Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Strivectin vs. Alphaderma CE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Rita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Strivectin for quite some time. I like it, but I'm wondering if Alphaderma works better. I'm 36, and Strivectin improved the fine lines around my eyes, but the fine line (laugh line) on the left side of my mouth hasn't changed much.

Anybody?

Thanks,
Rita
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:27 am      Reply with quote
I've used both and at the same time as well! They do different things really, which is why I reckon combining them is a good idea. I don't know how much ADCE will do for an expression line caused by a BIG muscle, like a laugh line, but it should help reduce it. Relaxaline (which is what I use, has agireline in it as well) has certainally helped with mine, but it's still there Smile ... I clearly just have to stop smiling Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:58 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
I've used both and at the same time as well! They do different things really, which is why I reckon combining them is a good idea. I don't know how much ADCE will do for an expression line caused by a BIG muscle, like a laugh line, but it should help reduce it. Relaxaline (which is what I use, has agireline in it as well) has certainally helped with mine, but it's still there Smile ... I clearly just have to stop smiling Very Happy

I have never used Stivectin Laughing Now, guapa, you know why I'm laughing. AlphaDerma has help my smile lines. What I think happens is that when you use it on your whole face you get a firmer more toned skin. Therefore it lifts. In my case it was the sagginess of the cheek area that worsened the smile lines. Once my face was toned the area lifted. I have very minimal smile lines considering my age.

By the way, don't stop smiling. When I really notice smile lines is when someone has a poka face. Rolling Eyes Wink BTW, I think Lori uses Relaxaline on her whole face.
Rita
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Laughing All the laughter is giving me lines... ugh! Thanks for the response ladies. I ordered the Esther's Secret mask this weekend, and I'm hoping that it will give my skin that extra "umph" it needs. I was reading some posts somewhere in the forum about something like a "face bra". Anyone know what they're called?? And can anyone recommend a good one? I always sleep on my right side and I'd like to see about purchasing one that really works.

Thanks,

Rita
jannice

Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:26 am      Reply with quote
*spam removed by Mabsy*
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with both Guapagirl and Winnie! I think that the ADCE *does* help to firm up the skin and thus reduce the severity of the nose to mouth lines...I noticed it immediately the first time I put it on! I wanted the combination of SV, ADCE and vitamin C to be my holy grail but it just all ended up being too drying...If I were you, I'd give the combination of the two (SV & ADCE) a try - if your skin responds well I'll be *so* jealous!
Re: the Dermaglow - I've tried it and think it would be great for those who use the SV in the winter and are looking for something with a lighter texture during the summer months!
Pudoodles Very Happy
Rita
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Does Alphaderma CE cause any dryness at all in the skin? Reason why I ask is because I have dry skin, and I've tried various creams, and I've even tried those Strivectin knock-off's and my skin reacted completely differently to those... fine lines became more prominent again. So, I'm kind of leary in trying anything new... I don't want to be dissappointed yet again, only to return to Strivectin-SD. Wink

Anyone???

Thanks,
Rita
Sweet Pea
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Rita,
If you have dry skin I think that you would like the ADCE better. SV is more of a cream (with a minty smell) and ADCE is in a gel form. I have dry skin. I tend to use the SV at night all over my face and the ADCE during the day and only on spots where I need it.
Hope this helps
Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:50 am      Reply with quote
I guess ADCE will be my next purchase! Rolling Eyes Very Happy
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Sweet Pea wrote:
Rita,
If you have dry skin I think that you would like the ADCE better. SV is more of a cream (with a minty smell) and ADCE is in a gel form. I have dry skin. I tend to use the SV at night all over my face and the ADCE during the day and only on spots where I need it.
Hope this helps
Very Happy

Most people do not have a problem with dryness using AlphaDerma. In the winter I use a light moisturizer over my mature skin. Now it is Spring where I live in New England and I do not use any moisture with ADCE and will not again until November. If you tend to be dry you can use a light moisturizer over ADCE. I suggest that you use nothing else but the AlphaDerma line for the first month. I have spoken to enough people to know that if you use a Vit. C (which can be drying) with AlphaDerma you can experience drying. AlphaDerma contains Vit C at 5%. JB finds that the 5% C is what works best in their antiaging formula. Those who combine ADCE with other antiaging products do not seem to get the full results of the product.

Winnie
JB
Mabsy

Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:45 am      Reply with quote
Rita wrote:
Does Alphaderma CE cause any dryness at all in the skin?

My mum has dry skin and she uses the JB skin prep, followed by Vivier vit C serum, followed by ADCE and that is enough for her in terms of moisture.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Sweet Pea wrote:
Rita,
Hope this helps
Very Happy

I've used both products -I think that if you tend more towards dryness and could only use *one* of the two I'd go with the SV - it has a much richer texture than the ADCE....If you are dry - don't go with ADCE alone - at *least* get the prep to go with it...
Rita - I've used the SV knock-offs too..they are not as moisturizing - not by a long shot - they are better-suited (IMO) to an oilier skin.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Vit C creams and hormone creams can actually help improve skin quality and diminish wrinkes
(lots of papers) I use both. I am near 50 and now have only one real wrinkle. I have also used a host of the peptide creams. They may act temporarily on the muscle but I've searched MEDLINE and there are no peer reviewed studies showing that peptide creams do anything. The only tests are by themanufacturers (hardly unbiased). Anything fast acting is probably only hydrating or causing a muscle to tighten temporarily. I like sticking with things that actually improve skin.
Rita
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Pudoodles, then I'll stick with the Strivectin, since I'm happy with the results from that.

Also, just today, I received the Esther's Secret Mask in the mail. I'm excited about it because of all the rave reviews. So, after reading the pamphlet, I applied it, and I think I didn't do too good a job. As I applied it in front of the bathroom mirror, it got sticky and goopy and dried quickly before I could get it on all of my face evenly. Should I apply it while laying down so it "lifts"? Or should I add water as I apply to smooth it out? Anyone have advice on how to apply ES Mask successfully in order to see positive results?

Thanks,
Rita
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Story on StriVectin and the FDA investigation currently under way:
http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/nov2004/nf20041130_2214_db042.htm
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Rita wrote:
Thanks Pudoodles, then I'll stick with the Strivectin, since I'm happy with the results from that.

Also, just today, I received the Esther's Secret Mask in the mail. I'm excited about it because of all the rave reviews. So, after reading the pamphlet, I applied it, and I think I didn't do too good a job. As I applied it in front of the bathroom mirror, it got sticky and goopy and dried quickly before I could get it on all of my face evenly. Should I apply it while laying down so it "lifts"? Or should I add water as I apply to smooth it out? Anyone have advice on how to apply ES Mask successfully in order to see positive results?

Thanks,
Rita

You need to PM Judy Marshall in regard to application. She will give you her special instructions. Actually she once said on the forum that you could add just a tad of water to the masque. With any lifting masque you need to apply as quickly as possible. It is best to use a brush to apply. Please do apply it standing. BTW if you look for Judy's profile she does list her email address.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
I have forwarded my instructions on applcation from Judy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
When the USDA bans trans fats and partially hydrogenated oils in our food supply, I may listen their skin care research. Razz Laughing
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Rita wrote:

Thanks,
Rita

Hi Rita! Re: the SV and ADCE...Did you know that you can order the ADCE trial from EDS - FREE? - I ordered it so that I can try the Prep *with* the ADCE (I haven't tried it with the ADCE) and then the SV on top to see how I do....I'm *very* curious!
Pudoodles
Rita
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Loopylori for the instructions on mask application. I'm going to attempt application again tonight. Practice makes perfect, he,he. Very Happy

Thanks Pudoodles for the info for a free ADCE trial. I just may go for that to see how it works for me.

Rita
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Rita - let us know how the Esther's Secret works for you - I'd love to hear! I've heard *so* much about it!!
Pudoodles Very Happy
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
Rita wrote:

Thanks,
Rita

Hi Rita! Re: the SV and ADCE...Did you know that you can order the ADCE trial from EDS - FREE? - I ordered it so that I can try the Prep *with* the ADCE (I haven't tried it with the ADCE) and then the SV on top to see how I do....I'm *very* curious!
Pudoodles

Prep, AlphaDerma, SV Shock Pudoodles you are scaring me. Silenced I would be afraid to use all three but if you do try that combination please let me know what happens. Wink
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Winnie! I tried Vitamin C, ADCE and SV....I didn't feel like I had enough moisture...I'm thinking that the C was too much....so I thought that at night I would try Prep, ADCE and SV...Maybe I should just try the Prep and ADCE together and see how I feel...Just so that those who are interested know - I didn't have a terrible reaction with the C, ADCE and SV - my skin just felt too dry.....I'm going to see what the Prep feels like with the ADCE - I hear that for some people it has made all the difference in the world! I will keep you posted!
Pudoodles
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
Hi Winnie! I tried Vitamin C, ADCE and SV....I didn't feel like I had enough moisture...I'm thinking that the C was too much....so I thought that at night I would try Prep, ADCE and SV...Maybe I should just try the Prep and ADCE together and see how I feel...Just so that those who are interested know - I didn't have a terrible reaction with the C, ADCE and SV - my skin just felt too dry.....I'm going to see what the Prep feels like with the ADCE - I hear that for some people it has made all the difference in the world! I will keep you posted!
Pudoodles

I recently talked about this in a previous thread. Where AlphaDerma has 5% C sometimes when people add C (which is drying on its own) they say their skin feels dry. I don't believe in combining too many products. Again, JB recommends that to use Prep, AlphaDerma CE for a few weeks. Then, if you want try adding something if you really want to. When you get the Prep try using it with the AlphaDerma first ... go from there and see what happens. Very Happy
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie - the VC in ADCE is really minimal though, isn't it? I was wondering if it might be the sunscreen in the ADCE that is escascerbating the problem...I find that if I use any VC serum with a topical sunscreen - I always end up feeling tighter than usual...I'm going to just do the prep with the ADCE and see what happens...stay tuned! Very Happy
Pudoodles
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |