Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
::Review:IS Clinical - Absolute total and complete RAVE !!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
Katee, I have read about Tina Alster in numerous magazines. Does she ever talk about certain skincare lines that she uses? How is her skin?
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Her skin is absolutely unbelieveable looking and, although I don't know her exact age, from her bio, I'm certain she is well into her forties. The woman has no pores!!! I hate her....laughing.

Actually, I had asked her about IS Clinical products after an old college buddy of mine showed up here with the most incredible improvement in skin I have ever seen. Alster is very reluctant to talk about what she uses, but we chat alot and she finally told me she uses the IS Clinical line herself. She also said she uses the Skin Medica TNS Recovery Complex on and off - more off since she's been using the IS Clinical.

The co-director of her practice also uses the Skin Medica TNS Recovery Complex. She has just started using IS Clinical. She also has beautiful skin but she's only in her early thirties.

Neither of them wear a drop of foundation either!

Alster was involved in developing some products for Lancome. She doesn't push them in her practice though. She said its hard to develop a really good product for department store sales, but she was happy to consult for them because she said they have what she described as a good attitude and good ethics. I've used some Lancome cosmetics from time to time but I can't say I'm at all crazy about them. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the IS Clinical line though!
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
Katee,

You are a very persuasive person. I am so attempting to get a hold of the IS Clinical products, but I just received SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic.

Do you know where I can get some IS samples? They are so expensive, so I would like to try samples to make sure that I am not allergic to the products before purchasing them.

Thank you,

Rose
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Eeeeeek!!! OMG I'm soooo embarassed. I DO sound like a member of some IS Clinical CULT!!! Running and hiding..... Embarassed
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
I'm wondering where the estheticallycorrect orders are shipped from -- I ordered from them last Friday, and except for the initial confirmation, I've heard nothing. I wonder if their stock has run out, since I was unable to order a couple of other IS Clinical products on their site. I'm a little worried that without Hydracool, the Super Serum and Firming Complex could be too drying for me. I have combination skin -- it's only really oily in the summer. katee, do you know which IS products your college friend uses?

Meanwhile, I couldn't pass up the Alphaderma free sample kit from EDS, and ordered it the other day. It'll be my back-up in case the IS disappoints. I've gotten 2 emails from EDS already.

I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve -- maybe if I set out some milk and cookies my stuff will arrive sooner!!!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
She uses the same stuff I do. I don't know about the firming complex, but the Super Serum is like a turbo charged vitamin c serum and it isn't drying at all. The Hydracool is explicitly a moisturizing treatment - heavy with hyaluronic acid which grabs moisture.

The Active Serum is a VERY active exfoliator though. The Hydracool will soothe your skin after the Active Serum though.

While you're using the Active Serum, NEVER go out without sunscreen!!
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering if the new IS Clinical users like the products so far. I placed an order withwww.estheticallycorrect 2 weeks ago and haven't gotten it yet. I've tried to contact them 3 times and they won't respond. I'm assuming at this point I won't get my order. I need to check my credit card to see if they've charged my account. It's kinda turned me off to the whole idea of trying IS products, between the awful service and the nasty email the CEO sent that was mentioned on another thread.

BTW katee, I don't want you to think for a minute that I'm blaming you in any way for this problem I'm having. I can imagine that, judging from the tone of my postings on this subject, you may think that I'm inferring something of the sort. But I'm just venting here -- you loved the products, told us about your experience, and recommended a site with discount prices for this very expensive line. I would've done the same thing. Just because I'm bitching and fed up has nothing to do with you, and I hope I haven't made you feel bad.

In the meantime, I tried the Alphaderma 5 day sample kit from EDS and liked it very much. Unless others tell me that IS has done wonders for them too, I don't intend to buy the products Mad Mad Mad
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Actually, I ordered several products from estheticallycorrect.com on april 13 and the package arrived yesterday. Not great, but not the worst either....

More annoying was the fact that one of the items I ordered is on backorder. I understand that that happens sometimes, but they put thru the charge in its totality and said they would send the backordered item when it arrived. IMO, they should have deducted the amount when they put thru the charge... In their defense, my annoyance was quelled a bit by the fact that they stuffed the box so full of samples of the backordered item that it is probably the equivalent of getting a full sized one at no cost.

They ship from Tempe Arizona (i'm on the eastcoast), and since they ship via priority mail, there isn't any particular reason that it should take as long as it does.

I'm not sure what the deal is with them. I know they are in the process of redoing their website. My impression is that it isn't really a fullblown/full time commercial enterprise - or if it is, I think its a young one that is still working out the kinks in their operation.

I order from them because they have the lowest prices on IS Clinical prices and, as we've discussed, its a pricey line. At this point, since I'm reordering stuff, I don't mind waiting a little longer in return for the discount. I reorder before I run out, so it isn't all that big a deal to me.

I would never be dissuaded from using a product as a result of flawed customer service from a vendor. My opinion of the IS Clinical stuff hasn't changed a bit. I'm thoroughly in love with the line. As for ordering from estheticallycorrect.com, if you're a stickler for customer service, my own advice would be to find another place to buy the products. If you can live with their quirks, the discount they give (which I tend to think isn't going to last, since IS Clinical is obviously pissed off at them) is enough compensation for me to continue to use them. Wink
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Katee,

Thank you so much for your info. Do you know if they have a number that I can call. I feel more comfortable talking to someone before I place an order.

Rose
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm no idea.... I would check the website.
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply. I checked the website, but could not find a number.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
Katee, maybe because you're a return customer, your order was processed. I haven't received mine, nor any response to my customer service inquiries asking if the items I selected were on backorder. It's been 18 days. I just ordered some Alphaderma products after trying the 5 day sample kit -- it's really good stuff! Have you ever tried it? I'd be curious to know if you have, and how you'd compare the two lines.

April
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:25 am      Reply with quote
You may be right about better service for return customers... It certainly is clear that estheticallycorrect's service is AT BEST spottie!!! I'm not too pleased with them myself...

To answer your question - yes, I did try the Alpha Derma - I had purchased the skin prep, the AD, and okusil. In the beginning, I was pleased with the Alpha Derma - I liked the way my skin felt and, although it didn't look great, it looked more supple. It did zero to reduce pore size though and my skin always looked a little on the oily side.

The okusil was a disaster for me. When I started using it, I wanted something that was firming - but I didn't have much in the way of wrinkles under my eyes to start with. After using the okusil for a few weeks, the skin under my eyes seemed loose and was badly wrinkled. I tried using various hi end eyecreams and balms over it. Nothing helped. I finally stopped using the okusil and spent two weeks getting my eyes back to normal.

Around the same time, I saw an old college pal and had commented on how absolutely fabulous her skin looked - she was using IS Clinical, I checked it out, and the rest is, as they say, history Laughing

Some people here rave about the AlphaDerma and Winnie has posted her photos which show how well it works when it works. I know Cindi had similar problems with the okusil and so did a few others as I recall. I was particularly freaked out about it because, although I've tried products that didn't yield the results I wanted, I had never tried a product that created a problem I didn't have before!!!

I think it goes to the point that everyone's skin is different. Right now, my skin looks better than it has ever looked, and that is despite the fact that the last few months have been particularly stressful!
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Katee, I had trouble with Okusil, but I think I was using too much. I'll use it VERY sparingly (which is probably why the ratio in sizes of the other 2 products to it is 4:1). If the IS order ever arrives, I'll maybe alternate or else incorporate the Super Serum.

I've had a very stressful time lately with work and family concerns, and I agree with you that it takes a toll!!! Menopause may be the real culprit. Hopefully, these products will help. I'm like you -- I don't have many lines, etc. But at 53, I'm finally starting to show my age though not in need of plastic surgery. The Alphaderma products are the first I've used in a long time that provided visible results. While AHA's certainly help, Perricone, Prevage, StriVectin, etc. were a waste of money for me. Alphaderma has renewed my confidence that topicals can make a difference.
shirl
5% products discount

Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
M. April
I too finally put in my order for the super serum, firming cream and hydra cool. I'm 59 and hope it will help in the firming area. I've been debating on which products to order because they all seem to have some good ingrediants. I will be interested in how you like the IS Clinical line. Hope we like it as much as Katee.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
shirl - did you order your IS products fromwww.estheticallycorrect.com ? I haven't received mine yet and would be interested to know when you receive YOURS (if you ordered from that site). I'm anxious to try a Vit.C serum because so many here rave about them. The ADCE has 5% Vit.C, but I'd like to give something stronger a try. I'm wanting to reduce my freckles, a few of which have gotten larger this past year, and Vit.C is supposed to help. I was at the hair salon yesterday and looked at a SkinCeuticals brochure showing before and after photos (well-done pics using the exact same lighting, etc. -- no tricks) of people who've used their Vit.C serum and sunscreen for 12 mos. The difference was amazing, although most of the people had awful skin to begin with, thus there was plenty of room for improvement.

Even though I'm loving the immediate firming/lifting results I'm getting from the JB products (ADCE, Skin Prep and Okusil), I guess katee's enthusiasm is contagious!!!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
OMG OMG OMG....I've been so fanatical about the IS Clinical line that if others don't get the kind of results I've gotten, I'm starting to worry about a lynch mob!!!! (laughing....)

After my last visit to my derm, she gave me a healthy sample of the firming cream and told me to try alternating it with the Active Serum. I've started doing that and it too seems to be really hot stuff. Immediately firms and accentuates the contours of my face. I'll give it some time before I do a full review though.

m. april did you order Super Serum?? If you did, that should fulfill your vit c needs. It has a 15% vit c component and, as far as I know, the only higher concentration out there are the 20% offered by the main vit c producers, and a 25% C super serum that the Bliss Catalogue sells.

Before switching over to the IS Clinical line, I was using the vivier 20% C serum. Although the Super Serum has a slightly lower vit c concentration, I've got zero complaints about it.

Otherwise, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that y'all end up loving this stuff as much as I do.
shirl
5% products discount

Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered my IS Clinical from Skinterra. I know the products are more but I checked with them and they said if I had a reaction with any of the product they would refund within reason. I have sensitive skin so that is always a concern, especially when its expensive. However I am hoping it will work ok with my skin. I asked for some samples of the other IS Clinical products like the pro-heal and they said they would send them. I'll let you know if they do. Anyway really looking forward to trying them. I know things work different with everyone but hope we like them as much as Katee.
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered the firming cream for my neck awhile back. I have used it for several weeks. I like it but I am having an odd rash on my neck. Unfortunately, I went on a trip out of the country at the same time that I started using the cream, so I am not sure if the rash is from the trip or the cream. I have stopped using the cream this week and will try again next week to see if the rash returns.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2005 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Abejita...

I'm admittedly neurotic about following instructions precisely, but I know that the firming cream is a VERY active product. My dermatologist really stressed that, when I used the Active Serum or the Firming cream, that I should absolutely be sure to follow it with the HydraCool Serum. The other thing she stressed was that I could never be negligent about applying sunscreen when using these products.

One morning, I went for a quick run with my dogs without bothering about anything but lacing up my running shoes. It never occurred to me to be concerned about sunscreen. The early morning sun isn't that strong and I never burn anyway. Wrong wrong wrong !! That is a mistake I won't make again...

I'm not in any position to determine why your skin is reacting, or what it might be reacting to, but if you were using the stuff without the HydraCool, you might want to explore adding the HydraCool before you discontinue using the Firming cream, presuming, of course, that you were pleased with the results you were getting..
shirl
5% products discount

Mon May 02, 2005 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
April
I received my IS Clinical products today from Skinterra. I will let you know how I like them and hope you receive yours soon.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 02, 2005 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for letting me know, Shirl. I (hopefully) cancelled my order from the estheticallycorrect website since it's taken so long and they won't respond to my emails. I'm leaving town on Wednesday, so I don't want to order from skinterra yet. I was so hoping to have started the IS products by now Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad . I wish I could buy it where I'm going: Vancouver BC, Seattle and Portland. I'll keep checking to see how you like it!!!

April
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 04, 2005 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Katee,

I have been using it with the hydra-cool (which I love) the rash came back after a week of not using it, so I can only assume that it is the firming cream, which is too bad because it is very nice. I returned it today in exchange for the IS clinical Eye Complex. I have a sample of this that I have been using for a bit and I really like it. I have been alternating the eye complex with my cellcosmet eye cream, as I don't believe the eye complex is as moisturizing but it has all kind of other goodies in it.

Liz
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 04, 2005 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Awww Liz that really is a shame! I didn't start out using the Firming Complex, but I'm using it now and I love it.

I don't use their eye products and have been super curious about them. Right now I'm engaged in a love affair with Cellcosmet Laughing I'll be REALLY interested to hear about your experience with the eye stuff. Pleeez let us know....
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 04, 2005 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
You know, it is really weird. For the past year or so, the skin from my neck down has just been super sensitive. I had the same problem with the jergens self tanner...I broke out in a rash.

I have been using the eye complex sample for about a month now and it is really nice. It has a wonderful smoothing effect. But I don't think that I could use it everyday because it is not as nourishing as my cellcosmet. I really didn't need anymore eyecream, but skinterra will only let you exchange products that you are allergic to, you can't get your money back. They really didn't have anything else that caught my eye. The Eye complex isn't nice enought to replace cellcosmet's eye cream, but it is a nice addition.

Isn't Cellcosmet's products wonderful???? I really tried not to love them, but I do. I use the cleansing gel, eye cream and gel, preventive day and night cream and the dual exfoiliater. Nice stuff!!

Liz
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |