Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Decleor Essential Balm
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Not a whole heck of alot to say here -- thought I would *marvel* at this treatment in much the same way I recently raved over the Decleor Hydrotenseur....but so such luck! No sooner had I warmed it it up and massaged it in than I felt like I had been sprayed by a blowtorch! My face immediately felt like it was on fire! I tried to leave it for 3 or 4 minutes but I just couldn't....I had to wash it off...Now I'm sitting here shocked Shock - my skin is still tingling uncomfortably...hopefully it will calm down shortly...oh well, so much for that - (sigh) well - at least I can still use the Hydrotenseur!
Pudoodles
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
holy cow! that doesn't sound good... are you okay now? that sounds a bit scary!
i haven't had anything like that happen to me (touch wood) and i've been using the balm off and on for about a year *i keep forgetting i have it as it gets pushed to the back of the 'beauty drawer'*
i've got a big tub of it (salon size) and find it great in winter when i've been out and about in the wind and my face just needs a little extra help.

Kiwigirl.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks kiwigirl! Very Happy My skin is feeling much cooler - thank goodness...I'm just going to wait a bit before putting anything on it...I was completely taken aback - I've never responded that strongly to something...It goes to show you - you just never know - and what's great for one person can always be another person's nightmare! Shock Very Happy
Pudoodles
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
honestly, i feel your pain. one of my good friends used a mask (body shop i think) about 2 years ago and her face swelled up like a balloon, all sort of blistered and swollen. she was a bit of a sight to see actually - at least we can laugh about it now!
so i know how traumatic it can be, although strangely enough, she wasn't as traumatised as i was, i think this was because her eye sight isn't great and her eyes had largely swollen closed...!
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Holy Smokes Shock - comparatively speaking, my experience was a joke! If something that extreme happened to me I'd be eternally afraid to put *anything* on it! Embarassed
Pudoodles
Mabsy

Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:04 am      Reply with quote
Wow, Pudoodles! I hope your face is calming down nicely.... I have never experienced anything like that with Decleor or any other product for that matter (ok, maybe Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask Smile). I find the Essential Balm to be quite soothing actually, obviously there is some ingredient in it that your skin is really not happy about. Have you ever tried any of the other Decleor balms by any chance or is this the first (and probably last Smile) one?
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi

I'm really surprised to hear this as Decleor don't have any nasty chemicals in, so you shouldn't get a reaction like that.

Have a go doing a patch test, apply a little on the inside of your elbow and see if you get the same result.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:29 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles you don't have an nut allergy do you?

Just checked the ingredients and they are...

Essential Oils and Resinoďdes of Basil, Camomile, Neroli, Tonka Bean : 2%
Plant Oils and Waxes of Avocado, Hazelnuts... :

That could explain it as the other ingredients shouldn't cause that kind of reaction.
Emma_Jane
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Sort of on topic - but I didn't know where else to put this. I have just had a revelation (I'm a bit behind everyone else)

I ordered something from EDS a few months ago and received a sample of Decleor Essential Balm. So, I looked at it, wondered what it was (this is where a smarter person might have gone on the site to check it out - but not me, no, I was ahead of the game and used my own deductive skills). So, "balm", what sort of balm do I know of - why, lip balm of course, and it is sort of waxy, so that must be it. I have been happily carrying around the sample in my purse and using it as a lip balm from time to time. On the plus side - it makes quite a nice lip balm, I use it before applying lip gloss, and I have smooth lips all day. On the down side, it would be rather expensive to purchase as a lip balm, and my sample is almost finished so I guess I won' be able to try out using it properly.
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:35 am      Reply with quote
Laughing you might get a new sample next time you order Very Happy

I used up some Essential balm as a lip balm, but actually found that it dried out my lips!

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:47 am      Reply with quote
I've actually been using the YY and E balms alternating and continuously for about a month now.

I haven't experienced any dryness, irritation, breakouts from the continued use...

I know that it's recommended to take a break from these balms, but since I've had no negative experiences from continued use... Should I keep going?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:27 am      Reply with quote
I tried it too and it made me breakout so I gave the jar to my MIL, expensive lesson. I can't use any Decleor products, unfortunately. But they smell so wonderful.
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:48 am      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
I've actually been using the YY and E balms alternating and continuously for about a month now.

I haven't experienced any dryness, irritation, breakouts from the continued use...

I know that it's recommended to take a break from these balms, but since I've had no negative experiences from continued use... Should I keep going?

I used the essential balm every day for 1˝ years... I don't anymore and haven't for the last 2 months. My skin is happier/brighter now than it was, so I think it was a very good choice to make a clean braeak after such a long period of time. That being said, the essential balm has really helped me - but it's as though my skin wanted something else now, filled up with balm= doesn't need it anymore. I don't think you HAVE to take a break, but it might be a good idea to give your skin some diversion...HTH

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Ruth - What results did you get from using the YY essential balm? Did it help with the oily and clogged pores or blackheads? Thanks.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Ruth -

I actually decided to stop using the balm last night, because it has been so cold and I sleep on my side a lot more and tend to end up with blocked pores like that.

I used PSF's balancing oil instead, and I must say my skin was a lot clearer than it has been even when I alternated with the YY and E balms.

So I think I'm going to stick with using either balms one week a month and then just use a nourishing oil for the other times.
toey
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:27 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered Decleor products. Will let u know how it works for my skin Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I recieved a sample of this and I think I loved the scent more than anything, it was OK on my skin, no flare ups, skin looked good in the morning, maybe a little more oily than usual but nothing to write home about. I wouldn't purchase it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
QuestionI have a question regarding both the YY and E balms. I see that a lot of ppl on EDS use both alternatively. I am just about to order my YY balm as a set w/my YY oil, and I have samples of all the above. The sales of the store I went to today told me that my skin fits E balm better and that E balm is to control oil/blackheads while YY is to control acne. She told me to use the E balm 2-3x a week by massaging it on to my skin after the exfoliation step. She told me not to leave it on my skin over night as it is not supposed to be used that way, after I massage it and wait for 5 minutes I should use my toner over it (I guess to rinse off any excess). While YY can be used nightly (but not advised to be used on the same night as the E balm) and YY is to be left on overnight. Is this the proper way I should use these products? And how do I know which days I want to use my YY or E balm - like how is my skin supposed to feel? The sales told me that if I feel like my pores are congested I should use E balm but if I feel acneic I should use YY which doesn't make sense to me because I get acneic from being congested.

Please advise Question
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |