Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Scraped my face on pavement =(
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lala005

Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

Saturday night I scraped the side of my face on some pavement. I read online that I shouldn't let the wound scab and for the most part I haven't. Initially there was some soft scab formation but because I slathered on vaseline the scab softened up more and came off. So, right now the skin is pink. Just wondering how long I should expect the skin to stay pink? But, also if it's okay to keep the pink skin moisturized with vaseline throughout the day.

Right now, I have vaseline on it. Is that okay? Or ...?
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
polysporin might be better- they have one that has the antibacterial stuff and the vaseline stuff in it.

I'm not sure exactly what else is good,
But I know to help repair skin-once your skin is not open or scraped silver is supposed to help repair your skin.

The only product I know of that has silver and is not absorbed by the body that you do not need a prescription for is Zyderma cream.

-they should still have a discount for a trial size bottle on their website.

*Also want to add I do not make any money to reccomend their cream. I do get a discount on what I buy for myself (and sometimes some reg size bottle...but I ended up giving them away to my sister who needed them).

So far I have tried at least 3 creams with silver, just to see if anything would work better.

-Jack Black, their version sucked, did not do anything at all.
I really like Jack black lip balms though.

Lavera SOS cream, worked allright-but presonally like a formula with much less ingredients.
-the lavera one I would prob buy again,but it is kind of expensive and sold out at a lot of places.

You can maybe see if a Dr wants to prescribe the silver cream for burns.
One of my guys friends had a precription when he had a bad sunburn on his legs while in Europe and he said it worked great.
no idea on the price for that.
lala005

Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
polysporin might be better- they have one that has the antibacterial stuff and the vaseline stuff in it.

I'm not sure exactly what else is good,
But I know to help repair skin-once your skin is not open or scraped silver is supposed to help repair your skin.

The only product I know of that has silver and is not absorbed by the body that you do not need a prescription for is Zyderma cream.

-they should still have a discount for a trial size bottle on their website.

*Also want to add I do not make any money to reccomend their cream. I do get a discount on what I buy for myself (and sometimes some reg size bottle...but I ended up giving them away to my sister who needed them).

So far I have tried at least 3 creams with silver, just to see if anything would work better.

-Jack Black, their version sucked, did not do anything at all.
I really like Jack black lip balms though.

Lavera SOS cream, worked allright-but presonally like a formula with much less ingredients.
-the lavera one I would prob buy again,but it is kind of expensive and sold out at a lot of places.

You can maybe see if a Dr wants to prescribe the silver cream for burns.
One of my guys friends had a precription when he had a bad sunburn on his legs while in Europe and he said it worked great.
no idea on the price for that.

Thanks for replying, I'll definitely look into a cream with silver. Planning on going to the derm on Monday. Do you have any how long it might take for the skin to grow back?
vanitas

Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry I have nothing useful to offer and I wish you were getting more replies... but I still need to ask, does it hurt? The cosmetic issue is unfortunate enough, but I hope that's the only thing. Are you ok?
SophiaFaith1983
5% products discount

Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Try using a natural herbal salve (I use Ora's Amazing Herbal) or coconut oil on it instead of vaseline! It will heal a lot better and quicker. It will probably stay pink for a week or so, depending on how bad the scrape was.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my I did this a couple months ago. It was an epic bicycle accident, flipped off the curb, whacked my head, fell on my face and skidded across the pavement. I had just started a new job and I couldn't see out of one eye and had some loose teeth. Now I'm not one to just leave well enough alone, but I did this time and did absolutely nothing. Let the scab do its thing and fall off. No scar- and if I am to be perfectly honest, the new skin on that side looks even better than the side I didn't smash on concrete clipping along at a decent pace. Teeth are no longer loose, they set back into my face in about two weeks... sometimes the body is amazing and doesn't need our help. Wishing you a speedy recovery!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm no reason. But Aloe maybe right
lala005

Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

I haven't checked the forum in quite a while. But, thanks to everyone who responded.

Just wanted to update everyone and maybe help out others if they ever find themselves in a similar situation.

My skin more or less healed in 3 weeks. And my skin returned to its regular colour after about 1-1.5 months.

For the first three weeks while it was healing I kept it moisturized under a layer of vaseline and then just it let be afterwards.
jaybirl

Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:20 am      Reply with quote
lala005 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I haven't checked the forum in quite a while. But, thanks to everyone who responded.

Just wanted to update everyone and maybe help out others if they ever find themselves in a similar situation.

My skin more or less healed in 3 weeks. And my skin returned to its regular colour after about 1-1.5 months.

For the first three weeks while it was healing I kept it moisturized under a layer of vaseline and then just it let be afterwards.

Thats great to hear!

So there wasn't any kind of scarring?

Did you find it difficult to maintain and to prevent it from stabbing during that time?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |