Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber De-Tox Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream Tube (31 ml / 1 floz) Ahava Age Control Even Tone Sleeping Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Dry skin

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Author Message
4everYoungLV
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Jul 2016
Posts: 17
Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone have any tips or product recommendations for dry skin? My skin is super dry and the texture is rough but only on my cheeks! I also have hyper pigment issues in the same area. Trying to stay away from the Dr.'s and have seen a couple aestheticians and tried some modalities that have made it worse. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks.
Lin1313
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Oct 2014
Posts: 108
Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:21 am      Reply with quote
4everYoungLV wrote:
Does anyone have any tips or product recommendations for dry skin? My skin is super dry and the texture is rough but only on my cheeks! I also have hyper pigment issues in the same area. Trying to stay away from the Dr.'s and have seen a couple aestheticians and tried some modalities that have made it worse. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks.


My skin tends to feel dry during the winter due to the central heating in our homes here in the UK. I've been applying Vit E oil after applying my normal Monsia day moisturizer and I have found that this locks in the moisture and I did it at night after applying my night moisturizer. Try it, might help you. I bought the Vit E oil off amazon.co.uk but you might be able to get it in health food stores in the US.
cafesemon
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Jun 2016
Posts: 5
Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:35 am      Reply with quote
You Need

1 3 to 4 Almonds
2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
3 Tbsp of Thick Milk
Soak the almonds in water overnight.In the morning remove the brown cover and grind it with milk and melted butter.Simply apply this smooth paste and scrub off once it dries completely.It softens dry, aging lines and wrinkles, gives an amazing fairness, radiance, and smoothness.
Deb Crowley
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 Jun 2011
Posts: 132
Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
I highly recommend Aloe Vera Gel. I was told to use this for radiation burn. I could not believe how soothing and healing!

Buy:

'Fruit of the Earth' 100% Aloe Gel Absolutely nothing added. It's extremely healing and also forms a barrier to keep moisture in. Ya gotta know... if it grows in the desert... it's there for a reason!

_________________
Founder of FlexEffect Facialbuilding. My Photo Journal: FlexEffect.com/deb-photos
4everYoungLV
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Jul 2016
Posts: 17
Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
cafesemon wrote:
You Need

1 3 to 4 Almonds
2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
3 Tbsp of Thick Milk
Soak the almonds in water overnight.In the morning remove the brown cover and grind it with milk and melted butter.Simply apply this smooth paste and scrub off once it dries completely.It softens dry, aging lines and wrinkles, gives an amazing fairness, radiance, and smoothness.


This sounds amazing! Love at home masks, will definitely try this. Thanks!
4everYoungLV
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Jul 2016
Posts: 17
Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Lin1313 wrote:
4everYoungLV wrote:
Does anyone have any tips or product recommendations for dry skin? My skin is super dry and the texture is rough but only on my cheeks! I also have hyper pigment issues in the same area. Trying to stay away from the Dr.'s and have seen a couple aestheticians and tried some modalities that have made it worse. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks.


My skin tends to feel dry during the winter due to the central heating in our homes here in the UK. I've been applying Vit E oil after applying my normal Monsia day moisturizer and I have found that this locks in the moisture and I did it at night after applying my night moisturizer. Try it, might help you. I bought the Vit E oil off amazon.co.uk but you might be able to get it in health food stores in the US.


I am taking a vitamin E supplement. I'll look on amazon for a topical format. Thanks for the input! I live in the desert so it is always so dry here, which doesn't help. I'm willing to try anything and everything!
4everYoungLV
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Jul 2016
Posts: 17
Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Deb Crowley wrote:
I highly recommend Aloe Vera Gel. I was told to use this for radiation burn. I could not believe how soothing and healing!

Buy:

'Fruit of the Earth' 100% Aloe Gel Absolutely nothing added. It's extremely healing and also forms a barrier to keep moisture in. Ya gotta know... if it grows in the desert... it's there for a reason!


Good point! I have an Aloe Vera Gel and didn't think about using this. I'll give it try. Thanks!
shabdli
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Sep 2016
Posts: 20
Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:44 am      Reply with quote
hello,

Adjacent product you need to understand what are the trigger elements for getting dry skin, how to formulate your skincare regime, and are there any home remedies for dry skin?

- Skin hydrating body moisturizer normal dry skin from Oriflame. it leaves my skin smooth and silky for quite a while.

Try it,
juliafreitaslove
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Jul 2016
Posts: 9
Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:47 am      Reply with quote
The first thing while recommending any product is to be aware by how much you are willing to pay for a product? AVEENO is the registered Dermexa Moisturising Cream. This unique lotion helps you fight against the dry and itchy skin. You can easily find this product on these online stores Coles, WoolWorths, EPharmacy, PriceLine, ChemMart, ChemistDirect, PharmacyDirect
In case you are the resident of Australia and want to purchase this product physically then you can visit these stores
Target, BigW, IGA, KMart and Blooms
Nikkol
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Oct 2016
Posts: 12
Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
I just signed up today. I hope I am asking my question in the appropriate place. I started using Retin A exactly two week ago, today. The first week was very ok but I noticed some shiny patches which dissipated a few days after. However. by the second week my skin seem to have a coating of scaliness or rashiness on the cheek area. I would use ACV mixed with glycerin and rosewater both morning and evening. In the evening I would wash off the ACV before applying my Retin A. I would leave for an hour then apply Ambi fade cream with Alpha hydroxy acid. Today I have decided to stop using the ACV and Ambi as I feel these products may have contributed to the coating of scaliness/rashiness. I am hoping for a successful Retin A experience so I am trying my utmost to eliminate anything that may interfere with its progress. Any advice on how I should be using Retin A and what may have caused the 'coating' and how to remove same will be appreciated
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 342
Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:28 am      Reply with quote
Nikkol wrote:
I just signed up today. I hope I am asking my question in the appropriate place. I started using Retin A exactly two week ago, today. The first week was very ok but I noticed some shiny patches which dissipated a few days after. However. by the second week my skin seem to have a coating of scaliness or rashiness on the cheek area. I would use ACV mixed with glycerin and rosewater both morning and evening. In the evening I would wash off the ACV before applying my Retin A. I would leave for an hour then apply Ambi fade cream with Alpha hydroxy acid. Today I have decided to stop using the ACV and Ambi as I feel these products may have contributed to the coating of scaliness/rashiness. I am hoping for a successful Retin A experience so I am trying my utmost to eliminate anything that may interfere with its progress. Any advice on how I should be using Retin A and what may have caused the 'coating' and how to remove same will be appreciated


I think this question is in the wrong thread but maybe the mods will move it if needed.

Retin A - which strength and how often? And regardless of strength, you must wait 20-30 minutes for your skin to completely dry after toner before applying Retin A.

ACV is extremely harsh unless it is very diluted. AHA on top of Retin A is also very harsh and some believe that the two actives cannot be used together because the AHA will deactivate the Retin-A. I believe used together can be irritating and disrupt the skin barrier, which sounds like your "coating."

The ACV toner with glycerin will dry out your skin unless you are applying a moisturizer on top as glycerin pulls moisture either from your skin or a moisturizer.

There are many excellent threads on this board by very knowledgeable contributors on how to use Retin A, AHA, and layering actives - do a search and you can read in depth about these topics.

In the meantime, stop the actives for a few days to a week so your skin barrier can heal and then start off slowly with the AHA in the morning and Retin-A at night 1-3 times a week. If dry, then moisturize well, ideally half an hour or more after you applied Retin A. I would drop the ACV and get a gentle toner.

_________________
Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
Nikkol
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Oct 2016
Posts: 12
Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
denisiel wrote:
Nikkol wrote:
I just signed up today. I hope I am asking my question in the appropriate place. I started using Retin A exactly two week ago, today. The first week was very ok but I noticed some shiny patches which dissipated a few days after. However. by the second week my skin seem to have a coating of scaliness or rashiness on the cheek area. I would use ACV mixed with glycerin and rosewater both morning and evening. In the evening I would wash off the ACV before applying my Retin A. I would leave for an hour then apply Ambi fade cream with Alpha hydroxy acid. Today I have decided to stop using the ACV and Ambi as I feel these products may have contributed to the coating of scaliness/rashiness. I am hoping for a successful Retin A experience so I am trying my utmost to eliminate anything that may interfere with its progress. Any advice on how I should be using Retin A and what may have caused the 'coating' and how to remove same will be appreciated


I think this question is in the wrong thread but maybe the mods will move it if needed.

Retin A - which strength and how often? And regardless of strength, you must wait 20-30 minutes for your skin to completely dry after toner before applying Retin A.

ACV is extremely harsh unless it is very diluted. AHA on top of Retin A is also very harsh and some believe that the two actives cannot be used together because the AHA will deactivate the Retin-A. I believe used together can be irritating and disrupt the skin barrier, which sounds like your "coating."

The ACV toner with glycerin will dry out your skin unless you are applying a moisturizer on top as glycerin pulls moisture either from your skin or a moisturizer.

There are many excellent threads on this board by very knowledgeable contributors on how to use Retin A, AHA, and layering actives - do a search and you can read in depth about these topics.

In the meantime, stop the actives for a few days to a week so your skin barrier can heal and then start off slowly with the AHA in the morning and Retin-A at night 1-3 times a week. If dry, then moisturize well, ideally half an hour or more after you applied Retin A. I would drop the ACV and get a gentle toner.
Hi! Thank you for your advice, Like yourself, Someone on another thread did give me some sound advice as well. I have stopped the Apple Cider Vinegar totally and the 'coating' has subsided. I guess it really was too harsh for my skin and was not and should not be used in conjunction with Retin A...at least or me. My skin is doing so much better now,no coating, no rash I am just looking forward to some really good results. This is my third week. I have some hyper-pigmentation on my cheeks and I am desirous of this lightening to the point where I do not find it necessary to wear foundation. I am thinking about adding Hydroquinone to my regimen. I read that it can boost the Retin A. I hope it works. Thanks again.
arielstar08
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Jan 2008
Posts: 323
Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Use the Panasonic ionic nano steamer as often as you can.

The step between Cleanser and Toner for 3 minutes.

Then Tone and moisturise.

Best one for your concern

ELEMIS PRO COLLAGEN
System
Automatic Message
Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Tanda ZAP - Pink Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream Tube (31 ml / 1 floz) Aromatherapy Associates Anti-Ageing Instant Skin Firming Serum (30 ml / 1.0 oz)