Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Problems from Tretinoin...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
AngelleV

Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:20 am      Reply with quote
I have enlarged pores now on my smile line area, or jowl line, not sure how to describe that, just when I smile they look like lines, wrinkles. My skin is extremely sensitive after using Retin A (tretinoin 1%) and Melamin and Melamix. I think the aesthetician overdosed me with her prescription of how to do it. She had me using two garden pea size amounts of the Retin A and mixing it with the Melamix two days on and two off. I only used it the two days and my face couldn't take it. I knew to expect the peeling but my entire area around my mouth, my chin, my upper lip and the smile area swelled up. Most of the swelling has gone down, but I have been left with my pores very open and it looks like wrinkles when I smile and I am very very very depressed about this. I started using it only because I was concerned about my cheeks kind of sagging, but I don't even care about that now that these "lines" are present.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:08 am      Reply with quote
Okay you need to calm down first and foremost and stop stressing. With many topical remodelling agents there is a time when damage comes to the surface, and as you have only been using it for a short while – this is likely to be the case. Now you don’t want to throw the baby out with the bathwater. This is probably damage you had deep beneath the surface of your skin which is now on the way out. You can read countless horror stories of people experiencing the same thing (and usually there is the same posts about it having gone and being alright in the end – but many ignore that). Now the swelling may be an allergic reaction. Time to revisit that aesthetician and ask them about it. It could me the Malamin or Melamix also. The pores being open is nothing to worry about. It simply is exposed damaged tissue on the way out. I have used Retin A for over 30 years and gone through several instances at different times where I was stressed etc and had open pores. Do not be depressed – as this is simply showing you a change is happening!
Now with cheeks sagging – I am not sure why the prescribed you Retin A as it doesn’t really help with that. Instead I would have suggested you try facial exercises but there may be other reasons why that was suggested or recommended for you.
AngelleV wrote:
I have enlarged pores now on my smile line area, or jowl line, not sure how to describe that, just when I smile they look like lines, wrinkles. My skin is extremely sensitive after using Retin A (tretinoin 1%) and Melamin and Melamix. I think the aesthetician overdosed me with her prescription of how to do it. She had me using two garden pea size amounts of the Retin A and mixing it with the Melamix two days on and two off. I only used it the two days and my face couldn't take it. I knew to expect the peeling but my entire area around my mouth, my chin, my upper lip and the smile area swelled up. Most of the swelling has gone down, but I have been left with my pores very open and it looks like wrinkles when I smile and I am very very very depressed about this. I started using it only because I was concerned about my cheeks kind of sagging, but I don't even care about that now that these "lines" are present.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |