Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Hylexin for dark circles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
juls_sal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:48 am      Reply with quote
i figured it was too good to be true so maybe i'll just stick to teamine for now. can't go wrong with $68 CAD.

i only wish i could see immediate results.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:38 am      Reply with quote
I didn't want to say anything, and be accusatory or rude, but I also found it starnge that there were so many new members who joined, and their only posts were to rave about Hylexin. Maybe it's a coincidence, but I just found it odd.
appyone
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Yah, I think it is weird too...why aren't we hearing from Tootsie anymore? I BOUGHT Hylexin and have been using it for 5 days...NOTHING-ZILCH, SQUAT!!! Good thing they have a gurantee (I wonder how difficult that'll be???)
Guess live and learn Liar
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Awe...I'm sorry appyone Sad I feel bad that you got taken. Hopefully they will refund your money. If not, can you report it to your credit card? Maybe they can get the charge removed for you if Hylexin doesn't give you the refund.
Judging from the ingredients, I had a bad feeling that this stuff wouldn't do much for dark circles. Sad
appyone
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks...like I say live and learn. Meanwhile I am waiting on another eye product's delivery (Korres Eyebright) anyone big on that?
frigger

Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Looks like i got taken too, any luck with the refund appyone? All my emails to them bounce back and when I phone I just get the machine Sad
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Okay - now I DO understand that this is a wee bit off topic buttttt....

I am offering a special discount on owner shares for the Brooklyn Bridge to all hylexin users. This is a limited time offer. Soon you will only be able to purchase these shares at Bulgari's Jewelers and I understand their wait list is growing... Call now! If I don't answer, not to worry, just leave your credit card number Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
appyone
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi:
No luck yet...I too tried the e-mails hmm to no avail. I'll try the phone. When I get my $95 back I'd love to invest in that NY shore front property Laughing Sorry for all of you who fell for it, boy it irks me that employees of the co would be so low as to advertise this way.
frigger

Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:07 am      Reply with quote
We should spread the word as much as possible so others will avoid this scam.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Smacking mahself for being such a smartass, but I couldn't resist!! I do feel badly that people took the people posting at face value. We may not all agree on what the "best" product is, and what works for one person doesn't always work for everyone, but that kind of dishonesty really is unforgiveable.
appyone
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
yep,
I agree we should make sure that whatever these guys made off of "us" is all they'll make form this kind of advertising!!! Agian I will continue to do WHATEVER it takes to get the promised refund but dishonesty like this isn't fair Exclamation Thanks all...guess we need to watch our backs even at this really great feedback forum- Crying or Very sad
westcoastbc

Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Awww, I am so disappointed to hear the news from some of you that it isn't working. Sad

They had told me over the phone when I placed the order that it was money back guarantee, so hopefully you folks that it hasn't helped will get your money back.

I haven't received mine yet and when I do I suppose I will still give it a try.

I sure would like to hear more updates from the people who did say they have had success after a few days.

For those of you trying to get your money back, please keep the rest of us posted on any success.

Thanks!!
celeste
5% products discount

Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
hey guys,
i have been reading the hylexin conversation posted here for couple days and i decided to register and share what i have.

i got hylexin a week and a half ago. theres no changes at all. when TOOTSIE said it was working, i got so excited. (cos she said has a DRAMATIC change) but now i m just worried. cos nothing has changed at all. my email also got bounced back when i email them BUT when i called them they DID pick up. (i called 3 times) i said, its not working they told me it should take up to 2 weeks and its safe. i dont know... now i m just kinda scared cos it sounded sketchy. i dont know if its gona make my circle worse... Sad
I was on google and found out now they sell it on bloomingdales.com,
http://www.bloomingdales.com/catalog/index.ognc?CategoryID=1448&PageID=1448*1*12*-1*-1&bhcp=1
the number i called was 18006219553
WHAT SHOULD I DO???
misskoslow
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
So I really thought I saw this product the other day at Macy's (Tyson's Corner, VA). However, maybe my eyes are going blurry (I'm at the tail end of writting my graduate thesis so you never know with me) but I feel like it was that product. Maybe call and see if its there.

In looking at the product's website I must say that it looks a little "sketchy." My advice...buyer beware.

Now, about Teamine. The interesting thing about it (and about NeutralEyes...which is made by the same company that co-owned Teamine at one time) and NeutralEyes is that they have some ingredient that is supposed to REFLECT so that it looks like the dark circles have gone down. Basically, Neutraleyes is a reformulated version of teamine. I have a tub of NeutralEyes right now and it does nada for me...

oh well.
Sad
juls_sal wrote:
sorry to get off topic

has anyone with tan skin had success with teamine (dark circles)
westcoastbc

Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi celeste,
The number I was given for customer service is 1-800-898-5153. You might want to try this # to get your money back. Please let us know if they are returning your money, and for that matter anyone else who is trying to.

I too am wondering why tootsie hasn't posted anymore about her success of this product. Neutral

celeste wrote:
hey guys,
i have been reading the hylexin conversation posted here for couple days and i decided to register and share what i have.

i got hylexin a week and a half ago. theres no changes at all. when TOOTSIE said it was working, i got so excited. (cos she said has a DRAMATIC change) but now i m just worried. cos nothing has changed at all. my email also got bounced back when i email them BUT when i called them they DID pick up. (i called 3 times) i said, its not working they told me it should take up to 2 weeks and its safe. i dont know... now i m just kinda scared cos it sounded sketchy. i dont know if its gona make my circle worse... Sad
I was on google and found out now they sell it on bloomingdales.com,
http://www.bloomingdales.com/catalog/index.ognc?CategoryID=1448&PageID=1448*1*12*-1*-1&bhcp=1
the number i called was 18006219553
WHAT SHOULD I DO???
celeste
5% products discount

Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
thank you (westcoastbc)
i m still giving it a try u know.. thinking, it might just gona have to take a few more days. i m gona give it one more week if it still doesnt work then i will call them. thank you Wink

any good product that reduces dark circles???
has anyone called them and got their money back???
sky4961
5% products discount

Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
celeste wrote:
thank you (westcoastbc)
i m still giving it a try u know.. thinking, it might just gona have to take a few more days. i m gona give it one more week if it still doesnt work then i will call them. thank you Wink

any good product that reduces dark circles???
has anyone called them and got their money back???

The hylexin ad got me real excited but then I found this forum and figured I'd wait and see what others thought because it seemed to sketchy for $95...in th mean time I read other threads on the board and many were raving about Peter Thomas Roth K eye rescue so I ordered it for in the mean time and I really like it!! it's been a week and a half and I can already tell a slight difference (my circles are REAL dark lol). I can't say if it's worth the $100 because it's the only product I've used but so far so good!!
Please keep us posted on the hylexin!!
Mabsy

Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:47 am      Reply with quote
I don't think this the product itself is necessarily a scam, but it might have been unfairly represented (might have, I'm not sure here).

I'm glad that you're seeing results with the PTR eye cream sky4961, that cream helped me lots when I was battling dark cirles as well.
appyone
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi:
Celeste, if the company said to keep at it maybe I'll try it for another week before I return it. I do agree they over-inflated the miracles of Hylexin (thank-you Tootsie) but perhaps giving it time will show better results. I've been using almost a week and I don't see any adverse reaction and my skin is REALLY sensitive.
Appyone
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:18 am      Reply with quote
I have no idea if the product itself is any good. HOWEVER, when all of a sudden we have a bunch of brand new people who post about nothing but one product, I just don't find it credible. Additionally, there isn't a product on the planet that works the second you put it on. When a product is hyped with a claim like that, my bs detector starts beeping wildly. Yes, there are topical products that do improve the appearance of the skin immediately, but that is a far cry from solving the problem in any lasting way....

I also wanted to comment on misskosolow's comments on teamine. I've been using the teamine for about 7 weeks and I'm really delighted with the overall results. I had considered the PTR product, but the simple truth is that I've just don't care for that product line. I found the masks to be a little on the harsh side (and I don't have sensitive skin) and I also think that the products are overpriced (and this is from someone who has no qualms about blowing a bundle Smile ).

It certainly is possible that there is an ingredient in the teamine that is meant to reflect light, hence alleviating the appearance of dark circles. I know neutrogena's products have that as do many higher priced lines. However, that shouldn't be taken to undermine the curative aspect of the product. I don't just see the results AFTER I've applied the teamine. I can see the difference quite clearly when my face is completely clean, i.e. before I've applied any products at all.... I'm not sure that misskoslow was implying otherwise, but I did want to add my two cents...
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
OK. Here is a gift to all you dark circled eyed gals out there. You asked for something to get rid of dark circles - here is a homemade Circle Buster recipe.
Go to your grocery store. Buy a box of regular, old fashioned unflavored gelatin (Knox, for example)
Take a small cup or bowl and put in 1/4 teaspoon of the gelatin mix. Add one Tablespoon of boiling water & stir for a minute.
Test it on your wrist to make sure it is not too hot. Then, using a cotton ball, pat it under your eyes as you would an eye cream or gel.
Go lie down and listen to some music, or take a bath & let it stay on for at least 30 minutes. Then just rinse it off.

I worked in a day spa & this was our "Circle Buster" Treatment. Gelatin is very high in Vitamin K & Biotin. It will not remove your circles on the first application (but you will notice a difference), but if you do it daily for a week, and then 2-3 times a week for maintenance, you should notice a drastic reduction in dark circles.

The day spa where I worked charged $60 for this treatment (but they put rose petals on your eyelids), and it wasn't until after I quit, that I found out what was in those little white packets!
There you go.....enjoy!
Wink

**updated by Mabsy on 7/7/07 to correct ingredient amount.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
I REALLY like sliced bananas in my jello....Do ya think that's okay??? Very Happy
misskoslow
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
hi hi katee!

It's alright with me if you put banana's in your jello!

Now for Teamine:

I guess it's just that I haven't had much success with it. Like I am saying, I'm using NeutralEyes and maybe that's my problem. NeutralEye's is a reformulation of Teamine so maybe the company took out the curative aspect that it found in yours. I'm looking at the ingredients now and they are quite different.

I guess in NeutralEyes I just am not seeing the results that you are. I do have some darkness under my eyes and when I put the cream on I see a change --- but no change at all when my face is pat dry clean. I've been using it now for 2 months and I see nothing different.
I know that dark circles do not disapear over night. My mother's still a practicing Derm and I test all the products she has because I love skin care. This one just hasn't worked for me and I thought I should mention the reflective effect (I just found out about the reflective light effect...seems like people already knew about it!)

Sorry to 100% compare it to teamine!

katee wrote:
I have no idea if the product itself is any good. HOWEVER, when all of a sudden we have a bunch of brand new people who post about nothing but one product, I just don't find it credible. Additionally, there isn't a product on the planet that works the second you put it on. When a product is hyped with a claim like that, my bs detector starts beeping wildly. Yes, there are topical products that do improve the appearance of the skin immediately, but that is a far cry from solving the problem in any lasting way....

I also wanted to comment on misskosolow's comments on teamine. I've been using the teamine for about 7 weeks and I'm really delighted with the overall results. I had considered the PTR product, but the simple truth is that I've just don't care for that product line. I found the masks to be a little on the harsh side (and I don't have sensitive skin) and I also think that the products are overpriced (and this is from someone who has no qualms about blowing a bundle Smile ).

It certainly is possible that there is an ingredient in the teamine that is meant to reflect light, hence alleviating the appearance of dark circles. I know neutrogena's products have that as do many higher priced lines. However, that shouldn't be taken to undermine the curative aspect of the product. I don't just see the results AFTER I've applied the teamine. I can see the difference quite clearly when my face is completely clean, i.e. before I've applied any products at all.... I'm not sure that misskoslow was implying otherwise, but I did want to add my two cents...
sky4961
5% products discount

Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka wrote:
OK. Here is a gift to all you dark circled eyed gals out there. You asked for something to get rid of dark circles - here is a homemade Circle Buster recipe.
Go to your grocery store. Buy a box of regular, old fashioned unflavored gelatin (Knox, for example)
Take a small cup or bowl and put in 1 teaspoon of the gelatin mix. Add one Tablespoon of boiling water & stir for a minute.
Test it on your wrist to make sure it is not too hot. Then, using a cotton ball, pat it under your eyes as you would an eye cream or gel.
Go lie down and listen to some music, or take a bath & let it stay on for at least 30 minutes. Then just rinse it off.

I worked in a day spa & this was our "Circle Buster" Treatment. Gelatin is very high in Vitamin K & Biotin. It will not remove your circles on the first application (but you will notice a difference), but if you do it daily for a week, and then 2-3 times a week for maintenance, you should notice a drastic reduction in dark circles.

The day spa where I worked charged $60 for this treatment (but they put rose petals on your eyelids), and it wasn't until after I quit, that I found out what was in those little white packets!
There you go.....enjoy!
Wink

oh wow!! Definately going to give that a try!! thanks!
celeste
5% products discount

Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
hi pbsadhaka,
for the recipe u posted, is it okay i do it during day time? or does it have to be applied at night, after i wash my face and all that?
thank you!!!

celeste
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |