Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dry Brushing vs. Wet Brushing
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
I am new to dry brushing, and sometimes forget to dry brush before getting into the shower. At that point, I brush wet, and wondering if it makes a difference as far as lymph stimulation and flow. Does it not work if the skin is wet>
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Sadly it does make a huge difference, and I once had the same question. Luckily my friend who is a lymphatic massage therapist and also into healthy things told me that the real issue with wet brushing is that it prevents the skin cells being exfoliated, and also that when the skin is wet it is more open to infection, so if you are using a synthetic brush you will likely cause more scratches on the skin surface without realising. Secondly, the actual shower in itself will be stimulating the circulation moreso and will be considered a larger priority than the body being dry brushed. If you think all the water hitting your skin cells is increasing the circulation, but without the exfoliation, whereas with dry brushing, you are increasing circulation, moving lymph, exfoliating and stimulating all at the same time. Its better to wet brush compared with no brushing at all, but I’d say it fails in comparison to dry brushing in benefits.

wrinklefreeforever wrote:
I am new to dry brushing, and sometimes forget to dry brush before getting into the shower. At that point, I brush wet, and wondering if it makes a difference as far as lymph stimulation and flow. Does it not work if the skin is wet>
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Theresa - that makes sense. So when you wet brush you're not exfoliating as well as dry brushing, but did she say if it still encourages lymph drainage and circulation?
AshleySawyer
5% products discount

Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:14 am      Reply with quote
Dry brushing definitely goes well.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:24 am      Reply with quote
She said it did but to a much lesser extent than dry brushing. Think she said it achieved 30% of what dry brushing did circulation and lymph wise, but also added that the water acted as a barrier preventing the brush from activating as much as in comparison to dry brushing.
wrinklefreeforever wrote:
Thanks Theresa - that makes sense. So when you wet brush you're not exfoliating as well as dry brushing, but did she say if it still encourages lymph drainage and circulation?
sharky2
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:52 am      Reply with quote
I have been dry brushing for about 6 weeks now. I do not necessarily believe the lymph drainage claims BUT it definitely has improved my skin texture on my arms and hands (likely because it both exfoliates and brings blood to the surface). It also just feels good in the morning makes me feel more peppy.

Worth doing!
NostalgicGirl
5% products discount

Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:42 am      Reply with quote
Dry brushing is preferable, it increases the circulation
AshleySawyer
5% products discount

Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Dry brushing works much better.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Both dry and wet brushing increase circulation - so I think its unfair to label dry brushing as only increasing circulation, however dry brushing is superior in that it both increases circulation and lymph, but also exfoliates, which is something that wet brushing does but to a much smaller extent.
NostalgicGirl wrote:
Dry brushing is preferable, it increases the circulation
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Another item to add to my ever growing list of beauty routines. I seem to always forget, must make a list and stick it to my bathroom wall!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |