Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
microneedlling for chemical peel damage
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mariposalinda

Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Looking for advice about microneedlling.

A little over a year ago, I damaged my skin with a chemical peel that I bought online. Instead of revealing fresh new skin, I was left with a lot of really tiny lines all over my face. It presents mostly as texture and resembles sun damage. (Previous to this, I had very smooth skin with minimal lines. I had also used other peels without any problem. This was a TCX peel and must have been too strong for me.)

I have been going using cosmetic acupuncture and microcurrent to heal my skin. Given the amount of damage to my skin, I did not want to do anything invasive, in case I made it worse. My acupuncturist uses intradermal needles which are placed in the lines to induce collagen production, much like microneedling. I then go to a different acupuncturist who runs two microcurrent protocols on my face (wound healing & facial rejuvenation) to speed the healing. Although I have seen improvement, one of the drawbacks to cosmetic acupuncture is the limited number of needles they use. I can only focus on discreet areas on face during each session and even then, not every inch of the skin within that area is treated. On top of this, it costs a lot and takes a lot of time (3-4 times a week at 1.5 session, plus transportation. I’m in a city, so that’s public transport, which can take time.)

I’ve been thinking about microneedling and have found a dermatologist that I trust. I have decided to experiment on my forehead to see if microneedling will work for me. (I am still undecided if I want to do this professionally or at home.) I went to one appointment, where they did a test with a 1mm needle and it seemed to go okay. I haven’t had any reactions to the slip they used and my forehead does not work worse 2 weeks out.

I do have some questions, though and I am hoping people can answer them:

1.The aesthetician at the Dr’s office wanted to start out with a 2.5 mm. I refused. I have done so much research on microneedling and that seemed excessive to me. From my reading (Dr’s websites, beauty forums, acne forums, home dermarolling sites), 2.5 mm is for acne scars, not fine lines. Does anyone else have any other experience with my type of damage and can recommend a gauge? You really cannot see the damage on my skin. (Or so everyone says.) At the most I am willing to go to 1.5mm, but I want to get there gradually. I don’t care if it takes a long time to heal; I don’t want to damage my skin again.

2.Has anyone done the protocol that Lance Setterfield outlines on his blog: the combo of .5 weekly/monthly with the .25 or .3 roller daily? I am also considering this, but am curious about other people’s experiences.

3.If I were to continue with the Dr’s office and get a 1-1.5mm microneedling every month, can I still roll everyday/every other day with the .25 or .3 roller? I obviously would wait until my skin had healed from the procedure at the Dr’s office.

Thanks for reading this. It’s been a rough journey. I am looking forward to any information you can give me.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Accidentally posted a reply. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
I’m not an expert, but have done many dermarolls on myself.

I think you were smart not to go with the 2.5mm. That is serious medical grade level. Given your situation, slow and steady with a lower length is safer.

I did the Setterfield protocol for a month or so. Found it was too time consuming for me. Plus my skin was getting fussy and sensitive. RI don’t have sensitive skin normally, so I decided to back off. The data on it seems promising though.

As for #3, I think you could still do the .3mm rolls, but watch how your skin is reacting. For me, the constant inflammation didn’t seem good.

Glad your skin is doing better and hope the rolls add more improvements.
mariposalinda

Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for wading through my long post. Given what happened last year, I am so nervous about doing anything new to my skin. (Researching does not always help: you see the bad along with the good!)

I'm glad that you confirmed what I already thought: 2.5mm was excessive. I'll stick with my original plan.

That the Setterfield Protocol is time consuming does not surprise me. I am also still undecided if I really want to take that on at home.

If I decide to do additional rolling, I probably won't do it every everyday; it may be more like every other day. I am also afraid of overdoing it and inflaming my face. I seem to be able to tolerate needles in my face 4 days a week now, so that might be the right amount.

I'll try to post about my progress - probably in the other forum. I know I am not the only one to be damaged by MUAC peels, so my journey may be helpful for someone else.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |