Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
EMERGENCY Please help me right away!!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:02 am      Reply with quote
I tried Olay's microdermabrasion kit. I used it the first time last week and didn't have issues (the two exfoliating products and the cleanser brush and buffer brush). Then I used the cleanser brush everyday to cleanse my skin at night. Two night ago, it was a week later and time to do microdermabrasion again so I used the two products and the cleanser brush and buffer brush again. I may have stayed too long on my chin a little bit I'm not sure. I fell asleep and forgot to apply moisturizer after washing the microdermabrasion products off after buffering. The next morning my skin still looked fine until I started singing later in the day and really was stretching my skin on my chin. That's when I realized my skin felt oddly tight and I went to the bathroom mirror to see that these two spots on both sides of my chin look pink!! They had formed from the act of stretching my skin too much. It has remained this way for over 24 hours now. I put on moisturizer as soon as I realized this. My skin stung a bit. The pink hasn't died down though. Also, when I look up close and I stretch my skin to get a good look at my chin, I see tiny slits on my chin I never noticed before!! I think they may be new.

Please tell me what I can do to take care of my skin. I think the microdermabrasion must have been too harsh for me in that area. Can this type of reaction happen??
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, sounds like it was too harsh. I'd use gentle stuff for now, no acids or strong cleanser. Put on a gentle moisturizer. If I were me, I'd put on a little Aquaphor, but its greasy, so may not work for everyone. Maybe a Cereve or Cetaphil moisturizer.

I'd skip microdermabrasion until it heals, then approach it again with caution.

You should be fine with a little time to heal. We've all overdone it with something...
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds like you over did it a bit. I would use something with healing properties like aloe vera gel for a while. It's probably a bit burnt and irritated. It will heal. Just give it time.
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Ollie wrote:
Sounds like you over did it a bit. I would use something with healing properties like aloe vera gel for a while. It's probably a bit burnt and irritated. It will heal. Just give it time.

Thanks for your response. These tiny slits in the skin are worrying me though. I already have a terrible strange skin texture from skin problems a few years ago and this area didn't have that but now there are these tiny slits that I don't think will go away. Do you have any idea why these slits would form?

I'm nervous to wear makeup now. I need to wear makeup Friday for Halloween and now I don't think I can.
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:13 am      Reply with quote
How big are the slits on your chin? Are they open. Can you send me a pic of them. I mean I'm not a dermatologist but I've certainly had my share of overdoing many things and have had many burns from doing so. All of which have healed up nicely with no scarring. You just have to be patient. I would forego the make up for Halloween tho. I wouldn't risk putting anything on my face esp the slits. just aloe vera gel or maybe some Neosporin. Have you thought about making an appt to see a derm?
AmyNaturDerm
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:33 am      Reply with quote
I agree with ShastaGirl, you over did it…
My Father-in Law is a Dermatologist and his non-stop recommendation for irritations is plain old aloe vera gel, has never failed me yet – straight from the plant is best as the enzymes and actives are real!

< mod snip >

I don’t know which one you used but here are the ingredients in both.
As I said, most don’t contain Corundum Crystal (Alumina) but a synthetic bauxite blend, but these products don’t even have that…they use sodium bicarbonate (Baking Soda), with silica, which is really bad as alkaline bases are opposite the pH of your skin!, and negate all the anti-aging goodies you want to benefit from…
in your case, you either had an added increase of:
Butylene Glycol, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA – all irritants and then Lactic Acid
or
3% Avobenzone, 15% Homosalate, 5% Octisalate, 2.6% Octocrylene, 6% Oxybenzone. which are UV Chemicals and irritants (some banned now in EU), with a variety of irritants:
Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polyethylene, Pentylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, PEG 100 Stearate, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium Edta, PEG 4 Dilaurate, PEG 4 Laurate, PEG 4, BHT, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, C13 14 Isoparaffin and then Ascorbic Acid.

Propyl Paraben as of today is banned for use for under age 3 in the EU and limits on amounts in products for the EU were just increased.
Microdermabrasion will increase the absorption of any product applied after use.

Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion & Peel System $23.99
Ingredients:
Microdermabrasion Treatment with Derma-Crystals (Net wt 2.2oz/64g): Peg-8, Sodium Bicarbonate, Silica Silylate, Polysorbate 20, Niacinamide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Fragrance, Yellow 5, Red 40
Peel Activator Serum (2fl ox/59mL): Water, Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Butylene Glycol, DMDM Hydantoin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Disodium EDTA, Dimethiconol,

and the:
Olay ProX Microdermabrasion Plus Advanced Cleansing System Bonus Pack $49.99

Thermal Crystal Polisher Ingredients: PEG 8, Sodium Bicarbonate, Silica Silylate, Polysorbate 20.
Age Repair Lotion: Active Ingredients: 3% Avobenzone, 15% Homosalate, 5% Octisalate, 2.6% Octocrylene, 6% Oxybenzone. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polyethylene, Pentylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Palmitoyl Dipeptide 7, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide 4, Carnosine, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, PEG 100 Stearate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Allantoin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Disodium Edta, Ascorbic Acid, PEG 4 Dilaurate, PEG 4 Laurate, PEG 4, Decyl Glucoside, Lactic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Dimethiconol, Behenyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, BHT, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Citric Acid, Laureth 7, Titanium Dioxide.

Hope this is helpful ~ be careful what you use on your skin for awhile til it all calms down...

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Ollie wrote:
How big are the slits on your chin? Are they open. Can you send me a pic of them. I mean I'm not a dermatologist but I've certainly had my share of overdoing many things and have had many burns from doing so. All of which have healed up nicely with no scarring. You just have to be patient. I would forego the make up for Halloween tho. I wouldn't risk putting anything on my face esp the slits. just aloe vera gel or maybe some Neosporin. Have you thought about making an appt to see a derm?

Hi Ollie, I couldn't capture the slits on my chin with my iphone, but I plan to take some with my camera and see if i can get a visual for sending to you. The slits are still there, now I wonder if I already had them before and never noticed them, I'm not sure. I can see them when I stretch my skin but relaxed, not really. They are very tiny slits, they are hard to describe they don't look like regular cuts where bleeding possibly occured. They seem almost like thin tiny indented damaged skin.
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
AmyNaturDerm wrote:
I agree with ShastaGirl, you over did it…
My Father-in Law is a Dermatologist and his non-stop recommendation for irritations is plain old aloe vera gel, has never failed me yet – straight from the plant is best as the enzymes and actives are real!

< mod snip >

I don’t know which one you used but here are the ingredients in both.
As I said, most don’t contain Corundum Crystal (Alumina) but a synthetic bauxite blend, but these products don’t even have that…they use sodium bicarbonate (Baking Soda), with silica, which is really bad as alkaline bases are opposite the pH of your skin!, and negate all the anti-aging goodies you want to benefit from…
in your case, you either had an added increase of:
Butylene Glycol, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA – all irritants and then Lactic Acid
or
3% Avobenzone, 15% Homosalate, 5% Octisalate, 2.6% Octocrylene, 6% Oxybenzone. which are UV Chemicals and irritants (some banned now in EU), with a variety of irritants:
Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polyethylene, Pentylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, PEG 100 Stearate, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium Edta, PEG 4 Dilaurate, PEG 4 Laurate, PEG 4, BHT, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, C13 14 Isoparaffin and then Ascorbic Acid.

Propyl Paraben as of today is banned for use for under age 3 in the EU and limits on amounts in products for the EU were just increased.
Microdermabrasion will increase the absorption of any product applied after use.

Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion & Peel System $23.99
Ingredients:
Microdermabrasion Treatment with Derma-Crystals (Net wt 2.2oz/64g): Peg-8, Sodium Bicarbonate, Silica Silylate, Polysorbate 20, Niacinamide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Fragrance, Yellow 5, Red 40
Peel Activator Serum (2fl ox/59mL): Water, Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Butylene Glycol, DMDM Hydantoin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Disodium EDTA, Dimethiconol,

and the:
Olay ProX Microdermabrasion Plus Advanced Cleansing System Bonus Pack $49.99

Thermal Crystal Polisher Ingredients: PEG 8, Sodium Bicarbonate, Silica Silylate, Polysorbate 20.
Age Repair Lotion: Active Ingredients: 3% Avobenzone, 15% Homosalate, 5% Octisalate, 2.6% Octocrylene, 6% Oxybenzone. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polyethylene, Pentylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Palmitoyl Dipeptide 7, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide 4, Carnosine, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, PEG 100 Stearate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Allantoin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Disodium Edta, Ascorbic Acid, PEG 4 Dilaurate, PEG 4 Laurate, PEG 4, Decyl Glucoside, Lactic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Dimethiconol, Behenyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, BHT, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Citric Acid, Laureth 7, Titanium Dioxide.

Hope this is helpful ~ be careful what you use on your skin for awhile til it all calms down...

Hi, thank you this was very informative and helpful. I can't believe Olay would make such terrible products! I always loved Olay and am shocked they would use ingredients that compromise the skin instead of helping it. I would never have known this information if it wasn't for you. How did you educate yourself on this? I would like to educate myself as well but don't know how and where to start.

Do you have a recommendation for microdermabrasion at home? Do you think I can still use the machine for cleansing my face at night with my cleanser to really get off my makeup or that maybe is too harsh for my skin based off what happened? For the record, I used the second microderm system by Olay that you posted (the bonus pack for $50).

Also, you mentioned PH of skin. Sorry if I sound foolish in asking these questions but how do I know what my PH is? And how do I know if products I'm using are a good PH for my skin?
adamwilson

Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
A bit safer way to do Microdermabrasion at home is using micro-crystals rather than machine or device, as we can simply mix the natural crystals with cream, gel or oil of our choice, gently massage, wash the cream off thoroughly, use shower if required then use our own moisturizer or nourishing cream. We have recently used one of them from needcrystals at 1 lb contains 99.41 pure white aluminum oxide.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |