Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
:: My personal obagi review! ::
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
hi.
Ok i'm sure many of you on the forum have tried obagi products, I bought the blender back in october and Just did it on and off maybe a few times a month, I mean my breakouts where gone, and my skin looked fresh, but just recently I did the whole 6 weeks, and I must say this is unlike any other skin care product i've used, I HAVE NEW SKIN!!!!!!! looks totally different. Ofcourse there was the redness and flakes. and people looking at me like I just walked out of a oven but I would do it any day, I used the blender with retin-A and the sunfader in the day,

I had very deep blackheads on my 4 head and nose,90% gone, I had acne scares, 95% gone! on my cheeks, I had HOLES if you will from that really deep acne, you can hardly tell anymore, i'm sure If i do it again..it will take them away once and for all. this is an amazing product line!!!!! Very Happy I've very happy with what I see, Just wanted to share that with you guys... krys.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Wow, well done Im confused however as to why the blender... Confused I'll try anything that gets rid of deep blackheads.
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
ok i'm not happy now,. i stopped obagi for about a week now, i really haven't been using anything on my face.just SPF. omg i got like 20 breakouts on my face. i don't know whats going on. i applied obagi on 2nite again. I don't know what happened???
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:02 am      Reply with quote
Ooopssss. Hope you dont have an "AGA" breakout. Lets hope the Obagi puts you back on track. Is there any reason you stopped using it.
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Cindi wrote:
Ooopssss. Hope you dont have an "AGA" breakout. Lets hope the Obagi puts you back on track. Is there any reason you stopped using it.
Well yes.. I did my 6 weeks, am i to keep using it? I thought it was just a few times per year type of thing.???
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
My great personal story has become a nitemare... omg I've never looked worst, What the Hell is going oN? ANYONE? I"m breaking out everywhere!!! i'm really getting depressed....
Suzy

Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I am into my fourth week of the initial Obagi restoration regime. Have already had comments about how good my skin looks. I wear NO make up (not even powder) at this point other than eyeliner and mascara. By afternoon I look like I've got a sunburn, and I do flake (I wouldn't call it peeling at this point). All in all, I'm pretty pleased. I have had some spots pop up on my face that I never saw before. I am concerned about what happened after 6 weeks. I am wondering what the "maintanance" part of the program could be. And, I miss using a moisturizer. I am also wondering about the "C" products and regime that Obagi offers. Does anyone have experience with them?
furry fish
5% products discount

Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:51 am      Reply with quote
The maintenance programme actually maintains the results you have achieved after your new skin has revealed. My mom is currently undergoing the maintenance programme which she was advised to peel on alternate day for two months and use the Vit. C serum day and night. She is currently 56 years old and her skin looks very nice. I guess there is different maintenance program for different age group. It would be advisable to seek consultation from the Obagi consultant.
furry fish
5% products discount

Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:24 am      Reply with quote
Cindi wrote:
Wow, well done Im confused however as to why the blender... Confused I'll try anything that gets rid of deep blackheads.

The blender contains 4%hydroquinone, which is responsible for the whitening of our skin. I have undergone the Obagi peeling programme and my face has become fairer and clearer. For blackheads,I would recommend you to use the Obagi Exfoderm.Just apply it on your black head area before you apply the blender with retine A. The blackheads will be gone after a few applications.
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:42 am      Reply with quote
Skinprofusion - has your skin calmed down yet?

The only Obagi product I'm using so far is the Cffectives High Potency 10% Vitamin C Serum which contains 10% L-ascorbic acid. So far, I'm really happy with it. It smells fresh, goes on easily and I'm convinced my sunspot has faded.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:52 am      Reply with quote
freefall2 wrote:
Skinprofusion - has your skin calmed down yet?

The only Obagi product I'm using so far is the Cffectives High Potency 10% Vitamin C Serum which contains 10% L-ascorbic acid. So far, I'm really happy with it. It smells fresh, goes on easily and I'm convinced my sunspot has faded.
WEll it did. and then i started using it again, the acne i broke out with cleared. up.. i'm going to stop in a few days again.. hopefully this time it wown't come back..
queenbluebee
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:13 am      Reply with quote
Wow, I started my first day on Obagi and look forward to the next few weeks of dryness.
However, I really look forward to the end results of old ugly, dark acen scars being removed.

Wish me luck...
Suzy

Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Am almost at the end of the 5th week of the first "regime". Still flaking, still getting red in the afternoon. I am really getting tired of my face feeling dry all the time. I have always used moisturizers and I really miss that soft feeling. The "age spots" are disappearing or barely visible, which is great. The dryness makes me feel wrinkled, but I still get compliments on my skin. I hope maintenance has some moisturizer included!
trueblu
5% products discount

Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Suzy.....Have you tried the Action?? It is supposed to help with all of the dryness, reddness and itching. I have not had to use mine yet but my friend says it really helps!
grossy

Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:26 am      Reply with quote
skinprofusion- How is your skin now? The Obagi system is really meant to be a skin program that corrects the problems over time, so it's something you probably just have to consult your dermatologist about. I work at a spa and people here seem to have positive results. Your skin might be a bit sensitive, but give it time. Hopefully it will all work out for you!
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
grossy wrote:
skinprofusion- How is your skin now? The Obagi system is really meant to be a skin program that corrects the problems over time, so it's something you probably just have to consult your dermatologist about. I work at a spa and people here seem to have positive results. Your skin might be a bit sensitive, but give it time. Hopefully it will all work out for you!
i've been off obagi for i'll say about 2 weeks. my skin is not doing so bad. it's much much lighter and brighter! witch I really like.. i'm still getting small little break outs where I never really got them before. which it weird. i'm not putting any type of acid on my face . just kinda letting it relax .. i have a dermatologist app thursday.. about something else. but i'm going to ask him what i've been doing and maybe he has the answer for me.. thanks for asking.. i'll let you know what he says.
Suzy

Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Well, six weeks of obagi and I must say I like the results as far as how my skin looks. The "age" spots are gone and most of the sun damaged dark areas are invisible really. I have to say that I'm not thrilled about STILL flaking, but them I'm still doing the entire regime every day. I "cheated" when I got very tired of feeling like my skin was dry and rough and used some moisturizer, but at least I didn't notice any breaking out. I still miss moisturizing like crazy because, although it may look good, I don't like the way my face feels most of the time -- not very soft and pretty dry. I'll stick with it but am anxious to find out what "maintenance" truly means.

Oh, used the Sunblock 24 for the first time. HATE IT. It stays white and made me look like a MIME. But it doesn't burn or anything, so my skin must be adjusting to the whole program. I can always hope!
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi Suzy,
I had the following instructions for Maintaining results. I am just going to copy it word for word and hope it helps you.

In order to maintain your results with Obagi System, continue to use your cleanser and toner on a daily basis, and apply sunfader,Sunblock or Healthy skin protection during the day. Clear, blender +retin-A, and exfoderm (forte) should be applied twice a week. Action,eye cream, Cffectives and tolereen can also be used on a daily basis.
You should resume using your products on a daily basis for a period of 4 weeks every 2-3 months. This will keep your skin constantly stimulated with healthy skin cells.

I have been using the system a bit more aggressively in the last week. I am liking the way my skin is starting to look, red dots disappearing gradually. Face not red any more (thank him upstairs) and I don't seem to be peeling anymore. Which I am not sure if that is a good or bad thing. Going to keep going until skin looks wonderful.

Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much!! That makes more sense that looking like I've been in a fire the rest of my life!
kookykitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! I'm excited and nervous about starting the system myself. I start tonight and the results seem mixed. So, from what I'm reading here, your skin peels in the beginning then it definitely purges itself and breaks out a bit after a few weeks, then it peels again, gets clear and smooth, then breaks out again, then peels, and then you see the finished new skin results? I can understand the breakouts from the exfoliating and the underlying congestion surfaces, but I was hoping that the system also included a treatment for it so that it would zap the areas being purged as they came out so you wouldn't get those pimples and such. Has anyone here done the Bue Peel in conjuction with the system? i am planning on doing the system for 6 weeks then doing the blue peel as I have really oily skin with acne scars and those ice pick scars from past breakouts that I would love to banish forever! :P
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:23 am      Reply with quote
I haven't had any breakouts. Then again I have only ever had about 2 spots in my whole life.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
I haven't had any breakouts. Then again I have only ever had about 2 spots in my whole life.

Hi, loopylori(love your username! Razz )

Wow! Only 2 pots in your entire life?!? I sooo wish I could say the same! I've been battling spots since I was 10 and I have the *battle scars* to prove it. lol! Hopefully, Obagi will banish them for me! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2005 4:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi kookykitty,
I like your username too. I would guess looking at it that we think along similar lines. Laughing
I hope you get the results from Obagi that you want. It takes dedication to stick too. Not the easiest thing I have ever done.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2005 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, Loopylori! Smile

Lol! Yes,it does look like we think along the same line! Laughing

I'm on Day 3 of the Obagi and I notice that I am starting to breakout. There is no redness or peeling, yet, but I am definitely getting into the brekout period. I've already told my friends and family that I will be a hermit for awhile until the magic that is Obagi works and I get that lovely smooth skin at the end of the 6 weeks! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 02, 2005 6:25 am      Reply with quote
kookykitty wrote:
Hello, Loopylori! Smile

Lol! Yes,it does look like we think along the same line! Laughing

I'm on Day 3 of the Obagi and I notice that I am starting to breakout. There is no redness or peeling, yet, but I am definitely getting into the brekout period. I've already told my friends and family that I will be a hermit for awhile until the magic that is Obagi works and I get that lovely smooth skin at the end of the 6 weeks! Smile
give it another week. I'm sure you'll be peeling by then. funning you say about hermit from friends and family. i was the same way.. well from some people. and then when way saw me... their Like OMG!!!!! your skin looks so GREAT!!! and i'm like Yes i know.. i know. hehe Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |