Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review:IS Clinical - Absolute total and complete RAVE !!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Goofygal
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
I have received my Super Serum sample. It's watery and dries fast. Is this how it should be? As it doesn't come with instructions, appreciate some advice on the usage instruction. I use about 4 droplets for my whole face and spread it over areas that concerned me. Not sure if that's too much or too little.

Thanks!
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:17 am      Reply with quote
With my Super Serum, I use about half the droper, and spread it over my entire face and neck. It is watery and skinks in fast and leaves NO shine! (unlike EVERY other C serum I have tried... PSF, SkinCeuticals etc)

I am sooooo in love with this serum!! Very Happy
Goofygal
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Lucinda!

Also, like to know if I can use Neutrogena Visibly Firm Day Moisturizer which has Copper actives over Super Serum? I thought someone mentioned before that Vit C and Copper should not mix. I don't want to reduce the Super Serum's effectiveness.

Thanks!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi Goofy
It's not advisable to use the Neutrogena over it. There are two reasons; firstly Copper Peptides neutralise Vitamin C on the skin (not once it's established in the deeper layers) and secondly the kind of Copper Peptides used in Neutrogena are "first generation' which are not stable in an acid environment, which you're Superserum should be.
You could use them both spaced apart, for example one AM, one PM.
HTH Molly Smile
Goofygal
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Molly! Definitely will use it separately as advised. Much appreciated.
Zanamer
5% products discount

Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:27 am      Reply with quote
I had never heard of this line, but I received a sample of Active Serum a few weeks ago. I have oily, acne prone skin and....wow! I had to go online and find out about this stuff and, of course, it brought me right back to this forum....lol! I've used it for 5 days now and my pores are visibly smaller....yay!!!! I wish this line wasn't as pricey. No. I take that back. I just wish I had a potload of $$$$$ Laughing
shantel
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
OK... I just received my order form EDS with two samples of Active Serum & HydraCool Very Happy , & as I was not sure what they were, I did some searching & OMG I am so excited now after reading all 11 pages of unstopable ravings here. I can't wait to use it & I think tonight is a night. So please could somebody just recommend the best way to use them in order to achieve a maximum result. I have oily acne prone skin btw. Is my understanding correct that Active Serum & HydroCool have to be used together (one after another obviously)? I would prefer to use it at night (since I can't wait till morning anyway now Rolling Eyes & just in case if my skin won't like I will have the whole night to calm it down). I've just recently received my PSF O2 Rescue Serum that I cant just stop myself from spraying it over & over again (i it), so I would appreciate if somebody could suggest how can I incorporate my PSF O2 Serum, ISC Active Serum & ISC HydraCool in my PM skin care regime. Thank you for your help.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
shantel wrote:
I've just recently received my PSF O2 Rescue Serum that I cant just stop myself from spraying it over & over again (i it), so I would appreciate if somebody could suggest how can I incorporate my PSF O2 Serum, ISC Active Serum & ISC HydraCool in my PM skin care regime. Thank you for your help.

I just started using some of the ISC products a few weeks back and love them! I have the Super Serum (which I use AM) and Active Serum (PM). As for your question, I believe you are supposed to put the HydraCool on after the Active Serum. I don't have the HydraCool yet, so I use my PSF Moisture Balancing Lotion over top. And I also have the PSF 02 Serum, which I put on first (followed by the Active Serum and then the Moisture Lotion) HTH! Smile
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, It seems that their is a lot of products being applied on your skin, Moonstar?

Did you say 2 different serums in your AM routine? Can you do that?
shantel
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for your suggestion.

So what I am going to do tonight is:
1. My beloved Yon-Ka Gel Nettoyant
(-) probably I will skip Dr.H CC
2. Spray of Caudalie Beaty Elixir as a toner
3. PSF O2 Rescure Serum
4. ISC Active Serum
5?????. PSF again possibly since I heard its beneficial to "sandwich" it
6. ISC HydraCool Serum
7??? And how about another spray of PSF O2 (just cant get enough of that)

Please, please, please could somebody advise if my plan looks reasonable enough?
Also another question please. How long should I wait in between? I mean should I allow some time for Active Serum to do its wonders Rolling Eyes before I will apply HydraCool serum? Thank you so much. I really appreciate all your help & support.
shantel
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Wow, It seems that their is a lot of products being applied on your skin, Moonstar?

Yeah, but the second Serum is just an oxygen...
Since Oxygen is chemically inert, and therefore will not produce any type of allergic reaction. It is scientifically impossible. Oxygen Serum transports huge volumes of oxygen to tissues, thus activating tissue-breathing processes, and allowing for more effective penetration of other active ingredients such as retinol, peptides, vitamins, and botanicals, so I think in this case there is nothing wrong with applying "2 diffrent serums".
shantel
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="shantel"]Thank you for your suggestion.

So what I am going to do tonight is:
1. My beloved Yon-Ka Gel Nettoyant
(-) probably I will skip Dr.H CC
2. Spray of Caudalie Beaty Elixir as a toner
3. PSF O2 Rescure Serum
4. ISC Active Serum
5?????. PSF again possibly since I heard its beneficial to "sandwich" it
6. ISC HydraCool Serum
7??? And how about another spray of PSF O2 (just cant get enough of that)

/quote]

OK Since I couldn't wait any longer, I just did it. Very Happy

As of right now I feeling totally great, will see how I will look tomorrow morning though.

I noticed a great difference the way Active serum & HydroCool serum were spreading over my skin. (My first experience ever). I used just 2-3 drops of Active serum & it was more then enough Shock . It tingled (and I am one of those people who doesn't usually have any tingling sensations ever). So this staff is pretty ACTIVE. It didn't sink in my skin right away, so I was waiting at least 5-7 minutes for Active Serum to "dry out". Then I sprayed some PSF 02 Rescue Serum, waited another 3-4 minutes & then I applied HydraCool (the moment it touched my face - my skin just drank it Shock - immediately ). That was amazing for me - never experienced something like that before!
So now I look very BRIGHT (almost too bright - almost shiny bright - I would not want to look like that in the morning). I have zero blackheads, clear pores Very Happy but still pretty visible - not minimized unfortunately, skin feels very firm & bouncy but not tight, feels matte enough but doesn't look matte at all. Will post an update tomorrow. Now time for a beauty sleep Very Happy !
shantel
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:55 am      Reply with quote
My promised morning update:

I woke up definitely on a greasy side (I have not applied Decleor's Ylang Ylang Oil) .

My pores are clear (ZERO blackheads), they are appear smaller compare to last night, but anyway it is all good & dandy BUT that is not what I am amazed about! OMG I hope I see what I see is true.... - I have some acne marks (that are still there but less noticeable), but my acne scars are GONE Shock !!! My face looks very smooth (actually it never ever looked that smooth before - & what I had after JB Green Apple Peel - my skin felt smooth, but certainly didn't look as smooth as it looks now) with all the acne scars filled Shock . I am hoping that its not a temporarily change, because I love the result. Pray I will keep you updated.... I don't think I will be adding any serums to my AM skincare regime for now... , probably just my PSF Oxygen.... & I will use Decleor's oils today - will see if it helps to eliminate my current shine Very Happy
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:23 am      Reply with quote
shantel your order of application sounds good. I would skip the Caudalie Elixir but that is just me and I see nothing wrong with you using it! I also agree with a wait period between the Active serum and the Hydracool. Your results are impressive. Can you give a little more details about your acne scars? It sounds to me like you are referring to acne scars that were depressions in your skin and not red marks. Is this right? If so it is possible that the hydrating and plumping action of the Active/Hydracool serums is partially responsible for them disappearing.
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:23 am      Reply with quote
I have to admit that the active serum seems to be too "gentle" for my "rhino" skin. I started to use it back in May and yet i cannot see any difference really. I'm going to use up the bottle but most probably not going to repurchase it afterwards. I must really force myself to use up the hydracool as i just don't like the sticky feeling i have with it.
I like the texture of Super Serum (definitely better than the texture of C+E Ferulic - but this is very much depending on everybody's skin type), it could be a candidate for repurchase (or considering to switch to something with higher percentage of VitC) - however, I didn't like that the colour of the SS serum changed to dark orange within two months... (the vial was kept in dark and closed).
So, i keep on searching...
shantel
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:43 am      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
It sounds to me like you are referring to acne scars that were depressions in your skin and not red marks. Is this right? If so it is possible that the hydrating and plumping action of the Active/Hydracool serums is partially responsible for them disappearing.

Yes, TheresaL, thank you, that what I was referring to. I apologize for my limited vocabulary (English is not even a second language for me).
Anyway, its definitely ISC Hydra-Cool Serums' (I suspect Hyaluronic Acid) that is doing this plumping wonder. I just washed it off & the plumping effect is partially (70-80%) gone with it. I still like the way I look better then for example how I looked 2 night ago. I will continue to use Active/Hydracool combination as long as my samples will last. Last night was the first time I ever used it. However being an impulse buyer, I don't really have that huge desire right now to invest $200+ for the results I got. Thanks God Rolling Eyes , just last month I spent over $300 with EDS, so I should continue enjoying what I've already got without throwing more money.

Idea What I consider to purchase though is HA & used it as moisturizer. Someone very nice on this board recommended it & I liked the effect that I experiences with HA (in HydraCool), so I think I might do that instead (you can certainly spend less then $80 to get the same amount of HA). Also my feeling is that ISC is a great line for somebody who is older a bit then me (I am 23 & I think for my current skin concerns & condition I might find better way to spent $200). I will continue checking this thread & will be looking forward to read other peoples raves & comments.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:46 am      Reply with quote
shantel actually I think your English is very good! Keep us up to date with your progress. I am particularly interested to see if you achieve the same results using plain HA instead of Active/Hydracool serums. I don't have issues with acne scars myself but I am curious about what different products will do.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:

No, the Super is in the AM and the Active at night. I don't think I use too many products (cut back from what it used to be! Smile ).

After cleansing AM: PSF 02 Serum, Super Serum, then my moisturizer. And then PM after cleansing, 02 Serum, Active Serum and then moisturizer. And sometimes I'll use the PSF Balancing Oil after the Super in the AM in the tzone only.

Do you think that's too many? I wonder if I should only use the 02 Serum either AM or PM. Is it bad to layer different serums? (ie. the 02 and either the Super or Active)
shantel
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
OK! My mid. day update:

MY SKIN IS PEELING Shock

I mean still looks good, no redness, nice healthy color... I saw some tiny flakes & I thought its my MMU powder is not behaving, so I cleansed it & realized that it is my skin that is peeling. Amazingly enough it is peeling in those spots where I had my imperfections: reddish spots after acne + some acne scars. So I am currently debating should I be scared or excited.... I am really hoping that this peeling is good for me, since it occurred only on this specific spots....
OK I am not debating anymore - I decided to get excited Very Happy - so I just applied hydracool & will see...

PS My skin didn't (doesn't) feel dry AT ALL.... so this peeling is very different than the peeling I've experienced once when I just dried out my skin with benzoyl peroxide for instance.
shantel
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Damn! I can't hold myself - THIS STAFF IS AMAZING! Shock
I just applied this Hydra-Cool & a baby skin skin compare to mine looks rough Laughing

Where is this BUY button! Laughing

Also I remember somebody mentioned sticky feel after application - not for me - I feel I have nothing on my face at all, just smooth (but not silky feel as I can achieve with JB GA peel - I hope my explanations make any sense).

I wish somebody who uses ISC line can comment somehow. Am I hallucinating?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I always use hydracool after the super, proheal or active and I love it. It isn't sticky for me and it does plump a little in my case! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Annie R, how do you like ISC Active Serum? What does it do for you if don't mind me asking. Any peeling in your case?
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
shantel wrote:
I just applied this Hydra-Cool & a baby skin skin compare to mine looks rough Laughing

Darnit! Now I want to buy some right away too! Sounds like something I'd like to try sooner than later. Oh, why's it have to be so expensive ... but worth it. Smile
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Is it the Active serum that is making you peel? That must be good! That is what it is supposed to do and it is not drying out your skin? Must be the hydacool.

wow. I just ordered Super Serum and I can't wait to get it. I did not plan to buy the hydracool ( I know it is a moisterizer and it was suggested that I buy Valmont moisterizer because of my skin type) It was not suggested that I buy Active serum also because of my medication but I think I should get it and use it when I feel like I will be getting acne from pms ing?
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
shantel wrote:

Also I remember somebody mentioned sticky feel after application - not for me - I feel I have nothing on my face at all, just smooth (but not silky feel as I can achieve with JB GA peel - I hope my explanations make any sense).

I wish somebody who uses ISC line can comment somehow. Am I hallucinating?

I agree. I don't find the Hydracool sticky at all. Just makes my skin smooth and soft.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |