Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Facial Yoga--Experts say it really can make you look younger
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
havana8

Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
What is facial yoga? Experts say it really can make you look younger.
Yes, working out your face muscles may take years off your face, but it’ll cost you — your time, that is.

"The data suggest the exercises do help the face look younger (at least for more than a dozen women followed over the course of the study)."

https://www.nbcnews.com/better/pop-culture/what-facial-yoga-experts-say-it-really-can-make-you-ncna845596
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
I love you ladies so hard! I've been waiting for an article like this for quite some time, as I've been nervous to try any regular facial exercises for fear of doing "more damage than good." I was also uncertain what the optimal daily time frame was to see results.

(I tried some for the mouth area that I discovered on this very forum, but that was a very long time ago and I didn't do them for long enough. I was still very grateful to whomever introduced me to them. They were beginning to help, but I didn't know if things were going to get better before they got worse, you know?)

A half an hour a day is a very small price to pay, especially considering I used to spend an hour meditating every day when I was more spiritual. I wish I would have been doing this instead! Laughing
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:44 am      Reply with quote
I really want to applaud Gary Sikorski of Happy Face Yoga, as he is really doing a lot of work to get studies validated for what facial exercises can do - and its often amazed me that other programs haven't done so and its a shame really because it would give a lot more credit to them if they did.

Chlorophyll I would make one suggestion for you. You mention about doing them for the mouth only - DON'T. Seriously that will give you awkward results because its like spot training. I like the analogy given to me one time, which is when you see guys who go to the gym and train their chest and arms, sure it works and looks great, but when you see them in shorts - you notice their lower body just doesn't match and looks odd. Well if you train your mouth, you are doing just that and it will create a strange look that takes time to repair and undo.

Start off with a whole program to target all your face instead. That will give you better results. When it comes to half an hour timing - you will find most programs are well within that range. Facercise is twice a day for 7 minutes, and there are many others out there. Face Yoga takes about 1/2 an hour - but works all the muscles and you have time to target problem areas too. Same with all the other yoga programs out there. Do a complete program not just your mouth area because that always leads to trouble.

I'm glad I did them when I did, I just wish I had started sooner. I didn't begin them till my 50's and I sure wish I had done them sooner (but by that I mean 40's or 30's - in your 20's you don't need them - in my opinion).
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Thank you! I didn't think of that at the time.

There's so many programs I have no idea where to begin, but I'm sure if I poke around the forum I'll find some good recommendations. LOL.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
A great program to start out with is Tom Hagerty's shapeyourface.com and he has a dvd that you can buy with him demoing them all, but they are written up and he mans his own forum there too which is invaluable. Then depending on your needs and goals look around. Ageless is nice, quick and easy, but then there are others out there too. Really depends what you want to achieve, but Tom's program is complete, 5 exercises and goes after the major groups so a good place to start and delivers results!
Chlorophyll wrote:
Thank you! I didn't think of that at the time.

There's so many programs I have no idea where to begin, but I'm sure if I poke around the forum I'll find some good recommendations. LOL.
joshuamiller7602

Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
Face yoga has been recognized as an ultimate antiaging workout for youthful and radiant facial skin. It is not exactly a trend as of now, but it can significantly tone, tighten and brighten your facial skin. While you might consider them as just funny faces, but these are quite effective.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:58 am      Reply with quote
Of course I forgot to mention Gary's program which this study is based on is also really good and this is a link: https://www.happyfaceyoga.com/
snowdrop

Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Fantastic article! Thanks for sharing.

I remember when I started doing the face yoga program. I did see some complexion increases pretty much right away. No dramatic huge changes in tone or lift, but I continued doing the exercises because it felt so good to do them and I liked the slight plumpness and glow after. I didn't see any negative side-effects. Then suddenly some months later I realized there was some great change. Which really boosted my confidence!

I think the best thing is to enjoy and feel you are taking care of yourself when doing it. Have special time for you. Learning from others can keep you engaged as well. Constantly looking for results will make time pass so slowly and discourage. Stay with it! You wont regret the investment in yourself.
Richa94
5% products discount

Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 am      Reply with quote
Yes, you heard it right. Facial yoga plays an important role in tightening facial skin. There are few face Yoga Asana's that you need to practice daily in order to achieve the results. I am mentioning few of them here for your reference -

1) Puppet face: It is performed to lift nasal labial folds.
2) Get cheeky: It is performed to firm our cheeks.
3) Baby bird: It is performed to prevent our skin and chin from sagging.
4) Buddha face: To reset your face to a neutral, unlined state

I have practiced these asana's for quite a few months now and I am experiencing the benefits of it. Hope you will also enjoy doing it and have your skin look youthful.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |