Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Food allergies and sensitivities?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
khaleesi
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:36 am      Reply with quote
If i had a choice i would go full on healthy with raw veg, fruit etc for every meal to help clear and heal my skin. Only reason i havent though is because i seem very sensitive to anything raw (food pollen allergy) which i believe is linked to hayfever. When i eat them raw or barely cooked i get itching in my mouth and throat, often not enough to bother me or stop me eating it but since ive been learning about how irritation can cause skin problems and long term ive stopped eating alot of raw things.

So im a bit at a loss for whether i should be eating anything like this, or even things like drinking orange juice, vitamin c supplement and cooked vegetables etc. Is it building up in my body all these allergens and having a negative impact on my skin? Are allergens broken down in the digestive system especially if not giving me extremely severe reactions?

When i went to a nutritionist she didnt really seem to know much about pollen food allergy which i was surprised at. She was recommending me soy milk based shake for breakfast and when i tried it i had a slight itch in my mouth. Almond is another type of milk id like to try but i get slight itching with almonds too. I am just unsure what to do for the best. Can i be tested for food sensitivities if anybody knows? Is there a different methods of testing? The way my mind thinks of it is what might irritate the skin could be broken down in the stomach and may not then cause any issues for the rest of the body.

I am just not sure how it works. Would having a type of anti histamine be enough? I've stopped taking them since my skins been a bit crazy and trying to find the cause plus my hayfever isnt as bad as when i was younger.

Anyone got advice for me? Im wanting to clear my spotty skin, that's lost some laxity this year (im 26 now) its also became slightly bumpy all over especially on my chest. Some kind of mild keratosis pilaris? It's like ive just had sudden problems all this year and the start of acne a few years ago.

Anyways i will stop harping on. So if anyone could help me i would really appreciate it. Thankyou x
epmarshall
5% products discount

Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know much on this topic, so hopefully others can help you out. But it's worth noting that some allergies go away after more exposure to the raw food.

For example, when my brother first ate raw, fresh pineapple he had an itchy, uncomfortable reaction that sounds similar to what you are talking about, but then after that first time it didn't ever happen again.

Also, there are many things you eat that you wouldn't necessarily want on your skin but that you still need for health reasons. Maybe just try to limit contact with the food and your skin as you eat it? This doesn't work for some things, however. I am allergic to mangoes. I can't eat them at all because if the skin leaves even a bit of residue on the actual fruit, I end up with blisters on my lips.

Anyway, I'm rambling. I'm sure you can get tested for some of this stuff, which I think will be a good start.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |