Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Filler Under Eyes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SJAY
5% products discount

Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone had experience with filler under the eyes? If so, what was your experience with it? Pros/cons?
semolinapilchard
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
If you have hollows, it makes a really nice difference. I've only had Restylane and have encountered some problems over about 6 years of having it done. I've been overfilled once (had it dissolved) and have also had lumpiness and tyndall due to injection technique but if you find a good injector, it's great.
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:25 am      Reply with quote
I was told by my plastic surgeon that restylane is not meant to put under the eyes. Restylane is only for the lower half of the face..nasiolabial folds, lips and marionette lines...no other area. It can cause a lot of problems if injected to the other areas.
SJAY
5% products discount

Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Ollie- it's off label use for under the eyes which surgeons/derms have been doing for decades. Some have great results, others do not.

Semolina- thanks for your reply. I do have pretty noticeable hollows which is what lead me to look into filler. I have heard about the side effects that you mention which worry me. I am searching around for different plastic surgeons to go to. Setting up a few consults can't hurt!
Flavia
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
About five years ago, I had Sculptra injections. The med spa where I had this done held an open house for anyone interested in learning more. A rep from the company who makes Sculptra was there to answer questions. He said it works best if you have good facial structure. Another lady was asking if it would be a good choice and the rep actually said no because her cheekbones were not high enough.

I had the injections around the jawline, above the eyebrows and under my eyes to reduce the hollow look. It worked pretty well there, but no where else. It's supposed to last two years. When I went back the third year, they said I didn't need any more. I'm 62 and the area around my eyes still looks good. The bottom half of my face....um....not so much.

You have to really research the stuff and know what you're doing and who's doing it or you can end up with lumps. I had a very small one which was corrected on my second visit. They were running a special and seems like it cost around $1500. I would only have it done around the eyes and possibly save money. By the way, the procedure is pretty rugged as they inject nearly to the bone.
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Flavia, thanks for a good evaluation. It is nothing I would do, for sure. Will stick with creams and concealer.

5% products discount

Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Flavia, thanks for all the info. Did you have bruising the following days? I've heard about the possible lumping which is why I'm carefully considering who I'm setting up consults with.

The price seems rather steep...especially if you would have to get it dissolved if something went wrong. But at the same time, it's kind of good to know you can get it dissolved if you need to.
Flavia
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I had some minor bruising. From what I understand, you can't dissolve it. I would not have done it if I had known the possible complications. Women have posted their horror stories. Fortunately, mine went well. It requires a lot of massage for several days to prevent lumps from forming. From now on, I'll just stick with Retin A.
SJAY
5% products discount

Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hyaluronidase is used to dissolve filler if needed. It's usually for Restylane or Juvederm fillers.

I've read some horror stories which worry me but also have read positive things as well.

Tough decision, will have to think about it for a while.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
I think most docs have switched to using Belotero under the eyes because it's a thinner consistency. I had Juvederm or Restylane (don't remember which) maybe four years ago and it lasted a year and a half. I'd like to get some more but can't afford it now. Sculptra should never be used in tear troughs.
Flavia
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Here is a very good article on Sculptra. It also compares it with the other fillers. It looks like it may be a good choice dollar-wise. There are some new guidelines on using it since I had it done a few years ago.

http://www.skintour.com/fillers-botox-injectibles/dermal-fillers-juvederm-restylane-sculptra-radiesse/guide-to-sculptra/
SJAY
5% products discount

Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Thanks SoftSkin and Flavia for your replies.

I've read conflicting things about Belotero under the eyes, as with most of the other fillers. Some docs say Belo doesn't hold well and can often migrate because of the thinner consistency. But then again, I've heard goods things as well.

I was thinking about setting up some consults with opthamologists as well. I would think that they have a better understanding of the atatomy of the eye area.

I would most likely start off modestly and get half of a syringe for both under eyes. It seems the people that go this route have less complications and can add more once they see how their skin reacts.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
I wouldn't go to an ophthalmologist. Just because they know eye structure doesn't mean they have an artistic 'eye.' See an oculoplastic surgeon. Best of both worlds.
tefla
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
I love it! I live in the UK and go to one of the best cosmetic filler medical practitioners in the UK.

It's one of the best decisions I've ever made as I have hereditary hollows under my eyes that got worse as I got older and no creams, gels or concealers made any difference.

My doctor uses Restylane and the effect is super natural.

However, I would recommend you do your research and choose the best practitioner you can as experience of filling this area is absolutely vital but when it's done well, it can transform your appearance.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Do you go to London? A friend is looking for someone. I only know a doc in Chepstow --George Kindy at the Chepstow Cosmetic Clinic.
tefla
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi Yes, I go to Tracy Mountford at the Cosmetic Skin Clinic, which has branches in London and Buckinghamshire.

If you google Dr. Mountford, you'll see how well - respected she is in the industry and listed in Harper's Bazaar as one of the best.

She is hugely experienced and I know I'm in very safe hands and I get wonderful, natural results.
SJAY
5% products discount

Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, tefla.

I'm wondering did you get a half or full syringe for each under eye? Also, do you know if a cannula was used? I hear that leaves less of a chance for bruising or piercing any vessels.
tefla
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

I had half a syringe under each eye. Concerning a cannula, I have heard there may be less bruising but Dr. Mountford doesn't use them herself. I really think it's what the doctor feels comfortable with and the injection technique and the expertise and artistic eye of the injector as it's vital to fill this area smoothly and evenly so there are no lumps and bumps.

Personally, I've never had bruising with fillers around the eyes.
SJAY
5% products discount

Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
tefla, I sent you a message!
tefla
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi SJAY

Thanks, have messaged back.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |