Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Retin a at 24? Too Young?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jester91

Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hello! I'm so happy I was able to find a forum like this where I can get advice from knowledgeable people regarding this matter.

soooo, I just turned 24 and I've been trying to find the best/effective skin care regimen to preserve my skin and fight the aging process.
I read a ton of good things about Retin A and the benefits it has regarding it's anti-aging properties on the skin. However, most of the users seemed to be in their late 20s early 30s....
I want to make the most informed decision before I embark in the Retin A train. So is 24 safe to start?

I already bought a 0.025% tube...so debating if I should start or not.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Depends, I never used it until after I was done having kids because of how it can effect fertility and pregnancy. I would think at 24, a good sunscreen is fine along with Vitamin C serum and peptides. Just my opinion.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
I think if you have a lot of sun damage, like lines, freckles or slack skin, you could justify it. Fair skin people get sun damage early.

You could start once a week and see how it goes.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
I started using it around 25- cured my acne and removed a lot of the hyper pigmentation left from it. No ill effects..

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:47 am      Reply with quote
Okay 24 isn’t too young to be using Retin A, but it is too young to be self medicating. If you are going to use it work with a qualified dermatologist who knows you and your skin and the issues. Trying to self medicate is always a recipe for disaster. I’ve used Retin A for over 30 plus years and luckily I have had a brilliant dermatologist (please God don’t let that man ever retire!). However I have had friends who have done their self thing after reading about it and always regretted it. At 24 you want to be focused on prevention rather than cure so as others have said sun protection is a must and then gentle cleaning and moisturizing – maybe a vit C serum, but keep it simple and straight forward and that way you won’t encounter problems.
jester91 wrote:
Hello! I'm so happy I was able to find a forum like this where I can get advice from knowledgeable people regarding this matter.

soooo, I just turned 24 and I've been trying to find the best/effective skin care regimen to preserve my skin and fight the aging process.
I read a ton of good things about Retin A and the benefits it has regarding it's anti-aging properties on the skin. However, most of the users seemed to be in their late 20s early 30s....
I want to make the most informed decision before I embark in the Retin A train. So is 24 safe to start?

lillyc
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:43 am      Reply with quote
jester91 wrote:

I used it to fight my ances when i was 12 or 13...i was desperate nut only founf this way to cure my face. It worked but the effects were a bit too radical to a teen... Like peeling and reddening
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |