Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review:IS Clinical - Absolute total and complete RAVE !!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
Liz, thank you! I'm embarrassed that I couldn't find that. Confused Although, it doesn't give the specifics that Marina was talking about, like alternating and such.

I'll definitely email them in the am. Thanks again,

Lexy
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Alexis52 wrote:
Marina, Smack me in the head, but I searched all over agelessmd.com and couldn't find anything about how to use the IS C as a total regime. I just saw how each individual product is used and expected results. Did you email or call them?

Lexy

I e-mailed them at customer service, but abejita's idea is better. Also, Skinterra does an on-line skin analysis. They respond quicky, then you can reply about specific products and how to use them.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Just peeking in to see what you all are saying. God, I really can't tell you all how happy I am that others are getting such good results, given the way I go on about this stuff! Wink
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy, did you manage to score a sample at the end...I, too, am looking for one and dont know where to look.
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi All,

It is good to see so many good reviews. I have been using Skinceutical (SC) products for a year. After seeing raves from all of you, I purchased a bottle of IS Clinical Superserum and am using it now depite that I still have a lot of SC products left. I just used it for a few weeks and my hyperpigmentation from hydroquinone/steroid damage is still obvious. I wish I can see good results as Marina. I got a bottle of Active Serum and used it for a few nights. I found that my hyperpigmentation was worse after using Acitve Serum, so I stopped using Active Serum 2 weeks ago. Marina: Could you give me some suggstions?

Does any of you think that IS Clinical's Eye Complex is better than Skinceuticals's Eye Balm? I already have too many kinds of eye cream, but am still looking for a better one. I still have half bottle full of Cellcosmet, 4/5 bottle of Skinceutical Eye Balm, 4/5 bottle of Teamine, half bottle of PTK Eye Rescue.

Thank you all.

Rose
fenn
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:19 am      Reply with quote
I've had a really good experience ordering from theskincareinstitute.com, I'm not sure if there was a shipping charge as it's not reflected in the invoice they emailed me and I've yet to check my CC statement. However, I ordered some stuff from Cosmedix and specifically requested for samples of IS Super serum, Hydra-cool and poly-vitamin and within 10 days, everything arrived in pristine order. Highly impressed and would definitely purchase from them again even though their prices are not the cheapest around. Sad I'm really liking the super serum despite my rather thin and dehydrated skin. The texture of my skin is definitely finer but the serums as most skinceuticals and cellex-C go, are sticky upon application and not many will like that. Perhaps it's my skintype, I really don't know. But the products definitely do deliver the glow in a very short time. Then again, most Vitamin C serums do that for me. I'm not sure if I'm ready to invest in the full size yet although I'm pretty sure the 30ml one will last at 3 months. Will try it for another week and see if my freckles are lightening up.

Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:54 am      Reply with quote
mithai wrote:
Mabsy, did you manage to score a sample at the end...I, too, am looking for one and dont know where to look.

I haven't done it yet Mithai. I'm a little bit scared that I'll get one and like it Laughing To be honest, I forgot about it as I was in the grasp of serious online perfume shopping Smile I'll email this weekend and see what they say.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Let me see if I can do some serious enabling here. Very Happy It's true that there are many different kinds of skin out there and many different skincare lines. For me, ISC is, hands down, the best I've ever used. I have fairly good skin, age 54, fair, dehydrated in my old age but used to be very oily. The pores on my nose and surrounding area and chin always get clogged. Every night, I can squeeze a bit and out comes junk - no zits, just bumpies.

I now have NO pores showing around my nose. My nose still has large pores but that may never change. Hey, I've been using ISC for a week and I'm seeing great results already. At the end of the day I am neither oily or dry - just regular. No junk to squeeze. The skin is firming. It's like a miracle!

I do not have hyperpig. so I can't help there, but I do have a lot of ruddiness under the skin that is evening out. It was suggested to use Pro-Heal for the redness so I'll get that in my next order.

The place where I order from, Kalologie, says it is the best skincare line they have ever carried and most of the aestheticians there use it. Now that's saying something.

I love the eye complex and moisture complex! Get a sample first. These aren't creams. More like a cream/thick gel and absorb instantly. No shine, no residue leftover. I find that patting it on works best because it doesn't "move" a lot (at least on me).

This line may not be for everyone but for me, it is definitely my HG skincare! Yay!

Alexis
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Alexis,

You have me very curious now. Laughing You all know how much I love JB products but I think I want to try some ISC. I have no idea of what to try. Any suggestions?

Winnie
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi Winnie! The most potent, fast acting is the Active Serum IMO. I'll send ya a lengthy pm.

Lexy
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Rose,

I'm not sure you're going to get the maximum effect of any product using it eclectically. I don't have a problem with hyperpgmentation, but according to what I've read, the recommended IS Clinical products for that particular problem consist of Active Serum and Hydra Cool at night and the Pro Heal Serum and Hydra Cool in the am.

The Active serum is VERY active - if you don't follow it with Hydra Cool, I would bet that you probably suffered some irritation. Plus, the Pro Heal Serum is rich with kojic acid and zinc sulfate to address the hyperpigmentation and probably inflammation that you caused using the Active Serum by itself.

It is true that some products do feel so nice going on that we're immediately hooked. But I've been taking care of my skin long enough to know that any regimen - even a fast acting one - requires patience.

I've recently started using the IS Clinical Eye Complex but I'm not ready to deliver a verdict yet. I think it is difficult to compare it to the products you name - they don't all propose to do the same thing. I think it depends on what it is you are trying to treat.

Hey Winnie (welcome back btw) - I'm betting that the Firming Complex will love your skin ! Wink
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie - katee's right about the Firming Complex. I'm also using Super Serum. I have a sample of Pro Heal serum and it contains some form of retinoid. It's oilier than the Super Serum, so I've only dabbed it on lines at bedtime, after applying the Firming Complex.

April
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Rose,

Katee's advice is great-just adding to say that the active serum is definitely active, and from my personal experience, when I exfoliate my melasma "looks" worse at first because of the contrast with the rest of myface(does this make sense-I can't seem to speak English today). With patience, things start blending in. Hydroquinone,on the other hand, DID make things worse. Just don't overdo; use a moisturizer after (I don't know if you have the hydracool). Most important, broad-spectrum sunscreen; with pigmentation problems the regular sunscreen stuff just won't do.

As far as I know, there's nothing in the active serum that can make pigmentation worse. The 'lightener" in it is very gentle.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Hey Winnie (welcome back btw) - I'm betting that the Firming Complex will love your skin !

This is the advice I received from the Skin Institute:

"Hello, the IS Clinical products are ideal for improving, correcting and maintaining good skin. My suggestion would be the active serum at night which decreases pore size, exfoliates, and balances the skin. It will help to bring your skin into balance so the t-zone will be less oily. Second, I would recommend the Super Serum as it is anti-aging, anti-acneic, has firming qualities and great anti-oxidants. The firming Complex used in the morning over the super serum and under the eye firms and tightens the skin".

What do you all think? Do I need to buy all at once? What about a moisturizer? Excuse all the questions but ISC is a totally new concept to me. So, I need your help. Very Happy The ideal situation would be to start off slow as it is very expensive. BTW can I use C&C and AlphaDerma with this line?

Thanks much,
Winnie
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi again. Wondered where ya went, Winnie! MY sources say that the Firming and Active serums are almost duplicates. The Firming being for normal to dry, the Active for normal to oily. So I wouldn't get both right now. I'd definitely get one of them though. I forget what the ingredients are in C&C but the Super serum is 15% VitC with other goodies. Check out the ISC site for ingredients and if they're similar enough, I'd finish up the C&C first.

You definitely should put a moisturizer over the Active serum. The Hydra-Cool is pretty much hyauloric (sp) acid. The Moisture Complex has the acid and other goodies too.I think you're a bit more oily than me, so the Mois. C. may be too much for your skin. But if ya don't like it, I'd buy it from you in a heartbeat! LOVE the stuff.

I'm thinking (uh oh) that you should ask her for samples of everything that you'd like to try, and maybe purchase one item now. That should be incentive for them to give you samples.

Someone on this thread said that they use the ADCE over everything and it works well. Just too lazy to search all the pages to find out who.

Alexis
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Alex,

This is information I got from a site before our communications. I emailed them the other day. My head is spinning. Laughing I talked to a derm today (one I knew from where I used to work). He told me that his practice is looking into ISC at this time. So, I figure it must be good as I totally respect him.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
I'm completely fascinated by the idea of using the Firming Complex over the Super Serum as an am treatment combination !

Like Alexis52, my understanding was that you used EITHER Active Serum, Firming Complex, or Poly Vitamin Serum at night, depending on your skin type. The Firming Complex isn't as strong an exfoliator as the Active Serum, but it does other stuff that the Active Serum doesn't. I've been using them on alternate nights and am REALLY pleased with the results.

Let's take a look at the ingredients:

Key ingredients in the Active Serum: Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Arbutin Glycoside, Kojic Acid, Menthol.

Key ingredients in the Poly Vitamin Serum: Hyaluronic Acid Gel, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Vitamin E Acetate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Lysine, Glutamine, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Green Tea Extract.
(N.B. - the Poly Vitamin Serum is what they recommend so highly for skin that has been compromised by radiation or chemo therapy and is part of a huge ongoing project the company conducts with cancer patients. It's considered to be an intense reparative treatment.)

And finally!!!!
Key Ingredients in the Firming Complex: Hyaluronic Acid, Natural Hydroxy Fruit Acids, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin B5, Salicin Glycoside, Centella Asiatica Extract, Chamomile Oil, Green Tea Extract, Licorice Extract, Soluble Bioflavenoids.
(They describe it as intensive but mildly active as opposed to the Active serum which they call HIGHLY active and not meant for those with sensitive skin....)

God these people really should pay me!!! Laughing
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
....and now you've persuaded Winnie to go over to the other side. I can't believe it. I thought she had a religious calling from Alphaderma Laughing This stuff gets more powerful with every posting.
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, Katee. Looks like there is hardly any duplication between Firming and Active YET they say they are similar. Maybe the results are similar. I can see where the Active could be too much for my winter skin.

If I was a rich as you, Katee Very Happy I'd own the whole blessed line! I was trying to save Winnie some money to start. Then when she gets hooked (like us), she'll throw her money around like a drunken sailor. Wink

Like I said before, I started with the basics (I think you did too, right?) - Active, Super, Moist. Complex & Eye Complex. Next on my list is Pro-Heal (for ruddiness) and Poly-Vit just because. With what I bought in my basics, I look maaaaaavelous. I'm not sure I can bear having much more beautiful, glowing, clear skin. Laughing

Lexy
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
....This stuff gets more powerful with every posting.

Ain't that the truth. I'm pretty sure ISC will be running for President against Hillary. THAT's how powerful it's become!

I think we should keep quiet now so we'll be the only ones with perfect skin. People will be so jealous of our beauty! HA!

Lexy
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I was trying to save Winnie some money to start. Then when she gets hooked (like us), she'll throw her money around like a drunken sailor.

OK, I am thinking of trying the Firming Complex to start. I would also like to try the Active Serum in the evening with HydraCool over it (summer only). I emailed the company to ask how they wanted me to place my order: phone or web. It was mentioned I would get samples. Perhaps I can get the Active, Super and HydraCool for samples.

I think I will try it this way: Firming Complex in evening (no moisture over it?), JB's C&C, Prep, ADCE during the day. What ya think? hmm

Thanks for being so patient with me.

BTW what are you using for an SPF. As long as I use ADCE during the day I should be fine.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
My husband just told me I looked 'stunning' Very Happy Now may be a good time to come clean and show him the bills....or maybe not...I'll wait for a couple more compliments...for now I'll just keep taking from Peter to pay Paul Embarassed

Winnie, I don't think you'll need a moisturizer over firming cream, at least I don't. I DID enjoy the moist. cream (totally NOT greasy) over a serum a night-I used it over my sample of poly-vit. serum -really like this, it's really soothing. As for SPF, I use Skinceuticals ultimate spf 30-but then, I have pigmentation problems and oily skin. Believe it or not, I find it less greasy than the Jan Marini! Smile
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
God these people really should pay me!!!

They should Katee.
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie, I use the Skinceuticals Daily Defense SPF20. I've had it forever and it's still my first choice.

I don't have the Firming Cream so I can't help ya there. I use the Active at night with the luscious Moist. Complex over it.

Alexis
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie - I use JB products with IS Clinical, but I only use JB once a day.

I use the Firming Complex at night since it's an AHA product. I don't want to overdo AHAs, and I like that the FC is very effective but gentle at refining the skin's texture.

During the day, I use Super Serum (has 15% l-ascorbic acid), followed by Skin Prep (sometimes), ADCE and then Avene high SPF sunscreen (whose active ingredient won't be degraded by ADCE's octylmethoxycinnamate -- very important if you place a high value on ultimate sun protection like I do). As I said in an earlier post, I'm using my sample of Pro Heal (which contains a retinoid -- another reason not to use it during the daytime if you care about sun damage) over the Firming Complex at night, but only on lines and freckles. I may decide to get this product when my sample runs out because of the retinoid. But since products that treat lines and discoloration take a long time to work, I'm not certain yet if Pro Heal is great (unlike the Firming Complex). I'm assuming the Super Serum is helping - time will tell.

I'm 53 with somewhat dry skin in Winter and combination skin in Summer. ADCE provides enough moisture for me, along with the Avene sunscreen formula (there are many) I'm using, which is oily. In fact, now that it's humid, I have to dab some powder on my t-zone. I may need extra moisture in Winter but for now I don't.

I'm awaiting more comments about IS Clinical eye care (don't have any major problems there thankfully, except dryness in Winter), as well as any of their other products before I determine if I need anything besides Super Serum and Firming Complex.

Bottom line, my skin looks even better with the addition of IS Clinical, and I've only used it a week!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |