Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Nourish Skin with Vitamins A and C
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hey there skin care enthusiasts!

We all have daily routines and special skin care practices that we follow. Optimize your skin care routine and promote skin health and rejuvenation by applying vitamins A and C. These anti-oxidants also prepare the skin for advanced skin care treatments and promote bountiful collagen and elastin production.

I just published this article:

Beautiful Skin begins with Vitamin A Almost Every Night and Vitamin C Every Morning

http://www.skinremodelingdiy.com/blog/beautiful-skin-begins-with-vitamin-a-and-vitamin-c

Nourish your skin on a daily basis, apply anti-oxidants.

Take good care of yourself! xo
HGG

61 in 2/2021. Author of "Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care" May 2015. Sunscreen/skin protection, DIY C serum, firming serums, Retin-A, OCM, FlexEffect from 2002, lymphatic massage, 6 rolls/year 1.5 mm derma roller from 2008, Infrared/Red LED from 2009, Galvanic/Ultrasound intermittent
jess2101
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi!
thank’s for the link sharing, it's fabulous
can you advise me vitamin c products care?
I use the serum vivier and obagi, I would like to find other effective products Smile Please !
Thank’s Idea
wenning
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Vitamin E is also very good, I often use vitamin E face painting, but also very good, you can try. Vitamin can also make a mask when adding a drop, the effect is great.
GGirl
5% products discount

Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Is it just me or does anyone else find it hard to start a simple skin care routine?

I'll be 60 this year and decided it's time to start a good (but simple, please) anti-aging skin care routine that I can follow every morning and night.

Right now I just wash my face and slap on some moisturizer. Not sure what else I need to do?

Any advice?
GGirl
5% products discount

Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi, is anyone there? Don't know if my posts are getting through?
cd33
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
@GGirl

You may want to look at the HotandFlashy Youtube channel for some ideas / product recommendations. The host covers all the basics {though I think she goes a bit overboard on the cleaning part). You can come back here for DIY versions (e.g., vitamin C serum).

Here's her current routine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4iy66rWknQ
GGirl
5% products discount

Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks. Yes, I've seen HotandFlashy videos. She's seems knowledgeable, but she uses a lot of products....maybe a little too overwhelming for my taste.

I was looking for a more simpler routine, because I'm lazy and I know I won't do it all those steps every day/night. Smile
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all,

Sorry I’ve missed these comments. I work full time with a demanding (to me) job and seems like I am always a little behind on personal projects!

I need to make an index on my blog. I have written a couple of articles with my daily routine.

I like it simple. I make my own niacinimide/glucosamine serum and vitamin C serum based on recipes from this site that I modify a little for my own use.

Here is the simple routine that I suggest:
Scrub with (silk) micro fiber cloth at night. Retin A or retinoids at night, alternate with sma simple glycolic lotion or aloe Vera leaf (or gel) and basic cream if skin becomes aggravated. Rinse with water in morning, Niacinimide/glucosamine serum and then Vitamin C serum, basic cream or lotion and sunscreen. Facial exercise, facial massage. That’s my basic skincare routine. Add facials and advanced skin care treatments to the basic routine for more.

61 in 2/2021. Author of "Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care" May 2015. Sunscreen/skin protection, DIY C serum, firming serums, Retin-A, OCM, FlexEffect from 2002, lymphatic massage, 6 rolls/year 1.5 mm derma roller from 2008, Infrared/Red LED from 2009, Galvanic/Ultrasound intermittent
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
hydrogeogirl wrote:
Hello all,

Sorry I’ve missed these comments. I work full time with a demanding (to me) job and seems like I am always a little behind on personal projects!

I need to make an index on my blog. I have written a couple of articles with my daily routine.

I like it simple. I make my own niacinimide/glucosamine serum and vitamin C serum based on recipes from this site that I modify a little for my own use.

Here is the simple routine that I suggest.

Night:
1. Scrub with (silk) micro fiber cloth - I have not used a cleanser for 10 years!
2. Retin A or retinoids at night, alternate with a simple glycolic lotion.
3. If skin becomes irritated or to take a break use aloe Vera leaf (or gel) and basic cream

Morning:
1. Rinse with water
2. Niacinimide/glucosamine serum
3. Vitamin C serum
4. Basic cream or lotion
5. Physical Sunblock 365 days a year, dawn to dusk Smile

Also basic skin care routine:
1. Facial exercise
2. Facial massage.

That’s my basic skincare routine. Add facials and advanced skin care treatments to the basic routine for more.

hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
wenning lifted a former thread that contains links to my most recent skin care routine (Feb 2018), thanks wenning!

http://www.skinremodelingdiy.com/blog/http/wwwskinremodelingdiycom/2016/10/17/therambobarbieruggedroutineforskincare

GGirl
5% products discount

Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the skincare routine hydrogeogirl!

That doesn't sound too complicated. I already use the niacinamide/glucosamine and Vitamin C serums which I now make myself.

Haven't noticed too much difference since adding the niacinamide/glucosamine serum. I know it's supposed to tighten the skin and lighten spots. I've been using it for about 2 months now.
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 06, 2019 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
GGirl, thank you!

It is so easy and the best! The N/G serum inhibits melanocytes. Melanocytes are located at the base of the epidermis and migrate to the skin surface due to sun exposure. It will help to prevent hyperpigmentation. With respect to eliminating existing hyperpigmentation, it may take 6 weeks to a year to see results. It is important to promote product penetration to optimize use of skin care products.

Take good care of yourself!
HGG

Khoobsurat21

Tue May 28, 2019 12:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi , can you share the recipe for the N/G Serum and the Vitamin C serum.
Thanks
Monica Lalwani

hydrogeogirl wrote:
Hello all,

Here is the simple routine that I suggest:
Scrub with (silk) micro fiber cloth at night. Retin A or retinoids at night, alternate with sma simple glycolic lotion or aloe Vera leaf (or gel) and basic cream if skin becomes aggravated. Rinse with water in morning, Niacinimide/glucosamine serum and then Vitamin C serum, basic cream or lotion and sunscreen. Facial exercise, facial massage. That’s my basic skincare routine. Add facials and advanced skin care treatments to the basic routine for more.
GGirl
5% products discount

Wed May 29, 2019 5:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I don't know if this recipe for NAG and B3(niacin) is correct, but it works fine for me.

I take 1/2 teaspoon of NAG and 1/2 teaspoon of B3 powder and mix them in 1/4 cup of distilled water. Mix well and later once the powder has dissolved, I add a bit of my favorite face oil or cream to help thicken it a bit so it's easier to apply and not so watery.

Hope this helps. Smile
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I use this recipe:

1/4 teaspoon Niacinimide
1/2 teaspoon N-Acetyl-Glucosamine (NAG)
5 teaspoons Water
1 teaspoon Sea Kelp Biofermament or glycerin or aloe vera or hyaluronic acid or water

Mix em all together to make about 1 ounce. Store in the fridge. I use it in the morning.

GGirl
5% products discount

Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi hydrogeogirl,

Thanks for sharing. Two questions:

1 - Just wondering why only 1/4 tsp of niacinamide? Especially since niacinamide is supposed to be so good for the skin. I use 1/2 tsp and don't have any problems with flushing - as some others mentioned here on this forum. It does feel a little drying once the serum is absorbed, but then I usually follow up with my favorite moisturizer and that takes care of that.

2 - Have you noticed any difference in skin since you started using this mixture? Niacinamide is supposed to help with enlarged pore, skin tone, fine lines. But I haven't noticed a difference (at least that I can see). However, I still use it because of the wonderful benefits these 2 ingredients/nutrients are supposed to have on aging skin.

It's like taking a daily multi-vitamin - you don't really feel it - but you take it anyway because you know it's good for you. Smile
Joanna Bertone
5% products discount

Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
Avocados:Abundant in vitamins A, D, and E
Bell Peppers: Vitamins A, C, and E
Berries: High amount of antioxidants
Broccoli: Vitamins A, B, C, and E
Cucumbers: Vitamin B keeps nerve and blood cells healthy, 95% of water keeps skin hydrated
Dark Chocolate: Contains high levels of flavonoids, an antioxidant, to improve blood flow for glowing skin
Green Leafy Vegetables (Spinach and Kale): Vitamins A, C, and E, Beta-carotene, Lutein
Green Tea: Rich in antioxidants and tannins, which have anti-inflammatory properties
Kiwi Fruit: Just one kiwi includes your entire daily value of vitamin C as well as some other skin-boosting nutrients!
Legumes: Beans and peas are packed with vitamins and minerals.
Khoobsurat21

Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
hydrogeogirl wrote:
Hi,

I use this recipe:

1/4 teaspoon Niacinimide
1/2 teaspoon N-Acetyl-Glucosamine (NAG)
5 teaspoons Water
1 teaspoon Sea Kelp Biofermament or glycerin or aloe vera or hyaluronic acid or water

Mix em all together to make about 1 ounce. Store in the fridge. I use it in the morning.

GGirl
5% products discount

Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the recipe.

Since we last spoke about this - I've been using a mixture of:

1 tbsp. of NAG
1 tbsp. of Niacinamide
about 10 tbsp. of water

Also added this either a few drops of: aloe, face oils, or hyaluronic acid.

This mixture seems to work fine and I've had no issues.

I was worried at first because I thought I read here on the forum that someone mentioned too much niacinamide caused skin flushing, itching, or redness. But it didn't.

So for now I'll keep using this mixture and see how things go in a few months.

Thanks again for sharing Hydrogeogirl!
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

It's my pleasure to share the Niacinimide/Glucosamine recipe, it was in the recipe archives of this forum. I add hyaluronic or another constituent depending on what's on hand. I have not recently reviewed limits for Niacinimide. I usually check suppliers recommended usage concentrations.

For example, Bulk Actives suggests Niacinamide usage as 5%:

INCI: Niacinamide
Appearance: white powder
Solubility: water
Suggested percentage: 5%

I love using this serum. I have little hyperpigmentation (HP) and attribute some of that to use of N/G which not only reduces existing HP but reduces development of new HP by inhibiting melanocytes from migrating from the base of the epidermis to the surface. I also micro-needle, stay out of the sun and apply sunscreen every day that I leave the house.

Smile HGG

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |