Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)
Pillow for sleep?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
I really want to keep sleep wrinkles away and am not sure whether to take the route of looking for a sleep pillow designed to keep my head straight or using tape/silicone patches while sleeping like the way frownies work... I saw in a thread someone mentioned she uses with success the silicone scar patches by Scar Away that they sell in the drugstores. Do you think this could work for wrinkles around the mouth?

If I get a pillow to help keep wrinkles away, I really want to find a pillow that will keep my head from tilting to the left or right and thus keeping me laying on my back with my face just up forward. Does anyone have any suggestions or a pillow that really helped them with wrinkles around the mouth?

My main concern are the wrinkles around one side of the mouth, if you have any suggestions please help! I think this wrinkle was created from sleeping more on my left side so I thought doing something during my sleep to alter my ways of sleep would help.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
I would look into the Envy pillow, I have one, I'm a stomach sleeper so it's not my favourite, I use a mulberry silk pillow. I wish I could sleep on my back, then it would be perfect.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:24 am      Reply with quote
http://www.envypillow.com/

The anti-wrinkle pillow

5% products discount

Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
There are many, many pillows online for this purpose and it all depends on what you find comfortable and what sleep position you like. I think I must own them all! Embarassed
I have the Envy, the Juverest pillow and various back sleeper pillows off Ebay.

I also have satin and Dreamskin pillow cases. Dreamskin is supposedly the only fabric which prevents moisture loss on the face, or so they say. Both seem very kind to my hair, especially satin on that front. Actually we have satin sheets and I literally can't be without now, as terribly princess-y as that sounds! Even the sheets in nice hotels feel like sand paper on my skin and hair now.

My favourite sleep position is on my belly. For ages I tried to promote back sleep to prevent face smooshing but this became an issue due to suspected sleep apnoea so now I aim to either back sleep with my head in a better position (and am having a mouthpiece made) or side sleep.

Personally I found the Juverest pillow awkward to comfortably position myself on, even though I was hopeful about it. I found the Envy just ended up smooshing my face just the same.

If you are looking to only back sleep and prevent your head rolling to the side the Myface pillow or Back to Beauty face cradle may be ideal for you.

The big trick with these fancy pillows is finding one you don't have to *think* about positioning yourself on and this is very hard when you are in dream land! Its all good and well carefully positioning your head when you go to bed but you are going to toss and turn during the night and you just can't guarantee your face will fall where the pillow intends it to if it has a special designated face slot!

My personal solution is really weird considering I purchased pretty much every beauty pillow on the market and then resorted to this! What I find does the job perfectly for me is the Oxa Memory foam travel pillow with chin strap! Bad Grin NOT a beauty pillow at all. I had a satin pillowcase and a Dreamskin pillowcase customised to fit it (the originally cover just unzips.) I put it round my neck, do up the button and then use a very thin, soft, regular pillow just to prop up the very top/back of my head. Not only do I sleep like a dream with it (I find it really supports my neck and prevents me from squishing my face 100%) but if I roll around in the night the pillow just comes with me as its strapped right on to my neck! If I roll on my side I find it very supportive on my neck and, again, it keeps my face from getting crushed even in this position. It completely stops me from rolling on my belly and, consequently, my face. It also tips my head forward and helps with my breathing/sinus drainage. I know it works well as its the only pillow which I wake up on with a face that still feels moist from my products used the night before.

I had a quick google now and came across this funny looking thing called the Mumbani Fresh Face which is a headband thing that straps on. Perhaps worth checking out. My personal opinion is that anything that stays connected to YOU is the only thing that stops you subconsciously squishing your face in your sleep.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought a memory foam body pillow. I like it because it keeps me off my face. I have a habit of burying my face into my pillow with blankets to bury me. This one keeps just my jaw in contact with it instead of my smushing my eyes and cheeks.

5% products discount

Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Wow I never though there is an anti wrinkle pillow. I mean that sounds great!
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Anti-wrinkly anything will sell really well with the right marketing lol.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:01 am      Reply with quote
I bought a save my face pillow one time and have to admit that I threw it out in the end. Darned most uncomfortable thing to use and just was annoying. At one point, someone suggested using it just on my neck, folding it over to encourage me to sleep on my back and I tried it for 2 nights and then it went in dustbin!
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have to say that I love my Envy pillow, took awhile and I just bought a Tempurpedic bed which made all the difference. I also sleep on my stomach and side.

5% products discount

Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:22 am      Reply with quote
You cannot find the exact thing you are looking for but the purple pillow might be the best fit in your case....
ellaelise
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
i sleep on my back (as it's the best for your spine), and I use a wedge pillow, then a body pillow (used width-wise, not length-wise like you usually use them) & then a very expensive, very fluffy feather pillow (well, my bedding in general, from the mattress, to the sheeets, to the 6" feather bed... over $6,000, not including the actual bed that holds the mattress. Luxury bedding is so worth it). I digress, though. I find I very rarely find that I have awoken with my face pressed against the pillow.

It is great because with all the expensive products I use, I would hate to have, say, my Juno Oil Or Vintner's Daughter absorbed by my sateen sheets! Smile
blondehart
5% products discount

Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't used a pillow in years & I sleep on my back. I get many compliments on my lack of wrinkles.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Sleeping on the back is best!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
I sleep on my back every night it is great because it keep your body aligns. I use a Tempur-Neck Pillow, also because I broke a disk in my neck and never had neck problem ever again, and its great for my wrinkles. I bought it online http://www.houzz.com/photos/53081538/Tempur-Neck-Pillow-Small-contemporary-bed-pillows.

Cannot sleep without it! love it!
brownie17

Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi, everyone! I have trouble sleeping. Please recommend a good mattress and a super comfortable blanket to make me feel like I'm on a cloud.
Ace864

Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:26 am      Reply with quote
I heard that synthetic bedding and pillows, are not healthy. What do you think? Can you recommend something?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:18 am      Reply with quote
I use a silk pillow to sleep on, and wouldn't be without it. it takes a while as you slip and slide but its so worth it. I used to struggle with my hair (it was long) but I used to find that if I tied my hair into a pony tail, I could sleep quite comfortably. I toss and turn a lot (my hubby often asks what I'm dreaming about as I have hit or kicked him a few times in my sleep). I did try a memory foam pillow and hated it. The heat alone of it was way too hot for me!
RobiN0963

Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:24 am      Reply with quote
There are a lot of pros and cons about synthetical and natural materials. In my opinion, paying attention to the quality of your bedding is essential.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:18 am      Reply with quote
I sleep two pillows high with a silk pillow case. I have a flatter termpurpedic which we paid too much for and I hate. On top was a normal cool feel synthetic.
We recently paid a ridiculous amount for two pillows from the Pillow Shop in Fredricksburg, Texas bc my husband fell in love with he ones at our B&B. It is extra firm and comes in many firmness degrees. Not a bad pillow, very heavy and non-allergenic. It slowly adjusts to your sleeping habits and is "loosening" up.
He loves his and I am adjusting, still with two pillows haha.

Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Silk and sateen pillowcases are the best for me. Besides, I heard that they are prevent raging and wrinkle appearing. Usually, I try to use high-quality natural fabrics for my bedding. Usually, I choose pillows with silicone fillings and satin pillow covers. Also, I try to sleep on cotton bed sheets and cover myself with natural wool blankets. Recently, I’ve read about the benefits of using a weighted blanket. So, I ordered one from sommio.co.uk, and it worths the money I paid. I understand that some options might seem costly. But I can assure you that they are worth the money. You will notice how your face looks fresh in the morning.
talihahendrick
5% products discount

Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
pokerlady888 wrote:
I really want to keep sleep wrinkles away and am not sure whether to take the route of looking for a sleep pillow designed to keep my head straight or using tape/silicone patches while sleeping like the way frownies work cow squishmallows... I saw in a thread someone mentioned she uses with success the silicone scar patches by Scar Away that they sell in the drugstores. Do you think this could work for wrinkles around the mouth?

If I get a pillow to help keep wrinkles away, I really want to find a pillow that will keep my head from tilting to the left or right and thus keeping me laying on my back with my face just up forward. Does anyone have any suggestions or a pillow that really helped them with wrinkles around the mouth?

My main concern are the wrinkles around one side of the mouth, if you have any suggestions please help! I think this wrinkle was created from sleeping more on my left side so I thought doing something during my sleep to alter my ways of sleep would help.

Originally I was going to head to IKEA to get some pillows, but reviews don't seem great. There are so many pillows out there! Does anyone have a recommendation for a good sleeping pillow (side/front sleeper) - I don't mind paying more for good quality. Any recommendations?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:18 am      Reply with quote
When we were on vacation this Christmas the VRBO had the best pillows, comforter and mattress and the sleep was amazing. So it does make a difference.
So of course I emailed the host and got the details and before we were all home all 3 families had ordered or had on hold to pick up new mattresses and pillows.
All from Costco. The mattress was a Casper (but a one that Costco sells which is the original) and the pillows are their fluffy pillows that are around 25.00 each.
I use silk pillowcases which really helps with the hair and face wrinkles, but I always keep my head elevated and am a side sleeper.
I am a princess in the pea when it comes to bedding/sleeping my hubby says, but I prefer the term sleep connoisseur haha.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
To comfortably keep yourself sleeping on your back to prevent face and décolleté wrinkles find a u shaped travel pillow. The side arms keep
your head in place. It will take getting used to but really works. I suppose one could craft a silk cover if you prefer.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:20 am      Reply with quote
I had the U shaped pillow with a special silk covering for it. It was so horrible and I never did get used to it. Wished I could have but it wasn't comfortable or easy to sleep on. Finally tossed it when I moved last year after 12 years of keeping it around.
A silk pillow case works just as well for side sleepers, I just remember to switch sides more often.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
As we have heard here, not every pillow is suitable for every person. I've tried quite a few and for me the only one I like is one filled with buckwheat. It conforms to the shape of my neck comfortably while creating a support on the sides that keeps me flat. Let's face it, SLEEP is a very important beauty ingredient and it is so worth finding what feels right. Best of luck to all. Time for my nap!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |