Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Facial Exercises: Real Data
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
I've been looking through Google Scholar to find out whether facial muscles really can be built (hypertrophy). In my experience yes, but I want to see some real data. There are some studies about treating masseter or frontalis hypertrophy with botox, and some about releasing platysmal cords and depressor anguli oris using botox.

However, there seems to be virtually nothing about desirable hypertrophy, ie deliberately building our facial muscles.

Then I came across this patent (https://www.google.com/patents/US20050038486), which goes into a lot of detail about to what extent facial muscles can be built, as well as being all for using botox to relax other muscles (eg platysmal cords and depressor anguli oris using botox). The inventor is a surgeon and isn't against using a full arsenal of anti-aging techniques, so he isn't against facelifts, botox etc. https://www.spamedica.com/about/doctors/plastic-surgeon-toronto/

Of course my DIY hands-for-resistance approach continues, but it's good to know that this surgeon is all for actually building up some of our facial and neck muscles.

I learned a lot by reading this (had to check up on various terms of course) and hope any facial exercisers out there will also find it useful.

Happy New Year Smile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:48 am      Reply with quote
I have often asked this of many program creators - and never got a sufficient answer that explains why there is a real lack of data and findings when it comes to facial exercise. I mean I think its something that ultimately the medical community could and would profit from if such data did exist. Even greats like Eva Fraser and Carole Maggio and Deborah Crowley all site that they can be built up but there is little to any proper proof that they can be which is a little disconcerning in my mind.
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Yet we're both keen facial exercisers Smile. I can certainly feel and see bigger muscles, but why doesn't some scientist really get into this? Should be a perfect topic for research. No trouble finding volunteer participants!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:29 am      Reply with quote
Absolutely – but like you I know they work so just don’t understand why the science has not backed it up yet. Even if it was a short study that produced results showing muscle fibre changes – that would be proof enough for me. I also would even like it if there was photo evidence. For example Facercise Carole has the Nose Shortener and Lip Plumper. Now if they both did this – then surely after a few weeks of doing them there would be some photographic proof. Carole said to me once that she has millions of photos that she takes for her clients – but then I don’t see why she doesn’t ask if she can share them with others as proof. Plus it would help motivate others to do them in my opinion but ca la vie.
Needl wrote:
Yet we're both keen facial exercisers Smile. I can certainly feel and see bigger muscles, but why doesn't some scientist really get into this? Should be a perfect topic for research. No trouble finding volunteer participants!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |