Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Vie Collection Mela White Radiance Brightening Essence (150 ml / 5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)
MAC 187 Stippling Brush
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 11:03 am      Reply with quote
I recently purchased the MAC 187 Stippling brush. In one word: "FABULOUS." I believe I have almost all the Jane Iredale brushes. I collected them when I worked in a salon. MAC 187 is pure genius!!! I am not a big fan of makeup as I like a very natural look and sheer coverage. The 187 applies powders and blushes as if air brushed. Blushes and bronzers look as if you were just kissed by the sun. Everything blends with ease and colors seem to melt in and become part of your skin. I cannot say enough about this WONDER. I also did a search on MUA. Well, the reviews for this brush are impressive. Luckily I was able to purchase brand new on EBAY for $30.00. Now that I have it I would happily pay full price. Highly recommended.

Thank you phredd4 and anya for the recommendation.

http://www.gloss.com/mac/index.jsp?clickid=hmp_leftnav_img&n-state=http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/products/sp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID%3dCATEGORY15084%26PRODUCT_ID%3dPROD6578~~shopping-cart-location
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Winnie!!!! Mad You are so bad putting this temptation in my path!!!! Laughing

Just wondered how does this brush compare with the Jane Iredale Handi?
Do You mainly use this for Bronzer and Blush?
I am sure I have read about the more inexpensive Flirt Skunk Brush being very similar to the MAC Stipling

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 11:34 am      Reply with quote
The flirt is smaller & not as full-no comparison the Mac one isbetter for pigmented blushes & bronzers
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 11:53 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
Winnie!!!! Mad You are so bad putting this temptation in my path!!!! Laughing

Just wondered how does this brush compare with the Jane Iredale Handi?
Do You mainly use this for Bronzer and Blush?
I am sure I have read about the more inexpensive Flirt Skunk Brush being very similar to the MAC Stipling

I am also using this brush for my Physicians Formula Mineral Makeup. rosebud, this is a very high quality brush. I did look at the Flirt (after I purchased the MAC). I am glad I paid the extra $$$ for the MAC. I JUST LOVE IT!!!!!

I have used the JI Handi brush for years. While I really like it, the MAC 187 seems to give much more control over coverage. Makeup does not seem to sit on top of your skin, rather melts right in. Soooooo natural. Smile
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
I think I will wait a while until I next go on holiday....it will be cheaper at the airport......cheaper still if I go back to the US Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Winnie, I'm so happy to hear that you're loving this brush! Although mine is a cheaper version, and I only use it for applying blush, there is no comparison between it and any other blush brush I've used previously. It only picks up a miniscule amount of blush , spreads beautifully and gives a very natural look.

Anya
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 7:25 am      Reply with quote
IMO there's no comparison between the JI Handi and the MAC. I find the Handi prickly while the MAC is sheer heaven to use. I'm using it to apply my mineral makeup foundation and it gives me light yet decent coverage. If necessary I can swirl/buff another layer for more coverage. I've also tried it with brighter blushes and it works well too, but I've also got the Lancome skunk brush so that's reserved for blushes.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 7:48 am      Reply with quote
anya, which cheaper version are you using? I'd like to try it before I splurge on the MAC version...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 10:42 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
anya, which cheaper version are you using? I'd like to try it before I splurge on the MAC version...

I'm think the one anya is using is from the Flirt! line of brushes that is sold at Kohl's department stores. Not sure of the price and they don't list it at kohls.com, but I'd say it's ALOT cheaper than the MAC and Lancome.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 11:41 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:

Hey Liz,
I got mine at essentialbeautysupplies.com - it was around $7 or $8 from memory. The original shipment got lost (I live in Canada), and the owner, Becky, was really sweet and sent me a replacement Very Happy

Anya
dream4more
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
I got the one made by Lancome and really like it. I have heard it is not quite as full as the Mac one but it does seem to do a nice job. Lancome runs $25.00
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 20, 2006 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
I love my Handi brush but after reading this review looks like I have to try MAC Smile Thanks Winnie Wink
jadette
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 5:53 am      Reply with quote
I have the MAC187 brush and loooove it! Very Happy
It is awesome to use for applying any type of powders. It really does make the color look sheer and "from within" once applied on your face. It was steep at $42 plus tax, but I may have to buy another one since it works so great.
System
Automatic Message
Tue May 14, 2024 2:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) Dr Hauschka Sensitive Care Conditioner (1 ml x 50 Amps) Institut Esthederm Intensive Propolis+ Kaolin Purifying Mask (75 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |