Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Anyone reverse their fillers with Hyaluronidase?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
newskin10

Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:01 am      Reply with quote
So I had a bunch of fillers done and at first after everything had settled I was pretty happy with it.

Though then unfortunately I had an appointment with another busy doctor for a consultation I had made a long time ago and went to someone else for the work cause I didn't want to wait that long. I kept the consultation to see what he thought of the other doctors work and asked him if he thought my nose could be improved with them.

He talked me into doing all these injections that day at the consultation. My nose, and adding more in other areas I already had it. My chin, under eyes, upper lip, parts of my cheeks. Not sure exactly all the points he injected.

That was only a few days ago though ever since I have been regretting even asking about my nose. I don't know why I was ever thinking about that in the first place now. Sure I had a small ski slope after the bump part of the nose and it was ever so slightly crooked looking and asymetrical on front view. Though adding filler obviously could only add volume and why would I want a larger nose!

I feel like I don't recognise myself anymore. I don't like my nose looking so straight on the side that was not it's natural shape, why would I ever of thought I would want that? And even though not a lot was put in, the minor increase in volume makes it appear out of proportion to fit my face as much as my untouched nose did. And the tip is too rounded and bloated looking esp from the side, not enough definition. I want my original imperfect though smaller nose back!

I'm hoping that some of it is still swelling that'll go down though it's already been 5 days and while some doctors say it could take up to 2 weeks for swelling to go away, most say it only takes 48hrs in the nose and then that's what you have.

I'm considering getting it reversed. I'm concerned of course with it dissolving evenly and of having done any long term damage from it like scar tissue or changing the skin appearance from stretching it. I swear my nose looked too shiny after! I assume from stretching the skin.

Also overall now I can't stand looking at myself anymore and want to avoid mirrors. Whatever the first doctor did improved my cheeks and NLs got a bit lighter though whatever the 2nd doctor did has seemed to make my NLs worse again by making my cheeks heavier or something.

Overall I feel like my face contours don't fit me and I no longer have any real points of interest in my face of beauty. It's not ugly or anything, only very plain to me now and nothing to really play up or be interesting. I had only went to these doctors for anti ageing at first, only to replace lost volume like in my cheeks and under eyes. Instead I kept getting talked into changing the shape of my appearance in general, things I never thought of. Like getting rid of my dimple in my chin and making my chin longer, changing my nose shape, lips and now my upper lip sticks out more than my bottom etc. I wish I wasn't so easy to persuade like that. I miss those unique characteristics I had. These doctors talk me into some cookie cutter idea of beauty, oh you have a male chin, you have a male jaw etc. Though then I see lots of beautiful women do also like Taylor Hill etc.

I suppose the positive thing is nothing was any permanent surgery and it's all temporary, though temporary in still a long term way. He told me the nose fillers last up to 2 years or more! I can't live with it for that long and ruin the improvements I got elsewhere cause of that. So highly regret it and wondering about reversal. Yes I'm grateful it's not permanent damage like horror stories I've heard about lasers and ultrasound. I can still show my face in public, though I'm more self conscious and obsessive now and feel depressed about it, feel like I can't remember what I used to look like and wonder if people who knew me before are going to think I look different. I'm scared to see them now. Need to decide what to do.
Howunoriginal

Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hello
I don't have any personal experience on the subject, but there are lots of web pages where people chart their plastic surgery processes and I remember that at least realself had many users who posted updates (including pictures) about reversing fillers (often due to botched job). If you haven't already, that would maybe be a good place to look for more information.

If you decide to wait for your current fillers to go away on their own, maybe it would help to just think of it like a temporary, experimental haircut or something. only instead of hair, you're just trying something a little different with your face. But it is nevertheless just temporary and your identity is not just what your face currently looks like, it is so much more, and your old face is still there under the fillers, waiting to resurface.

And maybe there is something positive about your experience after all: when the fillers wear off, you will appreciate your natural features a lot more. Doctors are used to looking for mistakes in people, but as the saying goes, 'if you only have a hammer, everything looks like a nail'. Nobody else would even notice these little asymmetries, and besides, attractiveness is so much more than just looking symmetrical. A perfectly proportional face would be utterly bland and boring. Maybe just stick to enhancing, instead of changing, in the future?
Best of luck
poulinsj
5% products discount

Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:26 am      Reply with quote
I would definitely wait 2 weeks until you make a decision on whether you love or hate it. It could be swelling affecting your decision.

Do you have any arnica that you could take? I find that usually helps after fillers/botox.

Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks! So right. I think it was mostly cause of the nose thing that is such a prominent part of the face and I was finding so much info that people who get nose jobs sometimes go through identity crisis not recognising themselves. Even if they look better cause they don't recognise what they are used to it messes with them mentally.

And great points, now that the swelling has finally gone away it does look a lot better and more refined and I think I could live with it until it wears off. Though I do think they went a bit too far with some things and elongating my face trying to get me that heart shape.

And yeh it's all temporary and only cosemetics and overall I look better than before. I think just learning what areas I won't top up on. Though so expensive and they still could not even fix my NLs cause they said it looks unnatural to fill them. :/ My plan now is face training and also collagen building so I'll need less juvaderm later.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |