Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Updating my usage of calorestrictiontion and suncreen use
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
qowpele
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:25 am      Reply with quote
Like the title says. I am reviewing my percieved benefits of having used caloric restriction and methionine (an amino acid found in protein) restriction over the last three years as well as my daily use of sunscreen.

When I started doing all three of these I was 21. Now only exactly 4 months and I will be 25. My hope is that I have slowed the aging process down and that I hopefully appear around the same age as when I started. The reason I feel this is not because I feel 25 is old in anyway, as it is very young and people who do not think this are usually naive. The point to this is to see if the research available and slowing the aging process is at least, partially correct.

So. Research says daily sunscreen should result in 24 percent less skin aging according to the study we currently have. Caloric restriction coupled with methionine restriction and optimal nutritious diet (a ton of raw vegetables) is also thought to slow aging by around 40 percent.

Either way. I feel I look slightly older than my baseline a few years ago
And that I appear around only one year older now (mind you, some definition of my facial features.are a bit different as I started to excercise and lost some bodyfat, so there is certainly a bit more of a definition to my face.

What do you guys think? I really hope this has worked.

The photo woth facial hair is me days after turning 21. The clean shaven is today at 24 and 2/3 years exactly. I am roughly 2 percent less body fat her hence the less round facial features. Do you guys think these methods I am using are helping to slow the aging process. Hopefully, so that once I am older I can take advantage of the newer and more advanced longevity research.

if you feel this has worked perhaps we should all try this as this is a Much bigger thing thab vanity we should be worried about.If this does work this is great news as our mental and cognitive abilities will also decline slower, allowing us to possibly dodge mental illness and degeneration seen later in life like alzheimers and such.
qowpele
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:00 am      Reply with quote
here is the link. http://s50.photobucket.com/user/qowpele281991/library/Mobile%20Uploads?sort=3&page=1
SophiaFaith1983
5% products discount

Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:13 am      Reply with quote
I think you look slightly older now but that would be from the facial hair and toner face. I don't know if the diet is necessarily helping but the sunscreen more than likely is since you are protecting your face from sundamage every day.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:32 am      Reply with quote
Okay at 21 years, you were very young to start messing with these things. Your body is still growing and adapting and does so right up until your 30ths, so you want to be a bit careful when it comes to adding restrictions and methionine as these can have opposite effects.

Without knowing the specifics of the aging study you are referring to its hard to make a comment. You see a lot of studies are not age specific, and those that are are usually combined with other things too.

Sunscreen is a must for anyone who is serious about aging well. The UVA and UVB damage just is not worth it. It often sits for many years deep beneath the skin surface and then come 40’s and 50’s starts showing up. Now losing body fat is definitely going to create an impact. However depending on which facial exercises you are doing, if you are using resistance you should be able to create fullness not sliming and toning down.

Facial hair I think makes most people look older than their years, but the photo today looks fine.
qowpele
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
I think you look slightly older now but that would be from the facial hair and toner face. I don't know if the diet is necessarily helping but the sunscreen more than likely is since you are protecting your face from sundamage every day.

Thanks for the input sophoa. Actually the one photo with facial hair was right as I turned 21 pretty much. The shaven one is me now. However this is good news that I seem to appear a bit older rather than my actual age. I still have people guess me between 20 and 22 and I am soon to be 25. I believe this to be progress of some sort at least
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Basically I'm going to have to agree with TheresaMary. And I hate to break it to you but many people might not change that much between those years even if they do nothing special.
Outside of working out regularly I did very little that was special or deprived myself of not very much yet I changed hardly at all between my early 20's and mid 30's . In fact I probably did more wrong than right.
That's not to say that you shouldn't eat healthy and go for the antioxidants and greens, exercise and wear sunscreen. And maybe also consider taking something like Astaxanthin for additional protection.
But the only thing I think you're good to deprive yourself of at your age is processed sugars and foods, sunbathing and a sedentary lifestyle.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not trying to be negative, but "avoiding mental illness"- you can get a mental illness at any age.

Some people have mental illness their whole life even.

My dad got Alzheimer's when he was around 65 or so and had to go in a nursing home for care, as he became sick with other things.

My mother has been bi-polar or mental something or other most of her life, or so I have been told.
I'm not sure the exact things my mother has as I did not live with her after I was 5 years old, and I know she has been in and out of mental hospital care (already 3 times this year alone...).

One of my friends from high school has some mental issues now and is just in her 30's.
She was fine or seemed fine growing up, but the past 10? years or so she has been in an out of the hospital, had her son taken away (not sure exactly why).
I do not know the exact thing my friend has,but she is trying to get better or have less issues.

Or maybe you could have some other disease or injury-look at what just happened to that 10 year old kid who went on a waterslide and died...I'm sure he did not think that would happen.

I'm just trying to say you never know how your future will turn out.
willah

Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Thanks qowpele, for sharing very helpful information with us. Actually I saw a video of a physician and in that video he told about cognitive decline. Thanks again
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |