Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Malar Pads under eyes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Went to my dermatologist's annual open house holiday party and had a free consult with an Allergen rep. She said my malar pads were getting more pronounced (which is true) and to treat them you can use Voluma to help disguise. It is a form of edema under the skin on the cheekbone area.
In doing my research I see this is true and they are very hard to get rid of. Heredity, too much sun, salt and alcohol all play a huge part (although I am not much of a drinker at all), the rest is prob valid haha.
It says that filler to lift and feather out edges helps, milk thistle supplements and also lymph tissue massage.
Has anyone had any success is reduction or elimination? Also does anyone have a tissue massage technique for this area?
Although I don't like focusing on the negatives, I did win some free botox, products and juvaderm so that helps!!!!
TIA everyone and happy holidays!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Mine are hereditary and they started becoming noticeable when I entered my forties. I keep it check by doing facial exercise, Lightstim, and lymph massage, gua sha. However, if I overeat salty food or sleep the wrong way they can get really noticeable. Other than what you described, and maybe a cheek lift might help. Hopefully someone else has some suggestions we can try.

This looked interesting:

https://www.realself.com/forum/malar-bags-cgeeks
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Thank you! How do you perform your lymph massage? I do have milk thistle on the way which I am trying next.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Annie! I ordered the milk thistle too! Laughing I want to get at it from all angles.

I just started doing the gua sha facial a few months ago and I really like it. I was doing Tanaka massage which was fine, but this one leaves my face glowy.

I use a large spoon I got from the Asian grocery store. Whatever you use cannot be sharp at all. Here is some info. about it and this is pretty much the technique that I follow:

https://completehomespa.com/gua-sha-for-face-and-neck/

I can see myself doing this for many years to come and I don't say that too often with a lot of the things I try.

Oh, and the other lymph massage, Tanaka Massage, can be found on you tube and it's very easy to follow. I like this one too!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, going to give that a try. It looks easy enough. Do you use a lotion or oil or do this on a dry face? Also Noni sent me a link to Peta on You Tube so going to be watching that as well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
I always use oil. Any type will do.

I like Peta. She's got tons of exercises available. She has something about malar pads where she had a woman use ultrasound and light therapy with good results.I had forgotten about that until I saw her name in your post. I have a little ultrasound machine, one of the original ones from Truth in Aging. I use it 2x per week but to be honest, not sure if it does anything.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |