Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help with premature aging!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
christiania
5% products discount

Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:36 am      Reply with quote
I'm 24 years old and recently began a new job which requires a 2 hour commute (I end up walking over an hour a day). Admittedly I wasn't eating as well as I should have and ended up losing several pounds the last couple weeks (I'm now abt 5'8" and 110-112 pounds). The scary thing is I've developed some serious lines on either side of my mouth and now look way older than 24. Are these wrinkles permanent? Is there a way I can get rid of them short of surgery?
dionne
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:47 am      Reply with quote
christiania, this is happening to me too. i'm 23 and whilst i have no lines around my mouth, i have ALOT of fine lines under my eyes. when i smile its even worse. i work from 8am to 7pm. i think i can pass for 30.I don't know whether the wrinkles are permanent, but right now i've started taking ALOT of vitamins, be it vitamine E, C, B, A Evening primose oil, Flax seed oil, Cod liver oil, the like. It does help somewhat. other than that, I don't know what else I can do! I suppose you could put on a hydrating mask every morning to minimise the appearance of lines. I do that maybe twice to three times a week.
christiania
5% products discount

Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:54 am      Reply with quote
I take omega oil capsules every day and have started rubbing the area with vitamin e.

What I'm wondering is if I gain the weight back that I've lost (get myself back to my normal weight of 115-120) will the deep lines around my mouth go away, or will it stretch the skin further?

I guess my situation should serve as a warning for all of you haha, when you lose weight make sure you do it gradually and carefully! A perfect stomach is NOT worth looking 5 years older, let alone damaging your health!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:22 am      Reply with quote
christiania wrote:
I'm 24 years old and recently began a new job which requires a 2 hour commute (I end up walking over an hour a day). Admittedly I wasn't eating as well as I should have and ended up losing several pounds the last couple weeks (I'm now abt 5'8" and 110-112 pounds). The scary thing is I've developed some serious lines on either side of my mouth and now look way older than 24. Are these wrinkles permanent? Is there a way I can get rid of them short of surgery?

The lines around you mouth most likely are because your face is drawn. I lost 20 lbs. last year. Although I am a lot older than you, my face sagged and the lose of weight made me look a lot older then I did prior to losing the weight.

To me, it sounds like you are too thin for your height. Please correct me if I am wrong. Perhaps you need to add some GOOD FAT to your diet. If you are under stress and are having trouble controlling it meditation and Yoga are a big help. Exercise helps as it brings oxygen to you face. Put yourself first.

May I suggest starting to use a good Vit. C serum and moisturizer. Also drink plenty of water as you may be dehydrated.

One step at a time!!

By the way I am a senior and my lines around my mouth have filled in from good skincare. I am also doing facial exercise and have gained back a few pounds.

Good luck!!

Winnie
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Eating lots of fruits and vegetables and getting proper minerals and vitamins help prevent premature aging. Try adding some Vitamin supplements to your diet -- a B complex is a great place to start. Also try upping your consumption of fruits and veggies. Putting on a few pounds should help fill out your face, too. It's not like youi lost 100 lbs! Things should return to normal.
UltraSkin
5% products discount

Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
You have already received great advice. Additionally, and to reiterate, you should be getting enough nutrient-dense calories (as opposed to empty calories that have little to no nutritional value)to get you into optimal health...At your age and height, you could very easily go to 130 lbs, which will help to fill out your lines. You should also use a vitamin c serum, minimum of 15%, AND a great penta-peptide cream on those lines that concern you... Give yourself eight weeks after you have implemented these suggestions, and report back to us.

The very best vitamin/mineral packet is called LifePak. This is a comprehensive multi-vitamin/mineral/micro-nutrient packet that you take once in the morning with breakfast, and at night with dinner. Let me know if you need more information on any of these specifics.
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Some good fat choices:

Avocadoes
Raw, unsalted nuts (at health food store)
Olives
Olive,grapeseed (and various other) oils.

Also, eat your greens! If you love romaine and other leaf lettuces, make a big salad and put the above ingredients on it with some fresh lemon juice or balsamic vinegar. You could also throw some cooked chicken in there, too. Maybe some whole grain breads, too? Oh and some fruits and steamed veggies, too--all good for your skin! Laughing

Okay, sermon over. I'm 5'8", too. My goal is 130-135. I'm small boned.

Great advice!
christiania
5% products discount

Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
update:

I've been eating like a horse, drinking loads of water, taking vitamins, and applying vichy reti c cream for almost a week now and no change.

This cropped up so suddenly (basically within the space of a week or two) that I'm expecting a quick fix, but I guess I should be patient.

Just to be on the safe side, I booked an appointment with my family doctor to rule out any thyroid/anemia etc. issues (runs in my family).
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
I think you are being very wise to see your doctor christiania. Once you know you do not have a medical condition you can concentrate on your skin care, stress reduction and diet. Good luck to you and please let us know how you make out.

Winnie
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
Some people gain and lose weight in their face. Are you one of them? Personally, when I lose weight, I can definitely see it in my face. Sort of thin face, fine-featured so it really shows. As you age, you do lose those nice cushy fat pads that were under your skin when you were six that made your skin look so nice and firm, so young.

I think gaining back some weight with good-for-you food is just the ticket. The dr. visit is a smart move, too. If you are walking outside for an hour each day, is it possible that you are also dehydrated and/or exposing your skin to wind/cold/heat/sun? All could cause lines to look more prominent that before. Cetaphil spf 15 is a nice drugstore moisturizer with sunscreen in it that might help with dehydration/sun protection issues.

Good luck! Hope you like your new job.
freckles127
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Great advice so far! I second the recommendations in your diet regarding the healthy fats: avocado, nuts (I eat peanut butter on whole wheat bread for breakfast) and almond butter is an even better choice, fish with omega 3 such as salmon and tuna, and white/green tea. Don't forget the sunscreen every morning to prevent any more fine lines from appearing.
ella_stella
5% products discount

Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Try some self massage therapy.. lightly pinch the skin where the lines are appearing because it tones the muscle. tap all over your face with your finger tips. the pinching movement is really good for all sorts of areas like plumping up your cheeks as well and slightly off topic it you do it from your chin with both hands working out in both directions preceded by pressing on the skin and pulling out in both directions towards the ears, this will drain your lymphatic system and help get rid of spots. Be patient thought it's not a quick fix!

5% products discount

Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Well, since my first post, I've gained several pounds, started exercising, drinking a ridiculous amount of water, applying vitamin C/retinol/anti oxidant serum, and eating without guilt . . and still looking like ass! Argh! There hasn't been much change, it looks like none of the weight I gained went to my face, and though people close to me tell me I'm overreacting I suspect that they're just being nice.

I'm beginning to resign myself to looking like a desperate housewife at the ripe old age of 24. Or maybe I'm just being impatient and it takes longer? In any case I'm beginning to wonder if I should give up.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:14 am      Reply with quote
christiania wrote:
Well, since my first post, I've gained several pounds, started exercising, drinking a ridiculous amount of water, applying vitamin C/retinol/anti oxidant serum, and eating without guilt . . and still looking like ass! Argh! There hasn't been much change, it looks like none of the weight I gained went to my face, and though people close to me tell me I'm overreacting I suspect that they're just being nice.

I'm beginning to resign myself to looking like a desperate housewife at the ripe old age of 24. Or maybe I'm just being impatient and it takes longer? In any case I'm beginning to wonder if I should give up.

Don't give up christiania Sad
When I tured 24, almost a year ago, all of the sun/smoking damage from years of abuse turned up on my face dramatically . All of my sudden I felt like my face was collapsing and the chubby cheeks which had always made me look so young seemed to have melted off over night. I was so freaked out and wanted to start running around asking everyone how old they thought I really looked. You just have to give it time. You have already stared taking better care of yourself, and things will improve!!! Very Happy Very Happy Once you have found the right products for your skin, I am sure they will start to work and in a few months time, you will see an improvement. Until then, I would just try to remember that you are healthier now. Taking all these vitamins and drinking water is good for you! and it will show through your skin.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |