Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
My journey on using ZO Medical Melamin (hydroquinone)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
I am a loyal user of ZO Skin Health from Dr. Z Obagi for two years. I do use other products from time to time because the cost is high or not easy to get when I have run out.

I've always believed in medical grade skin care and stopped using it when I discovered Cellcosmet (a beautiful brand).

It was when I had to stop using BCP and couldn't find a family physician that I found it very difficult to renew medications. I had another illness and it was a struggle since I couldn't find a regular doctor for follow-ups. It was by chance that I came by a person who swear up and down on ZO Skin Health. After a major happy celebration, I decided to look into it and did some research on-line.

All of what I have read on what Dr. Obagi has done, support research and theory, does make sense. I started a basic program that included ZO Medical products to help lighten my sun spots on my face that foundation could not cover. It basically looked muddy in that area. His products are very strong and unforgiving. It works.
Cosmetically, when starting with ZO products, it doesn't look good if you have to go out to your job, make public appearances, be in the media. It is true torture and you wish the treatment was all over, but it takes time.

It took me seven months to see improvements. Some people have said that they saw my skin improve after three months, but I didn't see it or feel it. I was always getting red, peel after two hours, get red again and peel in another two hours.
I stopped moisturizing completely until I was advised I need to moisterize but ZO brand has some retinol in it. It was constant peeling with red itchy skin.

It got so much better and the ZO Medical products ran out and I looked really good. I maintained but when next winter arrived, I was suffering again from major peeling. It was through this that I have learned that I do have dry skin and my skin care program need to change. This summer was fantastic!

The sun spots that I did manage to fade, not completely faded but a lot better, is still there but did not get worse. Since it has been two years, I heard that if I want to treat my sun spots, the best time to do it is during the fall season, so I have started at the end of August and purchased ZO Medical Melamin skin bleaching & correcting creme, Hydroquinone USP, 4%.

At night, I apply retinol and Melamin on top. I put on two pumps which equal to 1 gram and rub it vigouresly that the cream sort of foam up and feels nice. The scent is medical but did not bother my sensitive allergy season.

The first three days, my face felt hot and my skin was red. It calmed down some and as the week went by, I wasn't as red and started to peel lightly.
I have started my second week with no redness and now, this fourteenth day, I am red again.

So far, I am very impressed. Since two years ago, my skin has become a lot stronger, firmer and I feel that I need stronger strength of skin care products because of this.

Today, my sun spots appear to look softer, but I am not 100% sure. Years ago, I got IPL facials and that would zap your skin, make your freckles darker, hard and eventually lift off your skin to reveal new skin. With Melamin, I don't see my sun spots getting darker and dried out. I only see after the redness stage, there is peeling, then more redness and the cycle continues.
I don't experience any dry itchy feeling and I am happy with that.

I hope you enjoyed my history with ZO Skin Health and ZO Medical and reading my review/journey of using ZO Medical Melamin.

Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |