Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Review: Jergen's "Natural Glow"-found self-tanner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Dianne
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 04, 2005 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
I don't use it on my face but my friend has. She is in her mid 40's and said that it really settled in her lines and made them significantly more noticeable Crying or Very sad
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 04, 2005 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Well I tried the Fair shade for the past 2 days, and I have to say that I'm not impressed either! Maybe it's just too light - I don't know. It does make your skin feel really nice, but the smell is just horrible! I think I can safely say that it's the strongest smelling self-tanner that I've ever used. The color is natural, but just really light. Maybe I'll try looking for the Medium.
I was using that new Coppertone Endless Summer Bronzing Foam, and I think I like that better.
I'm bummed though....I really wanted to like the Jergens. Crying or Very sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 7:48 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the NG for fair skins now for nearly a week. I love the slight glow that it gives your skin. I get very little odour with it, much less than some of the other brands of self tanner that I have used. I guess it depends on the chemistry within each of us as to how much it will or won't smell - bit like perfumes suiting some skins and not others I suppose!

For me I tend to apply it at night. I did start applying in the morning, but I didn't seem to have enough time to leave it to 'settle in' and I was noticing definite white marks where my socks were!!!

The only negative that I can find about it is that I after I have been running, the colour tends to come off where I have been sweating. Obviously this is to do with the friction and the sweat and under normal circumstances this wouldn't happen, so it's not really a big negative!

Thanks to Carrie I also have a tube of the Medium to try, so will give this a go to see the comparison.

T x
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 3:41 am      Reply with quote
SCORE!!! I hit a different Walmart this morning on the way to work (4am), and there was a shelf full of Natural Glow – the lady was stocking the shelves with it when I get there, and she’s giving me a dirty look because I was loading them into my basket faster than she could get them back on the shelf!! *Heh heh heh* So that means I can pack up the boxes for both Loops and Rzecka this weekend – I’ll probably get them in the mail on Monday. PayPal bills forthcoming....

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered mine on the internet, and got in in two days!! I got the medium and really like it, good find Very Happy
marmur1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2005 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
After all of your wonderful comments about Natural Glow, I looked EVERYWHERE and couldn't find any at all. I know lots of you are having the same problem...

It sounds like Wal-Mart might be the place to go, as they had a shelf-full this evening! I was so excited. Can't wait to try it...

Thanks for all of your great reviews! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2005 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Well, I got my first tube at a London Drugs and they didn't have to many on the shelf Laughing

I really like it too....easy to apply just like lotion and didn't have any streaks (I got the medium). My boyfriend actually likes the smell, says I smell like "baked goods" or "a crossiant" Shock

My only concern is that once after using self tanner (tan towel) my nail tech (have acrylic nails) could tell that I had used tanner cause my nails were yellow even though I literally scrub my hands after Confused Will see how it goes with the Jergens Very Happy
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2005 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
SCORE!!! I hit a different Walmart this morning on the way to work (4am), and there was a shelf full of Natural Glow – the lady was stocking the shelves with it when I get there, and she’s giving me a dirty look because I was loading them into my basket faster than she could get them back on the shelf!! *Heh heh heh* So that means I can pack up the boxes for both Loops and Rzecka this weekend – I’ll probably get them in the mail on Monday. PayPal bills forthcoming....

Carrie, you are an Angel. Thank you
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2005 4:32 am      Reply with quote
cbrooke wrote:
My only concern is that once after using self tanner (tan towel) my nail tech (have acrylic nails) could tell that I had used tanner cause my nails were yellow even though I literally scrub my hands after Confused Will see how it goes with the Jergens Very Happy
If you have any of this problem with the Jergens, you can always buy a cheap pair of rubber gloves and put those on when you're applying your Natural Glow....

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2005 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
I'm fair skinned olive toned Asian skin and used the fair on my legs. After a few days, I turned yellow rather than golden. I'm thinking it works best on someone with pink toned skin. If anyone in the U.S. wants the remainder of my product, let me know and I'll send it out to you rather than throw it away. Also if anyone knows of a good self tanner for Asian skin that doesn't make us look jaundice, please let me know as well!
WhyIOughtaWhat

Mon May 30, 2005 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone,
I am new here, my first night.
I have been using the Jergens Natural Glow , medium for about a week now.
I love it and the color makes me look healthy and sunkissed.
I did not want to wear shorts becasue my legs looked so pale. I do have olive coloring and
the Medium was great for me.
I do not think anyone will be disappointed in this oonce they try it.
I found mine at Walmart and Target, but they say they cannot keep them on the shelves.
I apply it after my shower and I also apply another mositurizer on top of it, usually Keri because it has an SPF15 in it. If you want the shimmer, try Nivea, they have a medium-dark shimmer lotion that looks great over the Jergens Natural Glow.
Someone actually asked me if I just returned from a vacation! Which is funny, becasue I have not been on one for years and I work from home, so I am never outside that much, But thanks to Jergens, I look as if I am an outdoors lady :)

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:12 am      Reply with quote
I'm so glad it worked for you, Marsha! It can be your little secret that you didn't just return from a vacation. Cool

Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I posted earlier about this product and love it.
I was not sure about using on my face, so I called them and was told it is safe for the face.
I was also told that if you use any other lotion afterward, whether on your body or face, that you should wait 10 min. to let the Jergens penetrate and then you can continue with your other lotions and face creams.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
I have been waiting months for this product to come to my area. Bad Grin A few months ago I ordered on line but cancelled my order because they were back ordered for so long. Seems like Jergens had more of a winner then they expected and couldn't keep up.

Today there was a display at CVS (very few left). Looking forward to some color on my legs. Smile

Who is still using/liking it?
WhyIOughtaWhat

Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Winnie,
I have been using Jergens natural Glow for about a month now and love it.
I apply after my shower and after I let it dry or sink in, then I apply any other lotion I want to use. The gradual color is fantastic and no streaking. I called Jergens and was told it is safe to use on the face too. They said to apply it before your other moisturizers and to let set for 5 to 10 min first.
It is hard to find. I have foud it at Target, WalMart and Walgreens.. Good luck.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:10 am      Reply with quote
Our Walmart finally restocked and I almost jumped for joy in the aisle when I saw it. (Five yr old thought I had found some great new toy. When I showed him what I was excited about he practically deflated and said "oh, more of mommy's makeup")

ANyway, I tried the fair, and I like it for my body. Approppraite name because I felt like it gave my pale skin a "natural glow" Smile

I used it on my face once and it looked nice. Being that I have trouble doing anything in moderation I thought "more" must surely be better and appled it for a secnd day. UGH!! Should have taken Diane's advice.....it settled into my lines and made certain areas look reddish-orange. It has finally faded away.

So, nice for body(almost streak-proof Smile ) but careful on face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:06 am      Reply with quote
I’m still using and loving it!! After I attained my “optimum glow level” by applying it daily for three days straight, I now apply it every 2nd or 3rd day to maintain my natural glow! Very Happy I haven’t received any ‘refill requests’ from my pals in the UK recently, so I’m wondering if they are no longer enchanted with the Jergens...?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Carrie,
With the British weather like it is, I normally look like an eskimo when I go out. So I only use it when weather is good enough to go out without being covered from head to toe, no point in wasting it. I tried it on my face not a good result, I looked like I had been tangoe'd. I may try on face again but dilute it first with a bit of moisturiser, I think less maybe more in this case. My friend absolutely loves the stuff, so I will be re-ordering in the future. Also I know your life is a bit up the wall at the moment so I am restraining myself until you get settled back into your house.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Just read this wonderful review and I want some!! I'm in the UK so will have to wait til I visit before I get some I guess.

I'll be in the USA in two weeks time, yippeeee, can't wait. Hey, whereabouts in Walmart is this stuff? With the body lotion section or with sun tan lotions? I know how big those stores are and that's always our first stop to the USA, hubby's in his element in Walmart... sad but true!! Smile
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:09 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
Hey, whereabouts in Walmart is this stuff?
Body lotion aisle. I think your going to be in luck because lately it looks like Jergens is finally able to keep up with the demand for this product because I have seen it on the shelves of every store that I've looked. Just this morning, Walgreens had a huge special display with a sign that read, "This just in..."

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:15 am      Reply with quote
Fab, thank you, shame it takes so long to develop as I'd like to be a bit browner before I visit.
hivanessa28
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:28 am      Reply with quote
I have tried them all from expensive salon spray on tans to even a salon massaged on one ($$$), and none of them come close to Jergens! Laughing
I have pale/med skin that sort of blotches easily with tanning products if not applied perfectly and then wears off unevenly; with this lotion and its gentliness, there are no lines, 'drips' or any unnatural spots on knees/ankles. And they're right; its a slower process; took my skin four days, but worth the wait for the natural glow look.
Thank you EDS writers for this great product!
My only complaint is that tanning smell; not too bad on the body, but I like to apply it to my face and it does smell a bit. But again, not any worse than the most expensive tanners I 've tried.
Keep these new product reviews coming!
Your new member, Vanessa Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi Vanessa

Was in Lake Tahoe a couple of years ago, had a high floor view overlooking the lake, very beautiful, 'Heavenly' was just that, heavenly. Smile

OK this Jergens stuff, do you have to wipe it off with a tissue around your knees, knuckles, elbows and feet after applying like you would a normal self tanner? If it's got a slight shimmer to it, is it noticeable if you apply to your face? I don't want to look like a sparkly Oompa Loompa! Smile
hivanessa28
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sarahb,
No, Jergens is gentle and forgives mistakes. Its so "Light" that you won't get any of those problems like darkened ankles/knees as day by day you'll see the very slight darkening of the skin. I even forgot to wash my hands after applying one night and thought I'd have dark palms, but NO, you couldn't even tell I had left it on. It really does take a few days to notice anything darker... does that help you? And there is only a 'glow' (I usually forget and only apply once a day instead of twice), but not shiny or anything fake! Its a VERY easy product to try.
I used the one for "LIGHT" skin as thats the easiest one I figured to not make mistakes with... its not even close to those regular tanners! No orange, no streaks; just need patience.....
And THANKS for the compliments about Lake Tahoe! I came for a summer vacation and never went back to LA!
Still has clean, pine air and a clear, deep lake. I actually live over on the Nevada side of the lake in the valley called Carson Valley; more residental and less touristy. But I never miss a chance to play at the Lake!
Vanessa Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:07 am      Reply with quote
This stuff sounds interesting Cool ..has anyone used the Johnsons Summer Skin or whatever it's called and the Jergens for comparison?

Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |