Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Help! Microcurrent Infusion - DIY Nourishing Serum Wanted
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
westwood
5% products discount

Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi to all the DIY boffins,

I have a microcurrent machine (old Integra), and while I'm happy to use the pure Aloe Vera gel (with a splash of water) for the conductive part of the session, I'd really love to rinse that off at the end and apply a nourishing - for Nourishing please read: Anti-Aging Wink Infusion application.
It can be any texture, (Serum, Gel, Cream) so long as it works with the microcurrent to be infused into the skin.
For me, I like the sound of natural things like Seaweed, Green Tea, Collagen, Elastin and such but this is just a suggestion - not essential, just want something effective.
I'd happily consider Vit C, or Peptides etc - But I'm just not sure how sensitive skin could become if actives are infused?
Is vegetable glycerin OK to include? Is that conductive?
But I request no alcohol in it please, as I react to that, so having it infused would be a disaster!

Over to you experts on that one!

I have searched the Forum, and see there are a couple DIY conductive gel recipes, but not an infusion one. So having a DIY serum to boost the 'face lifting rejuvenation process' of a microcurrent treatment would be brilliant.
I hope you guys can help with my request... Here's hoping.

Thanks
Val
ChristerSweden

Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hello!

A short answer (from Sweden); you can use almost anything with water in it and preferably some elctrolytes as well. An oil-based serum for example is not conductive (but can be used after the session.)

Veg. glycerin is no different than glycerin of animal origin and should be fine to use in a water-based product. I am not familiar with microcurrent treatment but I assume that it (allegedly) "draws" the nutrients deeper down the skin layers?

Ask yourself WHAT do I want in my skin and WHY =) The options are endless, I would consider a hyaluronic acid gel w/ a bit sodium chloride in it. Interesting !!!
westwood
5% products discount

Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi ChristerSweden,
Sorry for delay in replying to your post - have been away over weekend.
Yes, you are right, the 'moisture infusion' current does push ingrediants deeper into skin. I will say that the difference is noticable, so it must 'do something'!
I have tried to find standard products that are water based only, but it's not easy - and good ingrediants on a budget is even harder to find. Unless anyone can suggest a ready made product that is not too expensive?

I like your thinking. Hyaluronic acid would be great. Not sure what purpose the salt has?
Are there any other water based nutrients I could consider adding to HA?

Aim: plump up 'dryish' skin, and drive anti-aging actives deeper into dermis, so you are getting more 'bang for your buck'!

Thanks again
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:14 am      Reply with quote
So you are talking about making your own conductive gels so we don't have to use the junk ones that come with the machine? I need a recipie, the gel that came with mine dries so fast and seems to dry my skin out too.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |