Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dark,dull, uneven scarred facial skin! Nothing work!..
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Badskinboy
5% products discount

Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Ok,I am 18 years old. I have suffered from acne since I was 11. I have not seen my skin normal since then. I used to break out really bad in bumps.The bumps I got under control except every now & then I may break out in one or two. I use the Noxzema Cleansing cream all over my face & that's what seems to be helping my bumps.

Keep in mind that I am a black african american so my skin is different.My complexion, I'm more of a brown tone, not dark & not light... just in between the two.My facial tone is uneven.. Dark spots everywhere.. dark patches on my cheeks, that never seem to go away.My overall complexion looks dull.My skin was lighter before I had the acne,now people say my face has gotten darker.Then there are light areas in my skin.It looks abnormal & it makes my facial tone look very ugly,dry & dull. You can see a big difference when I take off my shirt.. comparing my body skin to my facial skin. My body skin is more smooth,toned & lighter.. due to the reason I never had years of my skin breaking out in those areas.I've tried alot of different skin creams,lighteners... nothing seemed to work for me. I'm really worried that my skin will never be back to normal.My mom took me to a derm but the lady gave me different stuff that didn't work so my mom made me stop going to her.Now my mom plans to never bring me to a derm again.So now I have to resort to store products. Is there anything from the store that can eliminate scars & lighten the pigment of my facial skin back to normal?
Mabsy

Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:48 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried using products with AHAs? Regular use of products with glycolic acid should improve the situation for you. First, it should reduce the bumps and any scarring but might also lighten and even out your skin tone as it is a very good exfoliator. MD Formulations does very good AHA products if you're interested.
Badskinboy
5% products discount

Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy. People say I should also wear a sunscreen at all times to protect my skin away from the sun, right now I've been using Neutrogena UVA/UVB Sunblock Lotion with SPF 45, to keep my scars from getting darker.I used one AHA product that didn't seem to do nothing,It was Walgreens Alpha Hydroxy Lotion Skin Treatment 8% AHA of 70% solution.I see an AHA product that I'm curious to try, but it looks expensive.. $30.00 for something that might not even do anything for my face.http://www.glow.com/product_AHA+BHA+Face+&+Body+Polish_2840.htm
Has anyone tried this product & does it work? Also can I get this at a local store? My parents don't like ordering anything off the internet. Darn parents...
Badskinboy
5% products discount

Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Also another question Mabsy? What are some products do you recommend for me that might work?
blackangel

Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
You need to find a dermatologist that has experience or expertise treating skin of darker pigmentation. By experimenting with products you can do more damage that could otherwise have been avoided if you found the right derm.

dark scarring on black skin could benefit from a series of dermabrasion treatments or in-office facial peels. The problem with brown skin that has hyperpigmentation is the more agressive you treat it, the more likely it is to scar, so whatever you use must be gentle, yet effective.

As for the bumps, are they a result of ingrown hairs? if so, Tend skin is excellent for that. it can be found at sephora. you might see some lightening as well.

Bottom line is, agressive acne and scarring is best treated by a derm.

good luck, I certainly can relate as my brother has the same problem.
strawberry1
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
I am a black light brown skinned woman and Epidermix leaves my face smooth and clear of acne and dull complexion but I still have some acne scars and I am going to try this product designed for Black skin it's called Makari. It is suppose to work rather quickly to even the skin tone. Go to the post I made for it and order the free samples. Some people have said they have seen results with just using the samples but I dont know. When I use mine for a couple of weeks I will post my results, maybe even some pics(if it works Smile ).
Mabsy

Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:14 am      Reply with quote
Badskinboy - MD Formulations makes trial kits that give you very well sized products so you don't have to spend a fortune to figure out fi the products work for you or not. I would suggest that you look into MDF. Also, find out who carries MDF in your area and pop in and ask for some samples. I do agree with blackangel though, seeing a derm should provide you with some good advice.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:29 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried the mineral make-up for coverage, eg Jane Iredale's dissapear - don't balk at the idea that because you are male you can't have any coverage. If it is applied correctly then no-one should be able to tell you are wearing this. Smile
juls_sal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
try using NEO STRATA HQ GEL for your scars. it's worked for me.

it's a skin ligthener.

i apply aloe gel all over my face or vitamin E gel after that i use NEO STRATA which will definitely take away your acne scars.

5% products discount

Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:14 am      Reply with quote
What are some possibly popular stores that carry these products? I know going into a dugstore isn't going to help because all they sell are those cheap non-working products..
juls_sal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:46 am      Reply with quote
if you live in canada, you can find Neo Strata at Shoppers Drug Mart. In fact Food Basics Pharmacy has it at 1/2 price.

Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
EDS sells the MD Formulations range but you will also be able to find it in many salons. As far as I know Epidermx is only sold online.

Btw, generally, when you buy things online they turn out to be cheaper.
Bad Bird
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="blackangel"] The problem with brown skin that has hyperpigmentation is the more agressive you treat it, the more likely it is to scar, so whatever you use must be gentle, yet effective. [quote]

I agree with Blackangel on this. There's something called post imflammatory pigmentation, so be very very careful with anything you try.

Another thing, AHAs are good for treating your skin, but they make your skin more sensitive to sunlight. So use a good, photostable sunscreen if you do use AHAs. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |