Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

HELP! Did I destroy my skin with acids?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
nzz2101

Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all, I hope someone here can give me some advice because I'm freaking out.

I'm 30 years old, pretty fair (of South Asian origin, but really fair). A few months ago I started having some hormonal acne because I had gone off my pill. To combat the acne and scarring I think I probably went way overboard on using products. I used Mario Badescu's Enzyme Cleansing Gel at night, once in a while (like once/week) the glycolic facial cleanser, and Biologique Recherche P50 1970 toner morning and evening (Aqua, Glycerin, Phenol, Niacinamide, Vinegar (Acetum), Ethoxydiglycol, Magnesium Chloride, Lactic Acid, Arctium Lappa Root (Burdock Root) Extract, Salicylic Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Sulfur.)

All in all I probably used the toner along with the cleanser for 2+ weeks morning and evening. Then I had some redness on my cheeks maybe 10 days ago but I foolishly thought it was normal purging for starting with a toner with some acidic. I took a day or two off in between, most days I only used once, also used Cetaphil instead of the enzyme cleanser a couple of times).

I stopped two days ago and I feel like my skin is destroyed. My cheeks are splotchy, bright red, and feel really hot, sometimes itchy. The left side is more the apple of the cheek that's bright red, the right side is down to the chin along the whole side with some redness, though apple is where much of the redness is. My forehead also has redness, feels tight, also sometimes hot or itchy. I've had bouts of rosacea before (mostly just I flush easily like when I cry, which I've been doing a lot of) so I think that's not helping right now.

I am completely freaked out. I feel like I have completely ruined my face. I just stare in the mirror and watch the redness. It's not even uniform redness, it's splotchy. I'm 30 years old so the thought of damaging my face has sent me into a deep depression.

I know this is a combination of over-exfoliating with acids and sensitive skin. Have I permanently ruined my skin?

I'd love any help from you all lovely people.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
first.. calm down.. what is done is done and your face will heal and it will be just fine. It will take time..and the skin is amazing and will turn around before you know it.

Just stop using anything harsh.. I think you should give CeRave moisturizers and cleanser for your face. It has a patented formula that locks moisture into wet skin. It create a healthy barrier that stops redness and itching. I'd use coconut oil too if you have some.

You can buy it at Walgreens ..Target and Walmart it is about $15-$17 and worth every penny.

Treating skin takes time..nothing works fast and sometimes the things that work..look bad at first then turn out just fine after the skin heals and produces new layers of skin.
wenning
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe we should not use any cosmetics for the rest of the day. Or use baby moisturizers, maybe slowly. But once the skin is damaged, restoration is really a long process. Bless you soon recover!
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
You can definitely repair the acid-mentle on your skin. Use less products, and products that have ceramides and yeast extracts are useful. Avoid water-based cleanser (eg anything that lathers and foams). If you are not wearing makeup, just wash your face with warm water mixed with 3 drops of lavendar oil and compress with soft face cloth.

I guarantee the condition of the skin will improve within one week.

Good luck.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |