Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do you guys drink milk?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
radhika rohith
5% products discount

Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
Some says, drinking milk can make you look younger.I know a lady 68 year old, she still looks pretty young for her age.Her face is full and she said me she drinks a glass of milk daily and that helps to keep the volume on cheeks and make her look so young.But recently,they says milk is bad and will age you.I am confused...do you people drink milk daily? pls share your positive or negative experience.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:49 am      Reply with quote
When I was first pregnant with my son, I was told by doctors to drink lots of milk to help baby develop. With my second pregnancy there were lots of health scares and I was told to avoid milk at all costs. My third pregnancy I was told to drink milk - and so I can definitely confirm there are lots of conflicting views out there. They seem to change their mind each year on it. I know my grandfather when he was a live, and he lived to a ripe old age of 98 years and was active through his later years, used to drink copious amounts of milk, and he was told several times not to drink milk because they didn't think it was the best choice, but he ignored them.
Lin1313
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:21 am      Reply with quote
radhika rohith wrote:
Some says, drinking milk can make you look younger.I know a lady 68 year old, she still looks pretty young for her age.Her face is full and she said me she drinks a glass of milk daily and that helps to keep the volume on cheeks and make her look so young.But recently,they says milk is bad and will age you.I am confused...do you people drink milk daily? pls share your positive or negative experience.

I drink 1 small glass of milk most days (full fat not skimmed), & have done so for most of my life. Age 71 face full, a line on brow, no wrinkles around eyes but a couple of lines at edge of eyes and age spot on left cheek (but disappearing with use of Monsia Skincare - I think the hyaluronic acid in the toner and day & night moisturizers are helping to fade it. I think milk is good but like everything, in moderation.

How you age I think is mainly down to genes. I come from a mixture of Chinese, Japanese, anglo-Indian and English, real mixture!
CassieLyons
5% products discount

Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:53 am      Reply with quote
I've never heard of that before! I'm only 24 but I've always hated milk. Only have it with my cereal (maybe once a month?) and every now and then (like maybe once a year max) a glass of malt milk. (I don't include milkshakes of course haha). But I think it's mainly genes. I get comments saying I look as young as 12-14 Shock depending on how I dress that day and never my age! While it's nice it's not so nice when meeting clients (marketing consultant) or when you get carded to see a movie with friends Laughing
luckyelaine
5% products discount

Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:05 am      Reply with quote
I think milk is good for people's body and skin in a lot of time, and I like it very much.
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:50 am      Reply with quote
Over my lifetime I have continuously seen everything that we consume fluctuate back in fourth into the good for you and bad for you and everything in between category.
Eggs, coffee, whole grain and all carbohydrates and now milk..
Sometimes it seems it's less about getting the whole story than getting another piece in the puzzle. Eggs, for example, were bad because of cholesterol. Then it was realized that there was good and bad cholesterol.
And so it goes with everything.
I think if you have no allergies or are not lactose intolerant or complete vegan then milk can be a good source of Vit D (especially with all our sun blocks and sunscreens)among other clear benefits.
I don't avoid it. I do drink it ...but not excessively. I have milk with my whole grain (gluten) cereal every day.
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm... interesting... I have noticed that vegans, who don't drink milk or eat any dairy, usually look way younger than they are. One of my friends went vegan about 7 years ago and she honestly looks about 5 years younger than she is. Hasn't aged a day. I'm so jealous every time I see her Laughing
Also most Asian women age amazingly and dairy isn't hugely popular in Asian countries.
johndoe1125
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
For what it's worth I avoid dairy.

I'm on a Paleo diet which doesn't allow milk, not to mention that nowadays who knows what really goes into your milk with all those hormones and whatnot. In my opinion it's much easier to just avoid it.

I read that Americans have one of the highest rates of calcium consumption in the world, and somehow the highest rates of osteoporosis.

I actually have issues getting calcium so I'm trying to find a good food source for it, sardines maybe, but not a huge fan of those Sad
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:46 am      Reply with quote
Just want to share – this isn’t my experience. I have some friends who turned vegan and aged rapidly and horribly as a result. So whilst I know there are some exceptions to the rule – I don’t think there is ever a one size fits all. I know one friend, who read somewhere about becoming vegan being the next best thing and switched to it and became very ill as a result. So its always good to research these things.

From what I know of the anti-milk crowd their arguments are often to do with how the milk is produced. Cows fed on chemical laden grass to help them produce milk quickly – they argue those same chemicals go into your body and do the same things within your body. Secondly they argue that milk isn’t a compound that the body naturally is able to digest. I forget the exact science but these are popular reasons they argue why we should not drink milk.
Penta wrote:
Hmm... interesting... I have noticed that vegans, who don't drink milk or eat any dairy, usually look way younger than they are. One of my friends went vegan about 7 years ago and she honestly looks about 5 years younger than she is. Hasn't aged a day. I'm so jealous every time I see her Laughing
Also most Asian women age amazingly and dairy isn't hugely popular in Asian countries.
kaiqing
5% products discount

Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:07 am      Reply with quote
Natural foods are good, compare to those highly processed foods. They usually have low GI, and contain more nutrition.
Milk provides you balanced proteins. Those who say the milk is not good refer to the saturated fat in milk. If you really care the saturated fat, go for the skim milk, but the taste is not that good, and some vitamins in fat will lost.
In my view, if your body is in good condition and you don't really need to lose weight, eat as you like and choose as much natural foods as possible.
Sometimes, if you really desire for some certain types of foods, it mean your body really in need of them.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Actually not true - you missed my post above. Even doctors have at times advised for and against children drinking milk because they believed it was linked to children's development. The arguments who I have heard many times are actually referring to the chemicals and treatment of the cows the milk comes from. There was also discussion that one time the so called vitamins and proteins in milk were miniscule and didn't deliver benefit to drinkers because of the processing involved in the collection and storing of the milk.
kaiqing wrote:
Those who say the milk is not good refer to the saturated fat in milk. If you really care the saturated fat, go for the skim milk, but the taste is not that good, and some vitamins in fat will lost.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:47 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Just want to share – this isn’t my experience. I have some friends who turned vegan and aged rapidly and horribly as a result. So whilst I know there are some exceptions to the rule – I don’t think there is ever a one size fits all. I know one friend, who read somewhere about becoming vegan being the next best thing and switched to it and became very ill as a result. So its always good to research these things.

From what I know of the anti-milk crowd their arguments are often to do with how the milk is produced. Cows fed on chemical laden grass to help them produce milk quickly – they argue those same chemicals go into your body and do the same things within your body. Secondly they argue that milk isn’t a compound that the body naturally is able to digest. I forget the exact science but these are popular reasons they argue why we should not drink milk.
Penta wrote:

Hi, well not really to do about what the milk has chemically with what the cows are fed on (hormones, fattening products, or what not I don't know...,) but about where it comes from... milking cows that "give", "produce" milk for "free" don't exist, they give milk at a high cost. Giving up on their "babies" on a regular basis to keep up the milk producing.
Best example of a documentary:

http://www.peta.org/issues/animals-used-for-food/animals-used-food-factsheets/cows-milk-cruel-unhealthy-product/

Loads of info on the web if one wants to check it out.
I actually still have sometimes cheese, or some milk, but I do really make an effort for it to be of really well looked after cows, or goats, from an animal friendly farm.
I really think "milk" production is still very misunderstood- there is a lot of info about the meat production which is unnerving but the milk is kind of put aside (again the "female" even in animal world are the ones that suffer the most, not that the males in that world live any the better, in fact they live a lot less!)
Sorry if I'm posting not quite for beauty wise of us human but for animal health, but once I learned about the milk factory I was quite stunned.
TheresaMary, I can just guess that the persons you know that aged rapidly on a vegan way of eating may have rushed into it and have been lacking on the knowledge about how to combine foods, certainly not because of not taking milk products, IMHO.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:59 am      Reply with quote
Very good point too ATester. I know that there is quite a lot of discussions about animal quality of life which many say would impact the milk they produce also.

My friend did rush into it, but also worked with two doctors in her switching and had bloodwork done etc. She was also a passionate speaker about raw foods and so was trying to encourage everyone around her which was annoying. However she did seem to age over night as a result and definitely looked older. I’m not knocking raw food at all – think its great and wish I could do more of it. However I see so many times its publicized as being the “best” way and it always worries me because I think of younger women who will be influenced and make themselves ill in the pursuit of these things. I myself when was younger did it countless times!
ATester wrote:
Hi, well not really to do about what the milk has chemically with what the cows are fed on (hormones, fattening products, or what not I don't know...,) but about where it comes from... milking cows that "give", "produce" milk for "free" don't exist, they give milk at a high cost. Giving up on their "babies" on a regular basis to keep up the milk producing.
Best example of a documentary:

http://www.peta.org/issues/animals-used-for-food/animals-used-food-factsheets/cows-milk-cruel-unhealthy-product/

Loads of info on the web if one wants to check it out.
I actually still have sometimes cheese, or some milk, but I do really make an effort for it to be of really well looked after cows, or goats, from an animal friendly farm.
I really think "milk" production is still very misunderstood- there is a lot of info about the meat production which is unnerving but the milk is kind of put aside (again the "female" even in animal world are the ones that suffer the most, not that the males in that world live any the better, in fact they live a lot less!)
Sorry if I'm posting not quite for beauty wise of us human but for animal health, but once I learned about the milk factory I was quite stunned.
TheresaMary, I can just guess that the persons you know that aged rapidly on a vegan way of eating may have rushed into it and have been lacking on the knowledge about how to combine foods, certainly not because of not taking milk products, IMHO.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:50 am      Reply with quote
radhika rohith wrote:

Hi, so radhika rohith, do you drink milk? How do you feel if so or if not? (I'm assuming the word "milk" is "cow milk"... just realized that nowadays it could be some other liquid like goat's, almond, rice, soy... for whatever reason there seems to be a need for a liquid with a "whitish" color similar to the "milk" color to be named "milk".)
radhika rohith
5% products discount

Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:23 am      Reply with quote
Hello guys, so as i mentioned I drink milk regularly(1 glass at night) and everyone says i look younger than my age.But then after reading all the negative reports i got scared and stopped.I felt I looked lil gaunt and old when I stopped it.So i did some research, met some ayurvedic doctors and discussed and started drinking it again.According to ayurveda, milk is extremely good and is infact a beauty elixir when drunk in the right way.For milk to get digested properly we have to boil it and drink it warm.And while boiling add a pinch of turmeric powder.Always drink it warm.Super anti oxidant boost.Try it guys, I am doing it for past 2 weeks and already feel a difference in the way i look. pls give a try and report back Smile
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:

Penta wrote:

Sure, some people don't do the vegan diet well. That being said, I think it's easy to eat unhealthily no matter what diet one chooses. I would probably still maintain that, in my experience, unhealthy vegans are still miles healthier than unhealthy junk food eaters. But yeah, my friend did all her research and eats very well. So do most of my friends who are vegans.

And I completely agree with ATester -- the dairy industry is truly horrible. Milk cows are being impregnated, then, once the baby is born, he or she is taken away at a few hours old, thrown into a veal crate barely large enough for him/her to turn around, and killed after a few months. They're never out to pasture and they don't socialize. The mama cows cry for them until they no longer have a voice and they suffer quite awful injuries on their udders. This is all so the milk industry can take the milk.

But, back to beauty: I highly doubt that changing a small detail in your diet, like drinking milk or not drinking milk, has a massive impact either way.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:21 am      Reply with quote
radhika rohith wrote:
Hello guys, so as i mentioned I drink milk regularly(1 glass at night) and everyone says i look younger than my age.But then after reading all the negative reports i got scared and stopped.I felt I looked lil gaunt and old when I stopped it.So i did some research, met some ayurvedic doctors and discussed and started drinking it again.According to ayurveda, milk is extremely good and is infact a beauty elixir when drunk in the right way.For milk to get digested properly we have to boil it and drink it warm.And while boiling add a pinch of turmeric powder.Always drink it warm.Super anti oxidant boost.Try it guys, I am doing it for past 2 weeks and already feel a difference in the way i look. pls give a try and report back Smile

Hi Radhika, didn't see before that you drank milk, stopped, and looked older. No fun I guess. Any other changes in diet? Age? Certainly if you're talking about fresh, raw, healthy milk from family farm raised animals, that's exactly what my parents did, about boiling the fresh milk for preventing bacteria and aid digestion....and what ayurveda is about, but nothing to do with the pasteurized, homogenized milk sold from unhealthy, ill treated cows milk farms nowadays. Obviously not all, but yes a good lot of money making ones. If you read up on ayurveda the recommendation is to steer clear of that kind of milk production. So yes, ayurveda is fine in that sense, being myself interested in ayurveda medicine for long, I don't think suggesting "milk" without mentioning in what conditions it is recommended is a good idea, it can be misleading. As for turmeric, perfect! On its own can do wonders, even if not mixed with milk or whatever. Have you tried to see the effects of turmeric without milk just to see if it is one or the other ingredient that is making a difference for you?
Interested to know what you experiment.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:01 am      Reply with quote
If milk from the point of view of the ayurveda is the REAL point of this post, I think that this article among many, many others may be useful to anyone interested,

http://yogarasayana.com/articles/milk-in-the-age-of-convenience/
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:42 am      Reply with quote
I drink milk every night with dinner and feel lost without it. I have all my life and at 53 do not plan to stop. I also occasionally take calcium. Although it is only 2% fat it is enough. I have very healthy bones, teeth hair and skin. It is a luxury that I enjoy!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I drink milk every night with dinner and feel lost without it. I have all my life and at 53 do not plan to stop. I also occasionally take calcium. Although it is only 2% fat it is enough. I have very healthy bones, teeth hair and skin. It is a luxury that I enjoy!

Yup. I'm the same way. I love milk. I personally don't worry too much about what I eat. I just eat in moderation. I eat vegetables and fruit but, ya know what? if someone has a birthday party and there's a birthday cake I'm a-eatin some of that-thar cake. Yum.

Sometimes I think people stress out so much about what they're eating that the stress of it causes them to age more. I kinda hate the food stress of modern life. My grandmother would be mystified by all this. She ate her share of pie, cake, milk and meat and I don't think it ever occurred to her to worry about it. She lived to be 95 and had beautiful velvety skin til the day she died.

But whatever. Everyone's different.
radhika rohith
5% products discount

Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
The milk I get here is pasteurized. Sad.. but still my ayurvedic doctor told me to boil it and then drink it warm with a dash of turmeric..that will help to reduce any inflammation bcz of pasteurization. Actually 1 of the property of milk is that it has the ability to reach each cell and act as a perfect vehicle for the ingredients in it.So the benefit of turmeric is even better.My humble suggestion for you guys is to just give a try for 2 weeks and feel the difference...
radhika rohith
5% products discount

Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
The milk I get here is pasteurized. Sad.. but still my ayurvedic doctor told me to boil it and then drink it warm with a dash of turmeric..that will help to reduce any inflammation bcz of pasteurization. Actually 1 of the property of milk is that it has the ability to reach each cell and act as a perfect vehicle for the ingredients in it.So the benefit of turmeric is even better.My humble suggestion for you guys is to just give a try for 2 weeks and feel the difference...
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:10 am      Reply with quote
Sorry but understand you are a fan of boiled milk but could you keep to facts. Boiled milk doesn’t have the ability to reach every cell at all. It is a fluid and so requires little digestive abilities of the body when its consumed, and has fat and some proteins in it but this doesn’t mean it can impact every cell of the body.
radhika rohith wrote:
radhika rohith
5% products discount

Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:07 am      Reply with quote
I totally understand you. Even I was skeptic. All I would like to say is that, if someone wants a youthful look again pls give a try.I am getting results and I just thought to share it..Smile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Sure, like I said I get that you are a fan of it, and suggest people try it out. My main issue is when scientific statements are made which are untrue. Milk cannot penetrate every cell – its one of those things that probably is said innocently but its ability to pass through the cellular chloestrol covered membranes prevents the milk entering the cells, let alone supplying them with nutrients and that’s for a healthy person. Someone who is under stress is likely to have thicker coated cells as the body protects itself.

radhika rohith wrote:
I totally understand you. Even I was skeptic. All I would like to say is that, if someone wants a youthful look again pls give a try.I am getting results and I just thought to share it..Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |