Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Facial Exercise - Things You Wish You Knew Then.....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
5% products discount

Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi there, what tips and tricks would you diligent doers share based on your experience of facial exercise throughout the years?

I've just started Flex Effect and have noticed that it almost immediately GAVE me a visual NL fold that I didn't have before Laughing

I assume this is due working certain muscles that have been coasting for a while which has made what was hidden evident in the preparation for toned muscles under the skin but it was still quite disconcerting.

Also I find that its quite hard to isolate muscles when doing the exercises as I tend to "lock" a whole load of muscle groups at one time as its a skill being able to feel/isolate individual muscles (any tips?) that I think would really help with development.

My main aim is to fill the hollows under my eyes which look very sunken due to weight loss/lack of subcutaneous fat and it seems my eye muscles are week as being able to pull the upper/lower lids for the exercises is quite hard and I end up scrunching my eyes closed so once again tips would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading.
Deb Crowley
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
80085 wrote:
Hi there, what tips and tricks would you diligent doers share based on your experience of facial exercise throughout the years?

I've just started Flex Effect and have noticed that it almost immediately GAVE me a visual NL fold that I didn't have before Laughing

I assume this is due working certain muscles that have been coasting for a while which has made what was hidden evident in the preparation for toned muscles under the skin but it was still quite disconcerting.

Also I find that its quite hard to isolate muscles when doing the exercises as I tend to "lock" a whole load of muscle groups at one time as its a skill being able to feel/isolate individual muscles (any tips?) that I think would really help with development.

My main aim is to fill the hollows under my eyes which look very sunken due to weight loss/lack of subcutaneous fat and it seems my eye muscles are week as being able to pull the upper/lower lids for the exercises is quite hard and I end up scrunching my eyes closed so once again tips would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Hi There,

Re: NL folds. Yep, when you go after the face for the first time the tissue exposes all kinds of stuff right off the bat. Your face starts making gains in areas you weren't even thinking about causing something else to deal with.

Re: Hard to isolate muscles Go after each muscle through 'Negatives' this will strengthen the muscle you want to target faster... speeding up the time for each individual muscle to pull its own weight.

Re: My main aim is to fill the hollows under my eyes Not knowing your age, when I hear hollows I'm more concerned about bone loss. If you think that could be the issue train heavily in bone modeling... should take about 6 weeks to know if that is the culprit. Give me a heads-up in WorkShop Smile

5% products discount

Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the speedy and comprehensive answer Deb, much appreciated. I'll look into the bone modelling bit as I've only just started and was focussing on the mind/muscle connection and getting the main form sorted first.

Age is 40 and the facial ravaging was caused by sudden weight loss and the effects that occur so I need to bulk up my visage. The whole area under the eyes is quite depressed/thin skin with next to no fat cushioning it which causes mass crinkles upon smiling (which is something I do frequently) also whilst you're on - I never frown usually and since I've started doing your FE program I've started catching myself frowning at random times for no apparent reason Surprised It's almost like my facial muscles are being trained to look angry or something? Laughing
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
I loved my results, I was consistent for about 5 months then I stopped and ugg! Sure wish I didn't.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |