Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ingredient Spotlight: Daisy Blossom Extract / Belides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
GoldenGlow90s

Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:58 am      Reply with quote
I was documenting this on SkinCareTalk but it appears I am banned. Gymrat seems to play favorites and never would give an explanation on why she’d constantly delete my posts. I needed that forum to stay consistent so I’m hoping maybe I can find some audience here who can benefit from this and other DIY recipes I am going to partake in.

I wanted to document any progress that could possibly be made with using the ingredient Daisy Blossom Extract by itself. It came up when I was researching lighteners. It was one of few a-MSH antagonists that I could actually get my hands on. The others would be Undecylenoyl phenylalanine (SepiWhite MSH, SkinWhite MSH) and Tranexamic Acid. It supposedly can effect 6 total melanin pathways. And in vitro testing (on people) showed that the lightening results were complete after 14 days. Using the lightener after that didn’t cause the skin to lighten anymore. It could be a good option for maintaining? So I’ll test this for at least 14 days by itself.

I purchased mine from FormulatorSampleShop for $10 ($2.50 off during Black Friday) + $8.99 for shipping for 2oz. However, the total active is only 20% so I’ll have to use it at 16% to get the 5% concentration I’d like. Another online store, IngredientsToDieFor, sells the active for $24.41 + $6.71 as the cheapest shipping option for 1oz but it’s a pure extract.

5% of 150 grams = 7.5 grams - $7.60 for 2 week supply if bought from IngredientsToDieFor.

16% of 150 grams = 24 grams - $7.60* for 2 week supply if bought from FormulatorSampleShop.

*If I didn’t get it on sale from FSS, it’s actually more pricey. I wish I did this math BEFORE hand. I thought I was saving myself some money! Sad You can make 5 weeks worth from FSS and 8 weeks worth from ITDF if used at 5%. There is still the initial price difference to consider.

There are some ready made products that contain this but of course, I have to DIY. A simple serum can be made by mixing the extract into Hyaluronic Acid Stock 1% and that’s all there is to it. No heating is required. If you wanna try, you could just add it to a lotion base you already have.

Daisy Blossom Extract Serum Recipe:

16% Daisy Blossom Extract (5.12% total extract)
83.5% Hyaluronic Acid Stock 1% Solution
0.5% Linatural (preservative)

I’ll use this twice daily starting December 1st — December 15th and see if I notice any difference as well as taking some photos. I didn’t wanna break my routine and I wanted to start after a deeper level peel ^_^

My skin care routine with this included is as follows:

Mornings (Face) Micellar Water with Cotton Pad, Salicylic Acid Liquid (contains alcohol) with cotton pad, Rose Water & Witch Hazel Toner, Vitamin CEF Serum, Daisy Blossom Serum, Red Raspberry Seed Oil (and sunscreen if going outside).

Mornings (Body) Wash with African Black Soap, Salicylic Acid Liquid with cotton pad on back, Vitamin CEF Serum, Daisy Blossom Serum, Lactic/Glycolic Acid Milk (if not going outside), Coconut/Cocoa Butter/Shea Mix all over, Sunscreen (if going outside).

Evenings (Face) Cleansing Oil, African Black Soap (just the lather), Micellar Water with cotton pad, GlyLuronic Serum, Daisy Blossom Serum, Hazelnut Oil.

Evenings (Body) Cleansing Oil (if sunblock was worn), African Black Soap, Daisy Blossom Serum, Glycolic/Lactic Acid Milk.

Nights (Face) Witch Hazel & Rose Water Toner, Spot Treat with Salicylic Acid, Rose Hip Seed Oil.

Nights (Body) Glycolic/Lactic Acid Milk (if it was not applied in the morning), Coconut/Cocoa Butter/Shea mix.

I follow that routine Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. On Thursday, I exclude the AHAs for the day. In the evening, I apply the Salicylic Acid Liquid and wait 30 minutes. After this, I do a Zinc Oxide/Activated Charcoal/Bentonite/Kaolin + Apple Cider Vinegar & Aloe Vera Juice Mask. Super great for blackheads and deep cleaning pores. This stays on for about 8-10 minutes before rinsed off. After rinsed, I use a cleansing oil. During this step, I can actually see blackheads on my fingers :O Rinse again and follow my Evening routine without any AHAs.

Friday, I exclude the Lactic/Glycolic Milk, Glyluronic Serum and Vitamin CEF Serum. I do a deep level Lactic/Glycolic Acid peel for 10-15 minutes on my body and 3-6 minutes on my face. Rinse, follow my Evening routine without the AHAs.

Saturday & Sunday I focus on skin building, moisturizing and repair.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |