Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
coconut oil helped stop the gray in my brows
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
cherallynne forcella
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:22 am      Reply with quote
My brows have recently developed coarse, wiry gray hairs which were very resistant to dye. (I used a regular dye since there is no contact with my eyes.) I started messaging a little coconut oil into them each night for moisture because they also looked looked dry and faded. I have noticed that I have no new gray hairs develop and (honestly) the old gray ones look dark again.

I looked it up and there is a lot of postings about coconut oil and gray hair.
catxl
5% products discount

Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:28 am      Reply with quote
This is really promising!

Did you noticed the pre-existing grey brows changed colour or newer ones came back to be darker?

Anyone see similar effect on hair?
cherallynne forcella
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Catxl:
The new hairs grew in darker and I plucked out the really bad gray ones. My brows look thicker and I no longer have to dye them, so I'm really pleased.

I googled Coconut oil/gray hair and there is a lot of info about its effect on gray hair. Of course, it doesn't happen instantly, but I've started using it on my roots and I figure it can't hurt. (My hair is highlighted extra light.)

I'll let you know if I see results.
maggie_p
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
This sounds really great! How long were you using it on your brows before you noticed these results?

I am also interested in what happens with hair, I did read that coconut oil is good for hair but it was just too heavy for me... But if it helps for grey hair, I might reconsider Wink
I am currently taking some supplements for grey hair, but it is only 2 months and it says it should take at least 6 months... Would be great not having to dye hair every month...
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
cherallynne forcella wrote:
Catxl:
The new hairs grew in darker and I plucked out the really bad gray ones. My brows look thicker and I no longer have to dye them, so I'm really pleased.

I googled Coconut oil/gray hair and there is a lot of info about its effect on gray hair. Of course, it doesn't happen instantly, but I've started using it on my roots and I figure it can't hurt. (My hair is highlighted extra light.)

I'll let you know if I see results.

The coconut oil made your eyebrows thicker? Can you tell me how you used it? How much and how often?
djenner
5% products discount

Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
you're talking about how many months?
cherallynne forcella
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
It has been about two months since I started using the oil and a month since I posted, and I still don't have any new grey hairs sprouting in my brows.
I apply it nightly before bed and massage it well.
I don't have any idea why it works, but I am pleased so far with the results.
djenner
5% products discount

Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
You find tons of hits when you google grey hair and coconut oil but not many reviews. I wonder if it would work for head hair as well, the question is that you would need a lot to do a head because it's not practical when you sleep. I also read stories that ten minutes is enough to let it soak in.
cherallynne forcella
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:02 am      Reply with quote
I am still not seeing any grey hairs in my brows. I apply it nightly before bed.

I am also applying it and allowing it to soak in before I have my hair colored. I wash it out and let my hair dry naturally before I get it bleached. My scalp is very sensitive and this does seem to help. My scalp doesn't itch so much after the treatment. Thanks for the tip about leaving it on ten minutes. I noticed that it does soak in rapidly. I have been sleeping in it and maybe I can avoid that.

I also take a teaspoon of coconut oil when I start to get heartburn. My discomfort disappears within minutes.
djenner
5% products discount

Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
what brand are you using? When I see the QAF of vatika coconut oil, I see lots of people saying it doesn't do anything for hair color, so your brand might be better.
cherallynne forcella
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:26 am      Reply with quote
djenner,
Sorry I've been so long in responding - I took a fabulous cruise and am trying to catch up.

The brand of cc oil I use is 'Carrington Farms' (pure,extra virgin cold pressed, 100% organic). I get it from the WalMart for less than six dollars for a decent sized container. It's on the rack with the cooking oils.

It's still working on my brows. No new grey hairs seen. Smile
djenner
5% products discount

Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:31 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much, I live in Europe, but I suppose the dabur vatika would work as well.
coeywong88

Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
coconut oil if good for many things!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |