Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Has anyone used a vaculifter? Would you recommend it?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
claraboo
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I know that there is a while thread on facial cupping and I have been reading, honest Surprised

What i wanted to find out was how the vaculifter might compare to normal cupping. I have some cups of various sizes but find it really hard to get them to maintain suction, first it's really strong and then as soon as it;s moved it falls off Embarassed

I don't know whether I'm being dumb or whether the cups aren't meant for the face (although some are really tiny, easily small enough to fit under the eye).

I wondered if something like the vaculifter was much easier and more effective to use. It is very expensive, is it worth it do you think?

Sorry if you have already posted this info but I can't seem to find the answers I need!

Thanks Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Here is a great thread on Vaculifter's/Cupping!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=27735

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
betsyaida
5% products discount

Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:12 am      Reply with quote
The concept is great I love the product I got to replace the vacculift and use it along with Ageless if you dare.

My advice is to save your money and buy from this website.

http://cuppingmassage.com/Products.html

I got the 2cm for the face, 1.2 cm for around the eye area and upper lip area and for all 3 it was only 43 dollars.

Also, these units are much easier to keep clean (wash out the oil) than the vacculift is. It was impossible for me to get the oil out of the vacculift and I have problems with acne and didn't want the rancid oil filled with bacteria that was impossible to get out to spread bacteria all over my face.

The cupping massage ones are really good quality, very easy to clean, work extremely well and in my opinion better than the vacculift. I used the vacculift for about 3 weeks.

The woman is from Sweeden her name is Irka and you will have to email her for a quote in the units you are interested in and she will email you prices and instructions for how to get money to her. She had me mail her cash and I received my units before I mailed the cash. Not sure if she will do that again but that's how she did it with me. She is really super sweet!!!

I got the Vacculift from Nancy at NCN proskin care and she let me return it she has a great guarantee policy. Nancy is also super sweet and I am currently using her Copper Peptide Serum and Exfol Serum which I swapped out for the Vacculift.

I hope this helps
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Betsyaida,
I'm going to go ahead with the process of purchasing the cups from the website you suggested..they look so very 'clean' and appealing to me.. and I really like the energy of the woman who is offering them also...thenks so much for posting this information..

How did you discover how to use them...I see she offers a video..and i suppose even if it isn't in English..the visuals would be 'good' enough

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
Just an opinion from someone who owns both the Vaculifter's (all 4) and also the manual cupping devices betsy recommends..

Vaculifter's are extremely easy and efficient to use. They glide all over the skin very easily, and keep great suction. There is also a handy little button that allows you to release a little suction, without losing the seal, and likewise, giving a little extra squeeze to the bulb, lets you increase suction in motion. I had no problem cleaning them, and just used the end of a wash cloth for the inner cup, and rinse the outside under hot water......(No need to squeeze the bulb while cleaning, which would cause water to get inside.)

Manual cupping devices I found to be very hard on my hands while using, and they lost suction frequently while using them. The up side is they come apart for very easy cleaning of the cup. The other thing I don't like about them is when you finally get a comfortable amount of suction, your hand hurts so much, that you have to take a break.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
claraboo
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your replies. I decided to order a vaculifter from Germany in the end. It seemed to get pretty good reviews on the big thread.
I too have issues with loosing suction on normal cups.
I do have large rubber cups which are fine on larger areas like thighs, but any part that is a bit boney is harder for me.

let's hope it works!

clarboo Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:06 am      Reply with quote
Hmmmm...that's very interesting Kassy, especially since you have tried these same cups from the site Betsy recommended...I think i'll have to rethink what is best for me to purchase..

Betsy, you felt they were better than the vaculifter..and it seemed like you meant it in ways other than just the ease of cleaning..could you elaborate on why they are better for you?

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
Jasmine, just an FYI if you do decide on the Vaculifter...

The thread I linked above goes into much more detail, but just to offer my opinion, you will get the most mileage out of the "Large Face Vaculifter".. It is great for face, neck, chest and upper arms..

The Small Face is nice also, but it doesn't have the suction needed to be *effective* on anything other than the face/neck/chest.. (Just my opinion, based on using all 4)

Also be aware that if you are prone to broken caps/thread veins, it can make them worse for a time.. (I can't use it on my cheeks or chin..) The German woman addressed this in an email, and said it would eventually get rid of broken caps, but they could be worse for a while..

Good luck in your venture!

jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks again Kassy. Cupping for beauty...rather than just to heal existing pain... is such a new concept to me, so your experience is much appreciated.

Do you use the vaulifter on parts of your face other than your cheeks or chin...like on your brow or around your eyes?

Do you think you will ever try to 'work through' aprolonged period of broken caps on your cheeks/chin...or do you feel that it is not worth it..and other gadets, techniques, diy cosmetics will take care of your beauty issues in these areas.

I think I'm going to look/post on the thread you mentioned to see if anyone has actually been brave enough to work through broken caps (really scary!)...and how long it took them... if they were that brave.

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I have always been prone to broken caps, which is a usual occurrence for a 45 year smoker..(I know, I know, but it's a terrible * spam alert *, and I'm trying my best to quit for good, really..)

Anyhoo, my broken caps all but disappeared after using the LED religiously.. Then entered the Vaculifter, and they all came back, and then some.. No matter how gentle I was, they just got worse and worse.. I would stop the V, and really work with the light, and they would go away again.. I went through this trial and error 3 times, and then just stopped using the V on my cheeks and chin..

I use it on my forehead, along the lymphatic path at the hairline/ears, all of the neck and chest, and have no issues with that method.. I also use it gently around the entire eye area, with an eflourage type technique, in a figure 8 pattern.. This helped a little with the fluid, that just loves to collect there, no doubt due to my love of sodium .. Crying or Very sad

Perhaps now that I'm getting my skin back to excellent shape, I'll give it another try in a month or so.. For now I'm just going to concentrate on my LED, TuaViso + facial massage... I have the Ageless and Flex Effect programs, but just haven't had time to do it regularly..

betsyaida
5% products discount

Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hello

So sorry for the delay I haven’t had time to be on the site…

This is my experience using the vacculift.

The vacculift for me was much harder, not as fun to use and I was very efficient at using it. I found learning how to use it very easy and intuitive but it was still cumbersome.

The vacculift also made my hand sore from having to squeeze the bell so much but my hand gets sore from using the cupping massage ones too. I keep loosing suction on both of them a lot but I loose suction much less with the cupping massage ones.

IMHO The vaculift is not worth the money the cupping massage prices are way more realistic and in line with reality and it is easier to operate, get all the oil out of the glass portion and the bell portion (because it comes apart) and my experience it glides just as easy, if not better, than the vacculift does.

I used the vacculift 5 days out of 7 days a week for 3 weeks it was much more tedious and time consuming especially when it comes to cleaning them. It was impossible to get all the oil out of them I got tired of seeing oil caked around the tubing hole of the bell and in the tubing it was disgusting.

I actually started to dislike cupping because of all the unnecessary time I spent trying to keep them clean to no avail because there is no way to first of all actually get the inside of the blue bulb (it is permanently attached) and there is no way to get the tubing clean either (it is also permanently attached). It was frustrating seeing the rancid oil rotting away in it yuk. Finally I figured why should I fret over a dirty instrument when I could be playing with another gadget or doing agless if you dare exercises.

What I am learning is that every ones face shape is different and every ones hands are coordinated different so different products will work better for different people that's why it's so great to have so many options to choose from.

Hope this helps some
claraboo
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
That's really interesting besty, thanks Smile

I got my vaculifter a couple of days ago.

I have only used it a couple of times but and yes it does loose suction a lot which is frustrating as I thought it wouldn't.

Having said that t looses suction less than the cups and I find it is quicker and more efficient.

It is though horribly over-priced Mad

I shall update in a little while!

5% products discount

Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:15 am      Reply with quote
Your welcome claraboo,

It sounds like the vacculift is a good fit for you, that's great!

I also wanted to mention that there are other websites that sell cupping ones that look like mine but are defiantly not the same quality.

The ones I bought are thick glass bells that have thick rounded ends on the bell that make them glide easy and they are not easy to break. A lot of these other copy cat companies make theirs out of plastic with sharp edges and they do hold suction well at all because they are cheap. Also the bell quality is the same thick blue consistency on the vacculift. The bell will last a long time.

I purchased two for my face they mimic the vacculift 2cm (for face) and 1cm (for upper lip and around the eye) and then I got an additional one for arms all 3 units for $43 dollars the price includes shipping too.

I really like cupping and how it feels on my face. Have fun cupping away.... Cool
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Kassy and Betsyaida..

for posting responses to my inquirires ..you have both been so extremely helpful

(and thanks claraboo for beginning this post..and giving us your experience so far with the vaculifter)

Kassy, i found your info about cupping around your brow and by the sides of your hairline and ears..and the light touch you use over your eye area..to be very enlightening for me..i'm sure i will incoporate these techinques in my own regiment with cupping..no mater which system i get.

Betsyaida, thanks for your info..it is so good to have different imput from women who have actually experienced the different available products...

and now that i have all of this very beautifully detailed answers to my questions... i realize that..taking all of this necessary detail into account..I must rely..once again...(as i believe you were expressing Betsyaida) on my intution as to which product will actually be the very best for my particular needs.

It's interesting because i'm drawn, consciously, to the glass cups from Sweden.. they look/feel so beautiful/vital to me...but my intution is ..for whatever reason..telling me to go with the vaculifter!..

i probably won't be ordering it till february...but will report back on my experience.

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jasmine; Since I didn't have any of the problems Betsy encountered, I'll share my technique, as it might be helpful to you:

1. Only use enough oil to give some slip.. About 1 + 1/2 tsp is enough for face, neck + decollete. My favs are avocado, olive + coconut oils.. Many times I mix two. Apply to face, rinse hands, and go to it.

2. Apply the bulb of the V to the skin, then squeeze the bulb to a comfortable suction. Once it is adhered, you just steer the unit with your hand, without any more pressure on the bulb (The nicest thing about the V versus manual cups, is that you don't have to continually squeeze, which really hurts the hand).. Repeat as needed, for each area.

It will take you 3 or 4 try's to really be able to do it with ease. Once you get the hang of it, it's a piece of cake..

When cleaning, just wipe the inside of the bulb with a face cloth, then hold it downward under running hot water.. Do not squeeze the bulb while cleaning.. If you squeeze, that will allow water to get in, and you don't want that.. As long as you don't overdue the oil, there is no chance it will get in the tubing..

Good luck!

P.S. You will love the lymphatic drainage it affords!

betsyaida
5% products discount

Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
Your welcome jasminerosey enjoy your vacculift I think you will love cupping I know I do.

Very Happy
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder if this is something similar as Chinese herbalist cupping? which they use it to remove moist and wind from your body.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Just an opinion from someone who owns both the Vaculifter's (all 4) and also the manual cupping devices betsy recommends..

Vaculifter's are extremely easy and efficient to use. They glide all over the skin very easily, and keep great suction. There is also a handy little button that allows you to release a little suction, without losing the seal, and likewise, giving a little extra squeeze to the bulb, lets you increase suction in motion. I had no problem cleaning them, and just used the end of a wash cloth for the inner cup, and rinse the outside under hot water......(No need to squeeze the bulb while cleaning, which would cause water to get inside.)

Manual cupping devices I found to be very hard on my hands while using, and they lost suction frequently while using them. The up side is they come apart for very easy cleaning of the cup. The other thing I don't like about them is when you finally get a comfortable amount of suction, your hand hurts so much, that you have to take a break.

I just got my small facial Vaculifter in the mail today and just used it for the first time. My hands are so sore from squeezing the dang suction ball, just like you described above Kassy...however you said that was a problem with the other cupping device you tried. I absolutely could not keep the suction going and was constantly having to repump...sometimes using two hands. Wha the ??? I used it with Rose Hip Seed Oil. I don't know what the problem is...am I doing something wrong? I especially couldn't hold the suction when I did my upper lip like you do Kassy, pulling my upper lip area tight down around my teeth. Help please!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
I used it for a little while and I overdid it and then forgot about it and tried it again. Due to inconsistent usage, I didn't see any results.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |