Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pox marks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
WeBlockUV

Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:48 am      Reply with quote
I got the pox late and when it healed, there were a few scars on my face. It's kind of hard to conceal. Any suggestions how I can remove it?
catxl
5% products discount

Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Depends on your skin types, some people's scar will fade away overtime and some will not. You can check your body for previous scars and get an idea. If your have fair skin tone, generally do ot leave obvious scar, you may just let the time to do the job. Apply sun screen and avoid sun exposure(minimize discolouration).
catxl
5% products discount

Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:35 am      Reply with quote
There are a few options. If it is freshly healed and appeared to be superficial, you can try the Concentrate from La Mer with the Miracle cream. It will not make things worse.
If it is too expensive, try out the silicone based patch/gel sold in most pharmacy(non-prescription). You need to do it for a long time to see the difference. It's mostly to prevent hypertrophic scar from surgery. Again, this is very safe, will not make it worse as long as you have healed skin.
If none of these worked, or you are not happy with the appearance, you may consult a dermatologist/plastic surgeon to intervene. It's generally easier to make an obvious,ugly scar to be less prominent then trying to fine touch a less obvious one to make it completely disappear.
WeBlockUV

Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:18 am      Reply with quote
Any side effects with creams or gels? Or will anything happen if say, I applied the cream and stayed under the sun? That kind of thing? Thanks Smile
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
I saw some improvement with dermarolling. The depressed scars were definitely lessened to the point where I don't notice them anymore. Are these raised or depressed scars? I'm making the assumption they are depressed.. The silicone scar patches won't do anything for a depressed scar.

5% products discount

Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:44 am      Reply with quote
The best advice I can give you is from my own experience. I had a depressed scar due to a removed wart. I tried dermarolling with no effect. Then I went for 50% TCA. Put it on the tip of a toothpick and pressed it gently into the scar. But only into the depression. After each healing period it got more even. I did it a few times and the scar is not visable anymore.
WeBlockUV

Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
Ava with wings wrote:
I saw some improvement with dermarolling. The depressed scars were definitely lessened to the point where I don't notice them anymore. Are these raised or depressed scars? I'm making the assumption they are depressed.. The silicone scar patches won't do anything for a depressed scar.

It's a depressed scar. I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with dermarolling or any derma procedure. Does it hurt?? How long does a session last?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |