Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review:IS Clinical - Absolute total and complete RAVE !!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
I've said that I was going to do a review of these products and I've procrastinated a bit because I was so amazed at the results that I wanted to keep going with the stuff for a bit, just in case it was a fluke that my skin was looking FANTASTIC.

This stuff is just amazing. I've tried alot of different products with varying results but this stuff is just so effective without any unpleasant side effects....

I've been doing the following:

PM

Cleanse

IS Clinical Active Serum
IS Clinical Hydra Cool
then my Skin Medica Recovery Gel...

(won't bother going into my eye regimen since i'm not using IS Clinical Eye Products right now)

AM

Cleanse

Prevage

IS Clinical Super Serum
IS Clinical HydraCool

The Active Serum is loaded with Vit C and also acts as a potent exfoliant. They caution that it is not for sensitive skin. They recommend that you follow it with the Hydra Cool which I've been doing. The Hydra Cool is mainly to hydrate and is chock full of hyaluronic acid. Its very cooling and I'm becoming completely addicted to the sensation....

The Super Serum has 15% vit C and is loaded with all kinds of good stuff.

They also make a Firming Cream which my dermatologist, who is usually very skeptical and reserved about porducts, absolutely raves about.

IS Clinical is knowN for rapid results and they are absolutely true to their word. This stuff is super effective!!!

THE RESULTS: I've always been plagued by large pores and my skin tone tends to be uneven, even with consistent Vit C use. Not any more ! My skin is verging on poreless and that is without a drop of make-up. If I use a tinted base like shue uemura, or blend some of the Dr. H bronzer with a bit of his day moisturizer lotion and use it very lightly, my skin IS poreless. My skin tone is even now. And, my skin is very toned and firm, without being tight.

The only thing this stuff does NOT do? When I was first using Alpha Derma (which turned out not to be very good for me), I just went crazy over how my skin felt. It had this incredibly velvet-like feel when I touched my face after applying it. (Unfortunately, after a month or so, my skin still felt great but it looked like hell...lol). I cannot say the same for this stuff. After the Hydra Cool goes on, my skin feels almost sticky. Once the lotion penetrates and dries that feeling is gone and my skin looks great. I didn't have many wrinkles to start with, but whatever fine lines I did have are gone - this stuff plumps them into total smoothness and they stay that way.

These products are NOT cheap, but a little goes a long way. And, even though I've always used a 20% Vit C serum and both the Active and Super Serum only have 15%, it seems to be sufficient, so that represents some savings.

My skin is pretty toned and firm now, but based on my derm's raves, I'm very tempted to give the firming cream a go just along my jaw and on my throat. I can always use a little firming and she said that consistent use has virtually stopped the aging process for her. She is about 40 and has the skin of a child - she attributes it largely to this line...

I'm sure I'll continue to add and subtract steps to my current regimen as time goes on. I've always used different stuff based on what's going on with my skin, the weather, my stress level, etc. But, there is no doubt - these items are definite keepers. They may be costly, but they are so efficient and effective, and very pleasant and easy to use. Absolutely worth every cent. I really couldn't recommend them more highly.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
IS Clinical Active Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)
IS Clinical Active Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)

Most popular product, this fast-acting, long-term, “results-oriented” formula decreases the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, evens skin tone, and is excellent for acne. Touted by physicians as “remarkable” and “phenomenal,” ACTIVE SERUM™ usually produces results within a couple of days. Potent activity will be noted upon application as evidenced by a cool tingling sensation indicating penetration. Excellent for all skin types and for all ages, this powerful botanical serum does not dry the skin. Instead, it leaves the skin moist and smooth.

marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know whether to kiss you or smack you for this rave review. I had almost forgotten about this line -we spoke on another thread. Now I'll have to look at the budget (what budget) again Confused

Do you have oily skin or dry skin? I'm using alphaderma but instead of drying, I'm actually oilier. Confused

Forgot to add, are you sure it isn't the prevage doing all the work???

What's the skinmedica recovery gel??
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Katee, I just checked, the active serum dosen't contain any vitamin c??? It's only the superserum that has it Confused
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Marina....

You're right - it's the Super Serum that has the Vit C. The Active Serum is Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Arbutin Glycoside, Kojic Acid, Menthol.

The Skin Medica TNS Recovery Complex is a unique product that I've used on and off for a year or so. It's key ingredients are:
Human Fibroblast Conditioned Media, Ethoxydiglycol, Isoceteth-20, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Fragrance. They sell it here, but I usually get it at a significant discount on ebay....

My skin has shown consistent improvement since I've been using Prevage, but I saw a very dramatic improvement in my skin within days of starting the IS Clinical serums.

I have oily skin and I've NEVER had a problem with drying, but the Okusil made the skin around my eyes look like crepe paper. I used the Alpha Derma preceeded by the Skin Prep and although I used it sparingly, I also felt oily. But the main problem was that my skin just lacked clarity when I was using it. I also think it looked a bit dehydrated (but not any less oily !! )

I know you can really go crazy here with the range of products that we talk about. Laughing.... I will say this though - there are several products that I use and like very much and even though I might sample one thing or another, I usually come back to my staples. And, I rarely RAVE about anything. But, I think that this line, as well as Prevage, are the best products I've come across in a long, long time. My skin has never looked better and that is VERY ironic since the last year has been a very stressful one; I rarely sleep more than 5 hours a night and that would normally show on my skin before it showed anywhere else. It's why I'm all the more impressed with these products!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi Katee
I've followed you from the other thread too and I'm sorely tempted.

But can you tell me, what you mean exactly by uneven skin tone - are we talking hyperpigmentation, redness, rough skin or something else?

And which serum do you think makes all the difference? There are just too many of them for me to buy. If I was using other exfoliates to replace the 'Active' and moisurisers/carrier oils to replace the Hydra Cool, do you think the Superserum alone would have any impact? Did you ever try one without the others?

so many questions.....
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi Molly --

My skin wasn't rough or anything like that - I don't really know how to describe it - not quite "ruddy" but I always felt that I looked alot better with some sheer foundation or something. I can easily go without it now.

I asked my dermatologist some of the same questions you've asked about the different serums. Her view was that if you wanted to minimize what you were going to purchase, then the thing to do would be to go with the Active Serum and the Hydra Cool. Use of a good Vit C serum probably isn't quite as good as the Super Serum, but she said that while not optimal, it would do.

No question that the Active Serum is the key but it really is a very active exfoliant and I think the real key is using it in tandem with the Hydra Cool....
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Smile
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:31 am      Reply with quote
The Super Serum is a dark amber colored bottle. The Active Serum and the Hydracool come in dark blue bottles.

As for the Active Serum, the ingredients are Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Arbutin Glycoside, Kojic Acid, Menthol. I know that they are available elsewhere and I've used each of them. Perhaps the issue here is the percentages or the particular combination. But, I've never used a product that produced such dramatic results as quickly.

I like the Super Serum very much, but when she and I discussed the line, she said she loved the Super Serum, but if I was going to use anything, I should use the Active Serum and the Hydra Cool combo. I was also impressed with the ingredients in the Super Serum and I liked that I kind all that good stuff in one place....

And, just for the record, my dermatologist doesn't sell the product.

As for the steep price tag - I personally think that most skin products are grossly overpriced. I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford the extravagance, but that doesn't mean I think the price is justified. I'm not telling anybody to go out and buy this stuff either.

I've been using it and I love the results. End of story.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Active Serum
Key ingredients: Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Arbutin Glycoside, Kojic Acid, Menthol.

Super Serum
KEY INGREDIENTS: L-Ascorbic Acid, Hyaluronic Acid, Arbutin Glycoside, Pentapeptide Amino Acid, Kojic Acid, Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Purified Centella Asiatica Extract, Zinc Sulfate

Hydra Cool Serum
KEY INGREDIENTS: Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin B5, Kojic Acid, Menthol, Centella Asiatica Extract.

The other product that my derm RAVED about, but which I have not yet tried, is the Firming Complex. I'm not sure if I will or won't...
Key Ingredients: Hyaluronic Acid, Natural Hydroxy Fruit Acids, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin B5, Salicin Glycoside, Centella Asiatica Extract, Chamomile Oil, Green Tea Extract, Licorice Extract, Soluble Bioflavenoids.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Smile
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Katee

Thanks for all the extra info.

I might give the Epidermx/camellia oil a rest when I'm finished and try out the active and cool combo instead.

Don't worry about giving rave reviews on stuff, even if it's pricey. We're all responsible adults - It's up to us. Besides I'm always so interested to hear about the newest/latest and how else would I? And I'm sure I couldn't afford to see your derm either so it's good to hear what he/she says.

One last little question. Your old college friend, was she oily, big pored too or another kind of sun damage? I just ask because my skin's moisture levels are pretty well balanced (normal).

Thanks
M
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Molly...

My skin is oily.... Her skin isn't oily at all though. When we were younger, she used to lay out in the sun with one of those mirrored reflectors (wincing...) and until very recently, continued to use tanning beds. She loved looking tan and wouldn't listen to reason, but as a result, her skin was seriously wrinkled despite the fact that she just turned 40. Her improvement was just so dramatic that it prompted me to question my dermatologist about the line. I was really surprised when she told me that it was what she used on her own skin!! Would have been nice if she volunteered the info before I asked....laughing. When I asked her why she hadn't, she said she doesn't like to push products. Rolling Eyes Pfffft...
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Smile
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
Whoah, improves such bad sun-damage style wrinkles! I can't resist either now, besides I've only a small scoop of Epidermx left and while I think it's had some positive results for me, I can't use it as often as recommended because I feel it upsets my acid mantle, bit drying on me. Probably better for oilier people.

Anyway, here's the cheapskate plan. I'll just buy the Active and then if I feel it's not kicking in I can make a second order for the Hydracool and then (but I'm hoping not) a third order for the Super.

....did your friend have bad pigmentation or melasma?

(Does your friend know what you're telling everyone about her Laughing ?)
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Laughing.... NO she doesn't know! OMG she'd kill me for saying that she looked like hell before.

She didn't have much of a problem with pigmentation, although my guess is that as she got older, that was in the cards...

Molly - I think the Super Serum really is a bonus. From what my doc said, its a Vit C serum that's enriched with a cocktail of other good stuff. I like it alot but its costly and you can probably do without it.

But, I don't think you can do without the Hydra Cool. The Active Serum is VERY active and the HydraCool allows its use without accompanying "uglies". Additionally, the Active Serum opens the skin and allows deep absorption of the Hyaluronic Acid in the Hydra Cool, which is why your skin looks so good so fast.

I'd be nervous about the use of the Active Serum without the Hydra Cool - I think you'd molt! I also don't think you'd see the same results.

I know. I know. It sure ain't cheap!
skybaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know where you can purchase or get samples of this line? Also, being that the guy who created this line was involved with the Skinceuticals line wouldn't they be similar. In comparing the products a lot of them are.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi Marina

Bit strange! I was going to ask you to remember to let us know whether you're raving too when your IS Clinical arrives and then I see all your posts have been deleted and replaced with smilies. Who's having a laugh then Bad Grin what's the story?

I was also thinking; what it boils down to seems to be a strong chemical exfoliant followed by a hyaluronic acid plumping action with some soothers. I wonder if Carekate could knock up one of her famous potions? Is she here Rolling Eyes

M
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi Molly, I was just a bit embarrassed after reading my posts, I thought maybe I put Katee on the defensive-I didn't mean to do that. It just seemed the ingredients were basic and I was curious about the derm. There are so may around that just recommend what they sell.

That being said, far be it from me not to order on faith-I've been doing it all my life!!
I was hesitating because I hd just come down to a short for summer products: CRX Age-Limit serum (check more raves) and skinceutical daily moisture (good for oily, ageing skin w/pores and skin. c&E),prevage etc. THEN, out of left field comes IS clinical.What's a girl to do?? The advantage is they don't charge shipping to Canada and, what the heck, you only live once.
Again, your right about the ingredients but the Super serum seems very interesting. Apparently, the texture is like skinceuticals (which I love). Believe me I'll be the first one to review when I take the plunge.

I don't get the reference to carekate-what potion?
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi Marina
I'm sorry, I didn't notice anything wrong with your posts. I wouldn't have mentioned it if I'd realised it was because you were uncomfortable with them. And now everyone knows, oops Confused

Yes, Carekate is always coming up with 5 dollar home recipe replacements for expensive brands. Her latest is a Dr H cleansing cream. I love the idea of DIY but I can't get any almonds here. I'm saving her recipes though and they'll go back to England with me eventually.

Look forward to your review
M
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Awwww Marina

You shouldn't have deleted your posts! I think I probably did feel a little defensive, but that's because while I've often said that I liked this or that product, I've never advocated something so strongly. I've used enough different products to know that what works for one person doesn't always work for another. And, normally, it isn't a big deal. We're big girls and when we decide to purchase something, presumably it's a reasoned choice. But, the IS Clinical stuff is expensive and I was worried that my exuberance might have been overdone!!! But, it certainly wasn't because you said something that was in any way out of line. I'm normally skeptical about EVERYTHING.

When I first the threat about taking supplemental hyaluronic tabs to plump your lips, I rolled my eyes so much I gave myself a headache....laughing. Then I tried it (cause I figured, "Ah what the hell - I've spent way more on a tube of lipgloss"). I was absolutely floored by the dramatic results, STOPPED rolling my eyes, but didn't stop feeling guilty that I had Wink .

Let us know if the product works for you... I continue to be delighted with it. When I posted the review, I figured it couldn't get any better, but it HAS !
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Where do you order IS clinical from? (What does the IS stand for?)
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:25 am      Reply with quote
The IS stands for Innovative Skincare. I order mine from:

http://estheticallycorrect.com/ISClinical.html

Their prices are the best I have found for this product line.
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Well, crap!! I just ordered my stuff. I wonder if it is too late to cancel, the savings could buy my hydra cool.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I finally broke down last night and clicked on the estheticallycorrect link that katee provided. I couldn't get anything to happen when I clicked on the Active Serum Question So, I ended up ordering the Super Serum and Firming Complex. I guess I'll use the Firming Complex at bedtime since it contains AHA's. I've never tried a Vit.C serum before, but so many on this forum are dedicated users of various brands, I thought I'd try one. I'll wait to buy another Prevage for now, since I didn't see anything dramatic happen. I suppose if the Vit.C doesn't work out for me, I may consider giving Prevage another try. I didn't order the Hydra Cool since my skin gets oilier in warm weather, and hopefully my sunscreen will provide moisture. It's too bad that effective sunscreen isn't incorporated into these (and other) products -- maybe it can't be done. But it would certainly streamline the makeup process, and when any acid products are used, we all know that sunscreen is an absolute must.

katee, if your derm has any insight into the use of the 2 products I ordered, I'd love to know. I hope I didn't make a mistake by passing up the Hydra Cool!!!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, my dermatologist (Tina Alster) is quoted raving about the firming complex on the IS Clinical site. If you look on their site, you'll see the way they work it into a skincare regimen.

I have pretty oily skin too but I think the HydraCool is necessary for MOISTURE regardless of how oily your skin is. ESPECIALLY because both the Active Serum and the Firming Complex are pretty potent exfoliants.

BTW, Abejita posted an email she received from the IS Clinical CEO when she emailed them as to why Esthetically Correct sold their products at a discount. It was a pretty nasty comment by him questioning the authenticity of their products. It freaked me out so much, I went ahead and called my dermatologist. I had originally gotten samples of the products from her. She doesn't sell skincare products and I found the Esthetically Correct site by doing a google search... I used her samples first, then the stuff I purchased from ES.... I can see no difference in the feel, smell, etc, and I especially can't find a difference in the results.

What she said is that while she can't really say one way or the other, she told me not to worry about it. She said it's a very competitive business and the folks that produce the products work very hard to maintain control. She mentioned that alot of sites are now offering Prevage even though the manufacturer makes a HUGE deal about only allowing the product to be sold by physicians and after a consult. Even the sites owned by docs will sell you the product. They ask you to make one phone call and call it a consultation!

Ah well.... it is a business after all..
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |