Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Anti-Wrinkle Skin Care
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
xtiffan

Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone and good afternoon. I am new to the forum, it is a pleasure to meet all of you. I am currently on a hunt for skin care products that take away or lessen wrinkles on your face. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Best wishes,
Tiffany Very Happy
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:45 am      Reply with quote
There are so many different answers that are available to you on such an open ended question so its really important to be specific. How old are you exactly? When did the wrinkles appear and why? Are they sun damage? Stress, lack of sleep, dehydration?

For one, I would suggest starting out with Vit C serum for its antioxidant capacities and a really good sunscreen. Then depending on what your goals are you may want to incorporate a retinoid product or CP product to start rebuilding the skin and fixing the wrinkles. You may want to incorporate Tanaka massage as this really helps relax the face and get rid of wrinkles too and is free on youtube.
xtiffan

Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
I am 36. The wrinkles appeared a couple of years ago due to aging. There are not a whole bunch but they are still visible.
Lin1313
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:25 am      Reply with quote
xtiffan wrote:
I am 36. The wrinkles appeared a couple of years ago due to aging. There are not a whole bunch but they are still visible.

Hopefully you don't smoke or lie in the sun without sunscreen and you drink a fair amount of water. I have only ever used cleanser, toner, moisturizer and up until Dec 2014 I have always used a total mixture of products. I received a lovely Christmas present in 2014 - Monsia Skincare and I have been using it ever since. This product line has shea butter and jojoba esters (oil) and I found that my skin really loves it. Before bed I apply my Monsia night repair cream and add a few drops of Vit E oil especially to the neck, around the eyes and on the forehead. The vit E oil holds in the moisture - might be something you could try?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Theresa Mary is right about vitamin C.

You need to incorporate vitamin C, retinol and excellent sun protection. Try to avoid daily moisturizing and you need to, ensure there is some retinol or AHA to have with it.

If I could tell myself when I was 36, it would be to stop daily moisturizing.

You need to use retinol, vitamin C, and sun protection on regular basis.

If you want to commit yourself to a regime, I suggest the one I use, called ZO Skin Health.
Lin1313
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:00 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:

You need to incorporate vitamin C, retinol and excellent sun protection. Try to avoid daily moisturizing and you need to, ensure there is some retinol or AHA to have with it.

Why try to avoid daily moisturizing please?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Lin1313 wrote:
Skincare wrote:

It weakens the skin that slow down natural exfoliation and dead skin cells accumulate which can clog the pores or leave the dull look that you get on the skin surface. Moisturizers should be used occasionally when you need it.
Bhim

Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:17 am      Reply with quote
Hello everybody.I am new to the forum,it is a pleasure to meet all of you.I am currently hunting for skin products that take away or lessen wrinkles
on your face.Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes
Bhim
simmyjack

Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
I treated wrinkles naturally. I used to massage my skin with olive oil, Aloe Vera gel and almond oil. These oils give a fresh and clear skin. Continuous use of these oils will reduce wrinkles and also delay the effects of aging but it takes time to show the result. If you need a quick result, I think you should go for some non-surgical procedure. One of my friends had done skin resurfacing treatment from McLean Clinic in Mississauga to get rid of lines and wrinkles. There was a great change on her skin. In order to maintain it, she is using all these oils now.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:55 am      Reply with quote
Bhim wrote:
Hello everybody.I am new to the forum,it is a pleasure to meet all of you.I am currently hunting for skin products that take away or lessen wrinkles
on your face.Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes
Bhim

Hi!

Retinol will help. I use ZO Skin Health
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Sorry but completely disagree here. There is no evidence that moisturising the skin slows down exfoliation or clogs pores. Some skins (and I am dry skinned) need moisturising otherwise will become extremely sore and painful. Of course depending on whats used – that is where there is a difference. For example, using a lot of chemicals that irritate the skin is a different thing to using a natural oil that nourishes the skin. Plus some people need to do some form of manual exfoliation too. Whilst there is the belief that skin cells flick off and become house dust as we age, their rate starts to slow down and that can be due to a variety of things from hormones, to temperature and climate for example.

If I didn’t moisturise – my skin would
Skincare wrote:
Lin1313 wrote:
Skincare wrote:

It weakens the skin that slow down natural exfoliation and dead skin cells accumulate which can clog the pores or leave the dull look that you get on the skin surface. Moisturizers should be used occasionally when you need it.
pinchgrove

Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:55 am      Reply with quote
I am using vitamin C, retinol and anti aging eye cream. I heard that the Chanel ultra correction lift lifting firming day cream spf 15 is really good.it's kinda pricey though
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
I agree what the others said. I find these 4 products to be helpful in an anti-aging regimen:

1. Antioxidant treatment – in the A.M. such as Vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid)
2 Moisturizer – in A.M.
3. Sunscreen – in the A.M.
4. Exfoliator treatment – in the P.M. such as a Retinol, Alpha Hydroxy Acid or Glycolic Acid

I use:

Antioxidant: SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic Serum (15% Vit. C, 1% Vit. E, 0.5% Ferulic Acid)
Moisturizer: SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel Serum (Vit. B5 and Hyaluronic Acid)
Sunscreen: SkinCeuticals Physical Matte UV Defense SPF 50 Sunscreen
Exfoliator: SkinCeuticals Retexturing Activator serum (which has an Aminosulfonic Acid compound that comparable to 20% Glycolic Acid treatment)

Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
re-posting for kaiqing

4 scientific products!!! But the SkinCeuticals Physical Matte UV Defense SPF 50 Sunscreen is so thick for me, like wearing a mask on face! I like shiseido's sunscreen more!
aalia

Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
How do you fight acne and wrinkles without making your face feel either dry or flaky, which makes wrinkles worse, or too greasy and creamy, which makes acne and blackheads worse. The answers are truly easier than you think—if you are using the right products.
xiyue
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
The brand of valmont is good. Maybe you can try
Nikkol
5% products discount

Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:

If I could tell myself when I was 36, it would be to stop daily moisturizing.

You need to use retinol, vitamin C, and sun protection on regular basis.

If you want to commit yourself to a regime, I suggest the one I use, called ZO Skin Health.
Hi hi. May I ask why you should avoid daily moisturising? There is a lot of hype suggesting that you moisturise and moisturise and moisturise
Nikkol
5% products discount

Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Ok I saw your answer on why not to moisturise along with Theresa Mary, Skin care, so no need to reply to my comment. I will look into it further. Thanks
jennijane

Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:39 am      Reply with quote
Anti wrinkles must be reduced using natural spa products which can naturally reduce the wrinkles from your face
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Most people that use retin-a or AHA's are already exfoliating so it's doubtful that these people are having a skin cell build up (and clogging pores) even if they are moisturizing. You don't have to be manually exfoliating to be exfoliating.

People are different. Some have naturally dry skin that is genetic..and some do not. I don't have dry skin but most serums or creams have moisturizing elements and so do most sun screens. You don't need a product that just calls itself a moisturizer to be using one. Most likely you are. How's your skin doing?

I don't think there's a one size fits all on these things.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |