Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Microcurrent Device for face during and after weight loss?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:28 am      Reply with quote
I am now in my late 30’s and while I don’t think I have much major facial sagging going on just yet I am overweight and have a fairly fat face especially my cheeks. This excess fat sort of stretches the skin a bit and while there are no wrinkles or folds it does sort of distort the shape of my pores , the skin feels firm and thick but just looks a bit flabby, which it is.
I am trying to slim down a bit before I hit 40 and am worried about how weight loss will affect my face as while not perfect at the moment it is still somewhat youthful. If my skin is stretched out by years of being fat then if I lose 50lbs some of that coming from my face then perhaps I will be left with sagging and wrinkles and a worse skin texture. Is there some device or strategy that anyone could recommend which would help my skin tighten up along with my weight loss?
I already own a fair few devices which might help:

PMD Pro
Dermawand
L(A)B Galvanic (a kind of Galvanic cleanser and infuser device sold in the UK)
Baby Quasar Plus
Newa Radio Fractional Device
Tria Age Defying Laser
Dermal Needling Kit

I do have an old Sleek Cheeks which again was sold here in the UK by a now defunct company. I am really not sure what sort of current this uses it is advertised as a Facial Toner to exercise face and neck muscles. I have only used it a couple of times as it appears to irritate the nerves in my back teeth. I never used it often enough to notice a result from it. The dermawand is also supposed to provide an uplift effect but I personally never noticed this the only thing the dermawand helped me with was in preventing acne.

I have been looking at other facial microcurrent devices such as the Slendertone Face or the NuFace Trinity as well as some machines on ebay. I am very confused as I understand they all do different things for example the NuFace is true microcurrent device that works by increasing ATP which in turn rejuvenates the skin and tissue which sounds good but isn’t this also what the Baby Quasar does but just in a different way? The Slendertone face uses EMS which actually contracts the underlying muscles to build them up and uplifit the face, does this also provide other benefits or is it just a facial exerciser and if so is it superior to manual facial exercise and massage? I am just very confused as to what I need none or maybe even both?
I have also considered a facial ultrasound device to push my topicals in deeper but perhaps this is not that different to the galvanic device I have that uses sonophoresis would be fine.

Any advice on this would be great!
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |