fyola I think, atleast they have the Picture For The Old One.
Nadia
nashams

Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Dear Toby,

I have a question for you; since you are using the Nuface for a sometime you might be able to answer me. After two pregnancies my ab skin has become quite loose, I I became really big during both my pregnancies. Do you think if I use the Nuface on my ab it will tighten my musles and skin?
And a second question did you ever talk to a doctor regarding using the nuface? I follow a blog named futurederm quite informative and the blogar is a med school graduate. She mentioned that regular use of micro-current device will raise the risk of hyperthyroid. Do you have any idea about it?
Thanks

Nadia
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:31 am      Reply with quote
nashams wrote:
Thank you Toby, that actually helps a lot in deciding specially about Fyola, I have checked the new Fyola and it absolutely awful atleast in terms of look. The old one look so sophisticated and very similar to Sqoom. I have found a website where they are selling the old Fyola I think, atleast they have the Picture For The Old One.
Nadia

The old Fyola has the identical body to the SQOOM and interestly the old Fyola disappeared over night when the SQOOM came out! Rolling Eyes If you have a link to the a website selling the old Fyola please post it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:08 am      Reply with quote
nashams wrote:
Dear Toby,

I have a question for you; since you are using the Nuface for a sometime you might be able to answer me. After two pregnancies my ab skin has become quite loose, I I became really big during both my pregnancies. Do you think if I use the Nuface on my ab it will tighten my musles and skin?
And a second question did you ever talk to a doctor regarding using the nuface? I follow a blog named futurederm quite informative and the blogar is a med school graduate. She mentioned that regular use of micro-current device will raise the risk of hyperthyroid. Do you have any idea about it?
Thanks

Nadia

nashams wrote:
Dear Toby,

Thanks

Nadia

I really don't know about Nuface on the body, I haven't really given it a try. I am sure it could tighten but many of the microcurrents devices that are used on the body ramp the microcurrent up almost double from what is used on the face when you are doing the body. The Nuface only goes to 400microamps and units for the body seem to double that. My beautiful Image uses 800microamps on the body.
Microcurrent has been used for a long time in Europe with facial treatments as well as for the body and there should be plenty of studies out there on it. I think with anything there will be individuals sensitive to anything. I would think the key to daily use of microcurrent would be making sure you are using something in the lower microamp range. Some units are designed for every 72 hours, others can be used daily. I do have a friend that is a medical doctor that has done microcurrent treatments for 20 years, he has his own machine and looks very young for his age, he is 65. I don't know if it is daily use or not.Most devices are not advised to be used over the thyroid because some individuals could be sensitive to it.

Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Toby
Very sorry for this late reply. Got caught up in work. Anyway I have found a online store who seems like selling the old Fyola. Atleast that’s the image they have on their website. I tried to contact them via phone and email but they did not answer my question about the product. So I am not sure if it is a brand new product or the old Fyola. Its not letting me post the link here so google Chic winds. its a store at Gastown Vancouver, V6B 5C6. You will find the Fyola under the special gift section.

Meanwhile I was researching Sqoom and Fyola and found out that they have the exact same thing in Thailand called Kunar Age and it costs as much as Sqoom.
I have ordered a Korean version which is identical to Sqoom but cost almost one third from ebay. Its called Marbe. Right now I am waiting for the product.

In last few days I have done a lot of research and getting more and more surprised that how come identical products are being sold in different countries under different name and for a different price tag.

I don’t know how the Marbe would be, I keeping my fingers crossed. I will post update when I get it.
Thanks.
Nadia
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Is this it?What did you pay for yours?

http://www.amazon.com/Merbe-Ultrasonic-Galvanic-Massager-Shipping/dp/B00AYR3D94

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Here's another look-a-like...

http://www.chiisland.com/ultrasound_beauty/ultrasonic_fyola.shtml
orchid01

Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
Can anyone tell me the difference between the cheaper $60 ultrasonic/galvanic ion devices on ebay like this one 181042923268 compared to the Merbe, Fyola and Sqoom?. The ebay one is 3 MH - is this better or worse than the 1 MH Sqoom, Merbe etc? I am just so confused!
nashams

Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:23 am      Reply with quote
Dear All,
Really sorry for this very late reply, I had bad few weeks at work. However I am here with great news. I got my Merbe from Korea about two weeks ago. The product was perfectly packed and looked absolutely new and intact. There is no difference between the Merbe and Sqoom ( atleast the picture of Sqoom I saw online) except the price. It did not come with any gel or a facial product. The shipping took about 12 days from placing my order to get my hands on it. There is only one problem, the instruction is in Korean and I couldn't read anything, so I downloaded the Sqoom user guide and using it ever since. The Sqoom, I think says 20 minutes of use every day at a time but I have been using it for little more than two weeks twice daily for about 10 minutes each time.

Now the most important thing, my skin looks better than ever before. I use it with every product I put on my face and Décolleté area. I did not have any wrinkle or dark spot, there was a little uneven skin tone problem but after I started using this my skin simple looks younger. Today I was asked that if I am 28 years old and when the lady heard I am 36 she just was surprised ( and I was really happy). Anyway I have ordered some other stuff as well such as Evian Facial Spray because otherwise all the products dry up really fast and then it becomes very difficult to glide it on my face. Bottom line it was worth every penny.
Thanks.

Nadia
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered the Merbe from Korea. I have been looking at the Sqoom forever but didn't want to spend the money. The Merbe was $259 off ebay so I thought it was worth a try. I'll let you know what I think about it when I get it.

Does anyone have a link for the Sqoom gels? Do you still have to order them from Europe? This was the only link i could find.

http://www.sqoom.de/onlineshop/en/SQOOM-antiAge-Gels/

I think some people were using gels from Ramkins or something like that. If anyone has some information on gels that are a little cheaper I would be interested. Thanks

ETA: PQ or Toby, Can I use the gels that came with my Beautiful Image machine?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
I just ordered the Merbe from Korea. I have been looking at the Sqoom forever but didn't want to spend the money. The Merbe was $259 off ebay so I thought it was worth a try. I'll let you know what I think about it when I get it.

Does anyone have a link for the Sqoom gels? Do you still have to order them from Europe? This was the only link i could find.

I think some people were using gels from Rankine's or something like that. If anyone has some information on gels that are a little cheaper I would be interested. Thanks

I loved the gels that Rankine used to and was so disappointed when they discontinued them. I use aloe and water but I am sure the Beautiful Image gels would work too....hadn't thought to try them.
The SQOOM,Merbe, and the "old Fyola" appear to all be the very same machine. Exact same body and directions. I wouldn't think you would need to buy expensive serums, I am sure they are nice and make the skin look good but the real work of the machine is the ultasound/ultrasonic process which should be firming the skin just by it's action on the skin.

For those that want to start with an even less expensive device the ebay ultrasound/ultrasonic are producing nicely for my friends that I do beautiful image treatments on. I had them each get an unit and use it daily. It makes the skin glow and look polished and I think they paid no more than 31.00 for them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
CookieD wrote:

I think some people were using gels from Rankine's or something like that. If anyone has some information on gels that are a little cheaper I would be interested. Thanks

I loved the gels that Rankine used to and was so disappointed when they discontinued them. I use aloe and water but I am sure the Beautiful Image gels would work too....hadn't thought to try them.
The SQOOM,Merbe, and the "old Fyola" appear to all be the very same machine. Exact same body and directions. I wouldn't think you would need to buy expensive serums, I am sure they are nice and make the skin look good but the real work of the machine is the ultasound/ultrasonic process which should be firming the skin just by it's action on the skin.

For those that want to start with an even less expensive device the ebay ultrasound/ultrasonic are producing nicely for my friends that I do beautiful image treatments on. I had them each get an unit and use it daily. It makes the skin glow and look polished and I think they paid no more than 31.00 for them.

Thanks Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:10 am      Reply with quote
Toby-
Looking for an inexpensive one. Which one do you recommend on ebay?
Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:37 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Toby-
Looking for an inexpensive one. Which one do you recommend on ebay?
Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-1Mhz-Facial-Body-Ultrasound-Ultrasonic-BH-Beauty-Massager-Pain-Therapy-3y-/190801480538?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c6ca78b5a#ht_6520wt_1018

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 08, 2013 3:22 am      Reply with quote
Cookie, did you get the Merbe? How is it?! Intrigued!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 08, 2013 4:43 am      Reply with quote
Toby are you still using ultrasound for 2 minutes daily?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 08, 2013 9:13 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Cookie, did you get the Merbe? How is it?! Intrigued!

Hi Catski, I did get the Merbe and I like it. The main thing it has helped with is my under eye bag. It gets rid of the fluid in it on the first use. It does come back in a day or two but nothing else has done as good of job as this has. I do Tanka massage everyday and have used both the Vaculifter and Safetox but nothing has helped that fluid area like Merbe. For that reason alone I am glad I got it.

It also leaves a nice glow or freshness to my skin after use. I don't think I have noticed any reduction in fine lines or wrinkles yet. I have noticed that I can feel my jawline bone more. I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing. I am keeping a close eye on that because this is a 1MHz machine so I am concerned about the whole 1MHz being too strong for the face.

I am using it for 4 min. on my face 2 or 3 times a week in the wrinkle program. I haven't used any of the other programs. (cleaning, whiting etc.) partially because I don't understand what they do and partially because of my concerns about the 1MHz thing. I having been using it with Fawnies ultrasound gel. I didn't buy any of the Sqoom gels and can see that that would get expensive really quick.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 08, 2013 11:15 am      Reply with quote
I am interested in one of the Fyola/Sqoom knockoffs as well. (even tho I already have a 3 & a 1Mhz US device! I am curious re the combo of galvanic & US & like the fact that it is cordless)

This article (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC522144/) suggests that in fact the 3Mhz penetrates more deeply than the 1mhz & I personally can attest to the fact that the 3Mhz definitely heats much more & I do not like this. I have been using the 1Mhz on my face. (with good results altho time is an issue esp now with my love of the Pico! Shock )

Love to hear you are getting good results with undereye bag/s Cookie! These are definitely an issue for me!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 08, 2013 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Cookie, for the update. Great that something sorts out the under eye situation! Is that basically lymphatic drainage?
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 08, 2013 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Catski- I think it is lymph drainage but I don't understand really how it can be so much better then manual drainage I do either with the Vaculifter or Tanka massage. I've been doing both of those for long periods of time and never got the results that I got ultrasound.

Cabrita-Thanks for posting that study. I have read that before and it was one of the reasons I hesitated buying a ultrasound device. The last sentence is the one that bothers me the most. I assume the ultrasound device they used was a medical grade device and it still had quite a disparity between the frequencies. I have to wonder if the frequencies on the devices that people buy from China or Korea in my case are properly calibrated and if there not what kind of problems can that cause.

Unfortunately, our 1-MHz heating results were not what we expected. Based on other studies,13,27 the heating rate of 1-MHz ultrasound should be 3 times slower than that for 3 MHz, because it is absorbed 3 times more slowly. For example, when using the Omnisound 3000 (Accelerated Care Plus, Reno, NV), Draper et al13 found that 3-MHz ultrasound at 1.5 W/ cm2 heated at a rate of 0.9°C/min and 1-MHz ultrasound heated at a rate of 0.3°C/min.13,28–30 These findings make perfect sense because the crystal is deforming 3 times faster; thus, the energy should be absorbed 3 times faster. Yet, if we compare our data using the Theratouch 7.7, we see that 3-MHz ultrasound heated at a rate of 1.19°C/min (close to, yet faster than, the Draper et al13 3-MHz data), whereas 1-MHz ultrasound heated at a rate of only 0.13°C/min (much slower than the Draper et al13 1-MHz data). This finding is more than 10 times lower and slower than our 3-MHz data. In retrospect, we believe that our ultrasound equipment failed to work optimally during the 1-MHz treatment; therefore, we had to alter our intended analysis regarding which frequency was optimal for heating tissue at 2.5 cm. We understand there is a difference in the quality of ultrasound machines; however, one machine should not produce so much disparity between 2 frequencies.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 08, 2013 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Catski- I think it is lymph drainage but I don't understand really how it can be so much better then manual drainage I do either with the Vaculifter or Tanka massage. I've been doing both of those for long periods of time and never got the results that I got ultrasound.

Cabrita-Thanks for posting that study. I have read that before and it was one of the reasons I hesitated buying a ultrasound device. The last sentence is the one that bothers me the most. I assume the ultrasound device they used was a medical grade device and it still had quite a disparity between the frequencies. I have to wonder if the frequencies on the devices that people buy from China or Korea in my case are properly calibrated and if there not what kind of problems can that cause.

Unfortunately, our 1-MHz heating results were not what we expected. Based on other studies,13,27 the heating rate of 1-MHz ultrasound should be 3 times slower than that for 3 MHz, because it is absorbed 3 times more slowly. For example, when using the Omnisound 3000 (Accelerated Care Plus, Reno, NV), Draper et al13 found that 3-MHz ultrasound at 1.5 W/ cm2 heated at a rate of 0.9°C/min and 1-MHz ultrasound heated at a rate of 0.3°C/min.13,28–30 These findings make perfect sense because the crystal is deforming 3 times faster; thus, the energy should be absorbed 3 times faster. Yet, if we compare our data using the Theratouch 7.7, we see that 3-MHz ultrasound heated at a rate of 1.19°C/min (close to, yet faster than, the Draper et al13 3-MHz data), whereas 1-MHz ultrasound heated at a rate of only 0.13°C/min (much slower than the Draper et al13 1-MHz data). This finding is more than 10 times lower and slower than our 3-MHz data. In retrospect, we believe that our ultrasound equipment failed to work optimally during the 1-MHz treatment; therefore, we had to alter our intended analysis regarding which frequency was optimal for heating tissue at 2.5 cm. We understand there is a difference in the quality of ultrasound machines; however, one machine should not produce so much disparity between 2 frequencies.

I don't know much about lymphatic drainage, do your under eye fluids just get reabsorbed into your skin after your ultrasound (Marle or Merle?)application? Are your under eyes just puffy sometimes -- is that the fluid you refer to? Geez, reading about that disparity would have me concerned too even if the device you have is so effective. I am glad its working for you though
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 08, 2013 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Kath91 wrote:

I don't know much about lymphatic drainage, do your under eye fluids just get reabsorbed into your skin after your ultrasound (Marle or Merle?)application? Are your under eyes just puffy sometimes -- is that the fluid you refer to? Geez, reading about that disparity would have me concerned too even if the device you have is so effective. I am glad its working for you though

Hi Kath- Yes the fluid I'm talking about is the kind that makes your eyes puffy. I assume the lymph goes back into the lymphatic system which is part of the circulatory system. The reason it gets backed up is unlike the artery system that has the heart, the lymph system doesn't have a pump to help circulate fluid. That's why people do Tanka massage to help move the fluid by using their hands like they were a pump. Unfortunately I didn't have a lot of luck with that for whatever reason.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |