Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
What do you use to remove your make up?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
yummymummy

Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:08 am      Reply with quote
I wear quite a heavy foundation (Estee Layder Double Wear)and its a nightmare to get off. I've just started to use Skinceuticals Simply Clean but not sure if it is designed to remove heavy face make up? What do others use to remove their eye & face make up? Thanks in advance.
Mabsy

Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:10 am      Reply with quote
I'm using Cellcosmet Gentle Cream Cleanser - wonderful cleanser and takes off everything. I also like YonKa Gel Nettoyant - that was pretty good in terms of makeup removal (including eye makeup).
cait2k3
5% products discount

Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:24 am      Reply with quote
i use aveda's makeup remover..love it [and i usually hate aveda stuff]!
fatsia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi

Please don't laugh I use organic margarine to remove my eye makeup. It was suggested by the model Marie Helvin, I would highly recommend it.

Fatsia
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:50 am      Reply with quote
fatsia wrote:
Hi

Please don't laugh I use organic margarine to remove my eye makeup. It was suggested by the model Marie Helvin, I would highly recommend it.

That is very interesting!! It must be a little greasy yo get it off after though.

Anyway, I use Dr. Brandt D-Face. I really like the product because it works for both eye make up and foundation. I don't know how heavy the EL foundation, but I play around with MAC products a lot and they are super heavy, and it gets it off easily.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:54 am      Reply with quote
Margarine - what a fantastic idea!!!
I agree MAC make-up is great for wear on oily skin but a bugger to get off.
I discovered this great cleanser for removing make - up by simply divine botanicals called 'outer body experience for face, body and hair'.

here's the ingredient: unconditional love, organic whole-leaf aloe vera, eloptic, energized and oxygenated water, msm, ash of dedecyl dehydrabiethamine (coconut derived), calcium, potassium, magnesium, oils of avocado, almond, olive, coconut, grapefruit seed extract, vitamin e, liposome, vitamin c, and essential oils.

Apparently you can use this to wash your hair and body - so it would be great for when going away. It was expensive at $19.95. Great for oily skin, no good for dry.
When I first got this stuff, I couldn't work out how I was supposed to use it - it's aa green liquid and smelt like....washing up liquid!!!! You wet your hands, pour on some liquid, lather, then wash your face.
If you are curios I would recomend you get a sample first - big price difference - $1. I think I will re-purchase. www.simplydivinebotanicals.com
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:28 am      Reply with quote
I really do like the margarine idea! I'm sure all you use is very little to do the job.

I'm using Pond's cold cream to take the bulk of my makeup off, although, it does not take off mascara. Than I wash my face and my cleanser takes it off.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
fatsia wrote:
Hi

Fatsia

*wow* - I've never heard of this before - and it works? How great is that?! What is your skin type, Fatsia? Do you rinse it off, and then follow with something else?
Thanks!
Pudoodles
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
I put sorbolene cream on cottonballs and wipe over my face- this is fantastic for getting rid of everything, and is gentle enough for eyes (but still be careful).
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Fatsia -- do you have to keep it refrigerated? I like the idea but if I have to go downstairs to my kitchen every time I remove my makeup it's a no-go for me!

I am currently using Dr H Cleansing Milk as a makeup remover. . . it's been working rather well but I don't use heavy duty makeup.
mailnat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Yonka gel nettoyant always works for me Smile!
misskoslow
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:13 am      Reply with quote
I use SkinCeuticals Foaming Fash Wash. It's totally clear with a consistency of water (until you push the pump) but its really great at getting off makeup! Better than my cleanser... Smile
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:18 am      Reply with quote
olive oil or boots time delay balm. Massage in, hotish flannel wipe off and rinse it out. Repeat til clean Very Happy

I wonder if you use one of those french butters with the extra lactic acid cultures, would that give you a bit off exfoliation if you ran out of marge? Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:53 am      Reply with quote
I’ve been using Decleor Cleansing Gel to remove my makeup (including waterproof eye makeup)...
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:13 am      Reply with quote
I use Oil of Olay Cleansing Face Wash, and it removes even mascara. Love it!

Estée Lauder's Splash Away does a great job as well. Liquid Neutrogena is also wonderful.
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:31 am      Reply with quote
I use the SkinCeuticals Simply Clean Cleanser and find that it removes makeup much better than when I was using ProActiv cleanser. When following up with a toner, I find less makeup residue on the cotton ball. Also, the description of Simply Clean Cleanser says it "removes impurities, excess oils, and makeup."

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:49 am      Reply with quote
I also use the Double Wear-Have you tried the EL makeup removal cloths they come in a pack of 45. I used them last night and then washed w/my DDF cleanser and it took everything right off. Let me know-do you like the double wear-you can e-mail me your response
Kk1668
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="carekate"]I’ve been using Decleor Cleansing Gel to remove my makeup (including waterproof eye makeup)...[/quote]

Carekate,

Do you use the Decleor's Foam cleanser or the Cleansing Gel? Does the Cleansing Gel foam up?

KK
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Cleansing GEL – but it doesn’t foam up.
ella_stella
5% products discount

Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
I use L'oreal derma protect cleansing milk for dry skin followed by l'oreal velvety nourishing toner and l'oreal dermo expertise revitalift.but i tend to chop and change what i use Very Happy but i've always used rimmel's non oily gentle eye make up remover - you can get this in your eye and barely notice!

5% products discount

Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Liz Earle cleanse and polish. Takes off all my make up and leaves my face lovely and soft Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |