Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Please help!! Sudden Under Eye Wrinkles!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know what's happening, I'm 30 years old and I had pretty decent under eye areas up until about 2 months ago. Then, almost suddenly over night and throughout a week or two, they got worse with fine lines becoming suddenly deep set exaggerated looking wrinkles, even the wrinkles I've always had my whole life which are right along my lash line, suddenly have become strangely deep and terrible. The deep wrinkly look with lots of wrinkle lines is mainly visible when I smile. If I don't smile, there isn't much wrinkling to see which is bizarre.

The only thing I could attribute to possibly doing this was a new sunscreen I had just started using which I noticed seemed drying to my skin called La Roche Posay Dry Sunscreen. I placed it also onto the under eye area. http://www.ulta.com/anthelios-60-clear-skin-dry-sunscreen?productId=xlsImpprod13791275

But I stopped that product almost a month ago now and only used it for an entire week. I switched to another sunscreen- Shiseido's new sensitive skin spf 50 lotion and felt that the problem only worsened while using this sunscreeen, as it too somehow seems to be drying.

What in the world is happening? What can I do?

Could this really be sudden rapid aging? My skin overall seems more dry or perhaps dehydrated, but I'm hydrating internally and using moisturizer externally and don't think it's helping.

I wanted to use a retinol product, but now I'm wondering if I can even do that because I've heard about the retin a "uglies" and perhaps using the retinol will dry my under eye area more. I don't know what happening, please help with advice!!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:46 am      Reply with quote
Okay the first thing is to calm down. Stressing over this is only going to make things worse and there is a logical solution for everything. Now although you think these came overnight, be realistic. Most people squint in the sunlight for example and if you think 30 years of doing that repeatedly can often result in what you are describing. Now what you are describing are expression wrinkles. That’s why they are only there when you smile.
The sunscreen you mentioned is lovely and I have used a lot of their products without any effects. This is more likely to be due to stress or illness – especially as you are mentioned your skin seems more dry. Now skin renews itself around 6 weeks so stopping that product a month ago hasn’t yet allowed enough time for the new skin to show up. It will do but keep doing all the things you are.
Now two things that pop into my mind. Have you heard of the lotion mask – you might want to try that its great for dry skins and moisturising and hydrating it. Second thing is what are you using to moisturise your skin? There are many things out there and not all good for the skin so you may want to opt for a natural oil like avocado or Vit E.
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
I really don't know if I can believe these are expression wrinkles that just deepened and became so drastic in such a short time span.

I appreciate your response and trying to help me Smile I seriously believe the sunscreen I used that I mentioned by La Roche Posay dried out my skin, I immediately started noticing wrinkling and issues when I used the sunscreen. But I'm glad it worked well for you.

I'm using a mixture or rotating between Olay ant-wrinkle night cream and a lotion by Koh Gen Do that is very moisturizing.

I don't like to put oils on my skin and won't be able to try that, but I believe the Koh Gen Do lotion has some small amount of ingredients like that. I have some sheet masks but I'm not sure what specific lotion mask you are referring to, if you don't mind sending some product names?

Stress and illness makes sense though. I've heard about the skin renewing after 6 weeks but always thought it was a myth sort of. I think it may have been about 2 months though since these weird deepened lines showed up and then progressively got deeper.

Do you think this is some sort of strange rapid aging? What else can I do besides moisturize, drink water and eat properly? Any other products I should use? Should I try a retinol product?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:31 am      Reply with quote
You have to look at this logically. If they are only there when you smile then they are expression wrinkles. Now with stress etc this is bound to have an effect on your general body and face – BOTH. Now you say you don’t like to put oils on but you don’t say why. That is really moisturizing for the face and you can get a wide range of oils with different properties that will help your skin and wrinkles heal faster.

The lotion mask I’m referring to isn’t a brand but rather a technique and to think of it – she was teaching this well before the popular sheet masks became popular and I think looks lovely for her age. Here is a youtube video of her doing the lotion mask: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0wbX7rjtec

Now the face doesn’t age rapidly. Take it from me – I’m 60 years plus and I’ve seen my face change numerous times over the years. How is your health generally? Retinol products aren’t great for everyone and I’m a little weary of suggesting you try that because you will get scared if any of the side effects show up. Instead why not opt for VitC products. They help the skin both with rejuvenating but also fighting free radicals.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |